Runway To “Love Ball” – Stella McCartney In Stella McCartney

Stella McCartney was one of the many guests who attended the “Love Ball London” event in London hosted by Natalia Vodianova and Harper’s Bazaar.

As much as I love Stella and admire both her work and her style, this dress should really have been saved for at least the Spring.

I love this floral Stella McCartney Spring 2010 dress with the flouncy hem, but when paired with tights its just breaks my heart.

I know fashion is moving faster and faster, but lets let the snow thaw before we start getting out the floral mini dresses.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Giorgio Armani & Prada Design Lady GaGa's Tour Costumes

Giorgio Armani & Prada Design Lady GaGa’s Tour Costumes

Runway To 'Miss Polly Rae: The All New Hurly Burly Show' - Kylie Minogue In Dolce & Gabbana

Runway To ‘Miss Polly Rae: The All New Hurly Burly Show’ – Kylie Minogue In Dolce & Gabbana

8 Responses to Runway To “Love Ball” – Stella McCartney In Stella McCartney

1. dressaddict February 25, 2010 at 12:41 #

FC, please explain, you don’t like tights with dresses from a personal point of view, or you can give me some arguments that will show us this is a fashion mistake/blunder/faux -pas? I’m asking because for a couple of years now there’s this trend to associate dresses with tights, most of the stylists on magazine/blogs/tv shows adivce us to do so. So I would be glad to hear your detailed opinion!

2. Linda February 25, 2010 at 13:27 #

I’m really surprised a designer would ruin her own dress like that.

3. Danielle February 25, 2010 at 14:10 #

I admire you for telling your honest opinion about Stella, while knowing she reads your blog.

I agree; this dress is meant to be worn on a warm, sunny day without black tights.

• Fashion Critic February 25, 2010 at 14:45 #

I say it as I see it :)

If I said otherwise you guys would see right through it ;)

4. robbie February 25, 2010 at 14:10 #

this look breaks my heart aswell. i do wish she would do something else with her hair.

5. ange February 25, 2010 at 16:38 #

without the tights i don’t think stella would have worn it though, because just the floral skirt would have been too cute, short and girly on its own for her. stella’s usual style seems to be a bit more cool mixed with soft. just my thoughts.

• mol February 25, 2010 at 17:13 #

I like how you describe her style, it really fits.

6. Elaine February 25, 2010 at 23:45 #

I dont this dress has the same wow factor off the catwalk as it does on the catwalk….

Wow how do you know Stella McCarthney reads your blog? Hi Stella :-)