Were Anna Kendrick and Anna Paquin really at the same event?

Because you could get to more different look at the 12th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards.

Anna arrived in a stunning Elie Saab gown, whereas Anna arrived wearing an futuristic Marios Schwab Fall 2009 mini dress.

Anna seems to be the current red carpet bad girl who’s going against the grain.

At the SAG Awards you’ll remember she wore an reptile print Alexander McQueen mini dress which many of you didn’t think was event appropriately, well oops she’s done it again.

I love this look mostly because she tried something different and I just love that print.

The icing on the cake would’ve been if she’d tied her hair back in a tight pony and lost the necklace.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nina Dobrev In Matthew Williamson - Comic Con 2013

Nina Dobrev In Matthew Williamson – Comic Con 2013

12th Annual Costume Guild Awards - Anika Noni Rose In David Meister

12th Annual Costume Guild Awards – Anika Noni Rose In David Meister

11 Responses to Runway To 12th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards – Anna Paquin In Marios Schwab

1. wilwarin February 26, 2010 at 15:06 #

i love anna paquin and she looks great here :)

• mol February 26, 2010 at 17:00 #

I agree

2. Jasmine February 26, 2010 at 15:37 #

Anna Paquin is MY girl crush. I love how she dresses – with a bit of personality and attitude. Good for her for not looking prissy.

3. Mel February 26, 2010 at 15:38 #

She looks beautiful. Her dress fit her perfectly and I like her hair and necklace. For me the only thing I improved would be the shoes, I think a high shoes could be better than the booties.

4. Elise February 26, 2010 at 16:52 #

Gorgeous dress but I’m not fan of the shoes

5. WendyB February 26, 2010 at 19:03 #

I love that she’s doing her own thing. I mean, that should be the worst thing anyone says about you: “she wasn’t event-appropriate.” Please! I could live with that.

6. Kristen February 26, 2010 at 19:22 #

I hate choker necklaces the majority of the time, much like the way that you dislike black tights. This is no exception – that necklace is completely wrong with this look. Ugh.

7. Leo February 26, 2010 at 22:03 #

Incredible! The necklace is a bad choice but the rest is amazing, the dress makes her body look amazing, gives her curves, all around impressive.

8. mochababe73 February 27, 2010 at 00:23 #

Loving the shoes. I could have done without the little flap on the front of the dress. I love that dress, but for some reason, I am not liking her in it.

9. whitestroke February 27, 2010 at 18:24 #

I loved that collection, and I was majorly pissed that almost everyone who wore it went for the modified versions of the dresses, which was just simplifying them, thus taking away from them everything artistic that was a point of that piece. It was just a simple sheath in a print from that collection then. So I definitely appreciate Anna going for the real thing here. She really works that flap thing on the front. She’s been a bit of a red carpet rebel these days and I like it. She should have left the necklace at home, though. Or give it to other Anna. lol It’d work better with the Elie Saab look.

10. pascha March 9, 2010 at 14:16 #

I absolutely agree FC, the necklace and hair ruin the look.

The reason why the dress works so well on the model is the beautiful neckline. On Anna the neckline has been cut off by bling an older woman would wear with a gown to the Opera.

To me the necklace and her hair ages the look and ultimately Anna which is a shame b/c she is so stunning!