26.02.10 Premiere

“Alice In Wonderland” Royal World Premiere – Anne Hathaway In Vivienne Westwood

Anne Hathaway looked radiant when she walked the red carpet at the “Alice In Wonderland” Royal World Premiere in London last night.

As beautiful as she looked, it found it very hard to get excited about her Vivienne Westwood dress.

I should’ve been excited as it had all my key red carpet ingredients.

It’s sassy, it’s sexy, it’s sparkling, but it just feels like I’ve seen it many times before.

As much as I love Westwood’s work. Her signature red carpet dresses all have a touch of de ja vu about them, as they’re all cut the same with the same bodice and neckline.

I don’t want to take anything away from Anne because she looks stunning, but is this BDOTW worthy? I’ll let you decide.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Moschino Cheap & Chic Fall 2010

Moschino Cheap & Chic Fall 2010

Runway To “Alice In Wonderland” Royal World Premiere After-Party - Mia Wasikowska In RM by Roland Mouret

Runway To “Alice In Wonderland” Royal World Premiere After-Party – Mia Wasikowska In RM by Roland Mouret

45 Responses to “Alice In Wonderland” Royal World Premiere – Anne Hathaway In Vivienne Westwood

1. wilwarin February 26, 2010 at 12:04 #

as much as i wanted to i really can’t get excited about this look… it’s just, like you’ve said FC, already seen look… for me it’s not BDOTW material.

2. Danika February 26, 2010 at 12:06 #

I don’t think so. It’s quite bland on her, and yeah, there is definitely a touch of deja vu. Besides this look could be anyone from the neck down (*cough cough* Leona) and I don’t think Anne’s done anything to make it her own. What do you think of the length, FC?

3. Lizzie February 26, 2010 at 12:11 #

This is how it’s done! :)

4. Danielle February 26, 2010 at 12:15 #

I like everything from hips-up. The dress is a tad too long and the shoes are too heavy for this gown.

5. LeeAnn February 26, 2010 at 12:15 #

she is stunning. The dress on a dummy would be stunning. But when on a person the breast go a bit wierd so for that reason not BDOTW

6. Lara February 26, 2010 at 12:15 #

She look beautiful because she’s Anne, not necessarily because of the dress. I agree that something feels a bit missing… At the same time, I don’t think there have been too many real stunners for BDOTW this week, so I wouldn’t mind seeing her slip in there.

• Beatriz Duarte February 26, 2010 at 14:30 #

I totally agree! The dress itself is just like any other Vivienne Westwood dress (and makes me think of Sandra Bullock on the People’s Choice Award), but Anne is so bright and so elegant that she can shine wearing almost anything. IMO, she’s in the pool for BDOTW.

7. Flutterbang February 26, 2010 at 12:20 #

I like it from the waist up…hate the colour, though. I don’t think it’s BDOTW worthy

8. Tania February 26, 2010 at 12:31 #

I’m not excited about it either, it’s nice but I don’t think I want that dress. I don’t think it is BDOTW worthy.

9. Mahima February 26, 2010 at 12:41 #

no, the neckline area is not good and the shoes are a little too bulky for that type of dress.

10. Linda February 26, 2010 at 12:43 #

She is beautiful here. I saw the pics last night and was blown away. However, you’re right about the deja vu with the cut of the dress. I think Anne looks so great here though, that she should be up for BDOTW (as long as there’s room).

11. Julie February 26, 2010 at 12:46 #

From the neck up she looks absolutely stunning! But the dress doesn’t excite me at all. The colour is too bland for her beautiful light skin. Somehow it makes me think of hot chocolate with wipped cream! And the lenght is a bit awkward. But I do love the shoes!
    It’s too bad, because Anne is so beautiful, but unfortunately this is not BDOTW worthy.

12. Amelia February 26, 2010 at 12:51 #

yes, in spite of everything, I think it is… just wish she had worn a different colour, something more eye-catching

13. Nikki February 26, 2010 at 13:01 #

I was looking forward to the red carpet / premieres of Alice in Wonderland as I was excited to see Anne Hathaway.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed with this look. I really tried to like it but I couldn’t find anything to like. The length is off, it emphasizes her hips not in a good way, the folds of the dress makes her boobs looks small, and I don’t know what’s on the hem but it doesn’t do anything for the dress. And it’s another sparkly dress.

I really hope she does better on the next red carpet event.

• Alicia February 26, 2010 at 18:53 #

Agree. Not that there’s anything wrong with a small bust – it just looks like hers is completely concealed. Maybe that’s why Vivienne Westwood picked Pamela Anderson for that runway show last year – anyone without fake breasts looks…lacking in certain creations?

14. Leo February 26, 2010 at 13:30 #

I like it, but then I don’t like it. It’s great in theory but it’s kinda blend at the same time. But it kinda makes me think she wanted to let Mia shine and be the star and have her comming out party in a way.

15. sienna February 26, 2010 at 13:32 #

i really do not like this look……i don`t like the cut of the dress.in my opinion definetely not bdotw worth

16. Erik February 26, 2010 at 14:01 #

I hate this on Anne. This outfit doesnt do her any justice, as the dress is to long, the decoration on the breast part is so awkward, it makes it looks like her breasts are very weirdly positioned and the shoes are too heavy.

17. Nicola February 26, 2010 at 15:29 #

There’s no wow factor here. I’m not keen on the hem, it makes the proportions not look quite right. A more dramatic skirt would have made for a better dress.

18. Ally February 26, 2010 at 15:32 #

I love Anne, but that dress is not doing her any favors. Honestly, I just think I don’t like Vivenne Westwood…

19. Red February 26, 2010 at 15:37 #

Cate Blanchett wore the same dress to the London premiere of Elizabeth: The Golden Age but in 2007 but is was blue…and i think she also stood in the same pose as Anne is now!!

20. Anissa February 26, 2010 at 15:46 #

I love the color and sparkle, but that bodice just is doing something weird and unflattering to her chest…I want to love it but can’t…sad.

21. Nemesis February 26, 2010 at 15:54 #

I don’t like it maybe in another colour

22. Elise February 26, 2010 at 16:55 #

The only thing I love about the dress is the color, the dress looks too long on Anne and I don’t like the cut.

23. Talita February 26, 2010 at 17:14 #

I don’t like it. The color is so blah… And the cut of the dress is not the best.

24. Shelli February 26, 2010 at 17:19 #

I also dont like the length and the shoes seem to heavy. I do like the color of the dress and the hair is very sexy

25. claire February 26, 2010 at 17:46 #

i don’t think this is BDOTW worthy. anne herself looks great (but then she always does), but i don’t like her dress, especially the colour.
    and i completely agree with you about vivenne westwood, we’ve seen this dress in various materials too many times…

26. Laura February 26, 2010 at 18:05 #

Sorry, this dress gives her giant brown nipples. And I know VW cuts her tops like this, but it really looks like Anne isn’t filling it out AT ALL.

27. Laura February 26, 2010 at 18:08 #

Ok, just saw the picture of her with Mia, Johnny and Helena and she looks MUCH better. The angle and lighting of these two does no justice.

28. Naomi February 26, 2010 at 18:09 #

I don’t think this look is BDOTW worthy. and I dont like the fit in the chest area at all.

29. mol February 26, 2010 at 19:02 #

Unlike many of you, I love this color and the dress has me intrigued – I can’t make up my mind, I might actually really love it, it’s one of those dresses that hasn’t settled easily in my mind as a yea or nay. I wouldn’t have any problem with it being on the BDOTW slate though. I already know of some dresses that will make the cut that I personally won’t vote for, so I don’t mind at all having a chance to chew this one over more in my mind.

30. Kristen February 26, 2010 at 19:18 #

I think this dress would have worked much better if the grayish bit on the hem was hacked off. It would make them hem a little more flattering and would create more contrast with her skin color on her legs.

I think her hair and make up are close to the best I’ve seen for her. So beautiful!

31. Sally February 26, 2010 at 19:24 #

No. Not worthy, for all the reasons that has already been listed in the previous comments.

32. antoneLLina February 26, 2010 at 19:28 #

only one word: YAAAAAWN.
    definitely NO.

33. Noora Al-thani February 26, 2010 at 19:36 #

i LOVE Anne .. she’s always stunning but this dress is definitely not BDOTW worthy.. plus the top part is very unflattering and weird

34. Mikki February 26, 2010 at 19:47 #

this is not very boobie flattering- it’s actually flattening the boobies- overall, not impressed..

35. Taylor February 26, 2010 at 20:30 #

I think i know why it’s like you’ve seen it before. You have, as Cate Blanchet wore a green version of it and few years ago.

36. dressaddict February 26, 2010 at 20:41 #

I really like it, it’s exactly Anne’s style, not too conservatory, but not too edgy either. Like the shoes too.

37. mochababe73 February 27, 2010 at 00:27 #

Boring brown on boring Anne. Does this surprise anyone. The dress needs to be in a different color with at least three inches taken off of it.

38. mochababe73 February 27, 2010 at 00:28 #

Boring Anne in a boring brown dress.
    The dress needs to be in a different color with a few inches taken off of it.

39. Jen February 27, 2010 at 02:42 #

the neckline doesn’t make any sense to me. they look like squashed cups that are north of her boobs instead of cupping them… and what’s actually on her breasts is flattening them.

Also, shiny, and brown is gross looking, at least in this shade of brown.

I also think the length is awkward and the shoes weirdly clunky.

She looks great from the collarbones up, but I’m totally panning the outfit.

40. P. February 27, 2010 at 04:07 #

No doubts she looks stunning, but this look isn’t a BDOTW worthy. Regardless my love for Anne, many other girls deserve it more than her.

41. nicky February 27, 2010 at 06:57 #

love her hair and makeup. the dress still looks gorgeous on her even though we’ve seen this cut million of times before. the hem is cut off weirdly…and the top bit of the dress doesnt seem to fit as well. strangely enough, i kind of like the colour

42. Miss F March 1, 2010 at 11:47 #

I know this a tad bit late but better late than never.

I was surprised you didn’t mention that the shoes were so wrong for the dress. I see though that others have pointed that out. For me, the shoes were actually a what was she thinking.

43. e March 2, 2010 at 03:18 #

i agree with everything people have said. i would also like to add that anne h is so beautiful, but why does she wear soooooo much make up? i feel it reallyages her. a lighter touch would be better.