Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Jessica Szohr or Rumer Willis

“Gossip Girl” actress Jessica Szohr wore this stunning Christian Dior Spring 2009 floor length gown to the “Costume Institute Gala” in New York last year.

I love the edgy structured leather bodice of this dress, with the contrasting floaty chiffon skirt.

Rumer Willis wore the same dress earlier this year to the “The Art of Elysium’s 3rd Annual Gala Heaven Event” in LA.

I don’t like this dress on Rumer at all, as it does nothing for her body shape, so Jessica wins this for me by default as I don’t think either do justice to this amazing gown.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Watch Gucci's Fall 2010 Presentation Live On Saturday

Watch Gucci’s Fall 2010 Presentation Live On Saturday

Jil Sander Fall 2010 Live Stream

Jil Sander Fall 2010 Live Stream

8 Responses to Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Jessica Szohr or Rumer Willis

1. Louisa February 26, 2010 at 07:21 #

hmm i like it a lot better when it’s sheer, surprisingly!

• Pen Pen February 26, 2010 at 08:16 #

Agree, feels kinda bland with the underlining ….

2. jill (polkadot23) February 26, 2010 at 10:50 #

How funny! I swear, FC, I was thinking the same thing: neither, but Jessica wins by default. We’re so on the same page!

This trend for adult children of celebrities to have to be seen + photographed on these red carpet events seems a bit sad. Not everyone was meant to go into their parents business, and some of these girls.. let’s just say, it happens that girls can look like their dads. And in an industry that judges books by its cover… it just seems unfortunate.

She isn’t pursuing an acting career, is she? I mean, the world can use more scientists.. or doctors..

• Rita February 26, 2010 at 12:25 #

I don’t agree with you about looks. For instance, you have actresses like meryl streep or my fave Cate Blanchett who are not beautiful for the least, but they have enough talent and confidance to always look great in their outfits, it’s just that Rumer Willis doesn’t have enough prestance to carry out any red carpet dress. My opinion… And you have women like Leona Lewis who are quite pretty but they can’t dress to save their lives. It’s not about beauty because beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway, it’s about how you carry yourself out or how much confidence you have to be able to wear anything even a trash bag lol! Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first languege!

3. ~**juDee**~ February 26, 2010 at 16:12 #

i love jessica with all my heart but she somewhat “chavs” the dress up a little with the orange oompa-loompa skin and that bright nail polish. so im going to have to give this one to rumer

4. leti February 26, 2010 at 16:32 #

I don’t usually like Jessica Szor, but at least she’s owning this look.

5. Amy February 26, 2010 at 20:12 #

I think Jessica looks stunning!

6. P. February 27, 2010 at 04:25 #

I much prefer Jessica, she really owns this look.
    I never realized that Rumer is very high. Perhaps is the picture or maybe she was using Lady GaGa’s odd platforms.