Runway To “Love Ball” – Leona Lewis In William Tempest

Leona Lewis performed at the “Love Ball London” event in London hosted by Natalia Vodianova and Harper’s Bazaar this week.

The British singer is determined to shake off the “boring” tag by trying add a bit of sexy edginess to her look.

At this event she wore a copper William Tempest Spring 2010 one-sleeved gown with a padded shoulder.

I like that Leona is experimenting with fashion, but I do not like this gown on her as it doesn’t flatter her figure and the bodice is ill-fitting.

Her edgier looks don’t feel natural at all but there is hope. Rihanna started out wearing bubblegum pink Herve Leger dresses and look at her now.

*Sings* “It will all get better in time.” I hope.

Leona used this event to show off her new tattoo which runs from the nape of her neck to the middle of her back.

If she shaves one side of her head I will totally give up on her.

Credit: Style.com, London Features & Getty

24 Comments
Peter Pilotto Fall 2010

Peter Pilotto Fall 2010

Giorgio Armani & Prada Design Lady GaGa's Tour Costumes

Giorgio Armani & Prada Design Lady GaGa’s Tour Costumes

24 Responses to Runway To “Love Ball” – Leona Lewis In William Tempest

1. robbie February 25, 2010 at 09:07 #

yet another failed attempt at being edgy. she will never shake off the boring tag, because she is boring just because she is trying to wear edgy clothes doesnt mean she wont be boring she has to learn that.

the tattoo is just so tacky. but that dress quite possibly the most tackiest dress i have ever seen.

2. Jasmine February 25, 2010 at 09:13 #

At least her hair looks good.

3. mm February 25, 2010 at 09:16 #

Yuck! She looks like carmel and who eats carmel anymore? LOL I dont like her hair either.

4. wilwarin February 25, 2010 at 09:23 #

blah… it’s yuk… it screams oh i wanna be so egdy because that’s so cool now… :S

5. shubby doo February 25, 2010 at 09:48 #

yuck on the colour…double yuck on everything else…this is totally sad…it’s on the other side of bad.

i guess she’ll get a style when she gets a personality

6. Lizzie February 25, 2010 at 09:53 #

Dreadful! More worryingly she must have looked in a mirror before she went out and thought she looked good!

7. Nikki February 25, 2010 at 10:00 #

Kudos on trying something new, unfortunately, it doesn’t work this time. There is something off about the gown. The style, color, material, maybe? And those bangles don’t do anything either. She’s in her freshman stage in edgy fashion, so I hope she does better next time. Or maybe just try another style instead.

8. nicky February 25, 2010 at 10:04 #

really not flattering at all. she looks stumpy. the shiny material also looks extremely tacky on her.

9. Tania February 25, 2010 at 11:15 #

Lol, she would never shave the side of her head.
    Three words me no likey!

10. mandy February 25, 2010 at 11:37 #

“If she shaves one side of her head I will totally give up on her.”. HAHAHAHAHA FC ur so funny!!!!!

11. Nicola February 25, 2010 at 11:38 #

She’s trying give her some slack! But she’s going for the wrong type of look. She suits a feminine, classier look. She doesn’t need to go this extreme (just no corset dresses or waist belts!)

12. Caroline February 25, 2010 at 12:03 #

Yeh its really not a great colour on her! I’m so glad she’s moved away from the corset belts though and I actually really like her hair.

13. dressaddict February 25, 2010 at 12:37 #

Don’t like it! It seems like she’s trying so hard to find her style and she just can’t settle for one thing, as it doesn’t suit her. Maybe she should hire a stylist or, if she has one, change him?

14. Linda February 25, 2010 at 13:23 #

I like this. At very first glance, I thought Yuck, but it’s really been growing on me.

15. Leo February 25, 2010 at 13:29 #

She took a terrible dress and made it even worst. Nightmares.

16. Flutterbang February 25, 2010 at 13:37 #

I like the tattoo and I like the dress, I think she looks good.

17. mochababe73 February 25, 2010 at 14:32 #

Yuck! I agree. Leona is not edgy, and I don’t know why she would want to be. The dress is ugly on her and the model.
    The hair was very pretty in the back, but the hair stylist could have done a better job with the front.
    Is it me, or does that dress make her look short.

18. shree February 25, 2010 at 14:47 #

This dress us dreadful on both ladies. Of all the dresses available, why on earth would anyone choose this one? Leona, you are trying too hard. Everyone is allowed a fashion mistake, but this is a calamity.It actually looks like my nine year old daughter made it – all wrong : colour, fabric, shape ………..

19. mandy February 25, 2010 at 15:20 #

on second thought, this is probably by far the ugliest dress i’ve seen this year.

20. Little J February 25, 2010 at 16:58 #

Fashion Critic, I adore the sarcasm and general sense of humour that you bring to your posts! it’s what sets it apart from other fashion blogs and draws me back every day. Fashion + Fun. Keep doing what you do!!

• Fashion Critic February 25, 2010 at 17:05 #

glad you are enjoying the blog. Thanks x

21. Alfredo February 25, 2010 at 18:28 #

I like her hair and make up, that is all.

22. jill (polkadot23) February 26, 2010 at 10:57 #

Oh, goodness, I thought it was a scar. Like she’d just had some really serious back surgery.

I don’t know how in the world you’re managing to get all these great posts up, FC. I applaud your energy, yours is my favourite blog. It’s not even a blog, it’s a superblog!! x

23. Lala/S-R February 26, 2010 at 23:08 #

Like Alicia Keys, edgy doesn’t work on Leona Lewis. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but she makes Rihanna’s very contrived edgy look real and effortless.
    Maybe that tatt was inspired by VB’s tatt?