24.02.10 In Her Closet

Cheryl Cole (Soon To Be) Single And (Always) Fabulous!

Cheryl Cole announced this morning that she will be divorcing her 5x cheating husband Chelsea footballer Ashley Cole

I think he’s been holding her back for far too long and I hope to see her now go on to bigger and better things.

As the news broke about his sleazy affairs she headed out to LA.

Whilst leaving London’s Heathrow airport last week she wore a rather disturbing Beatrice Boyle’s ‘Gaze’ print hooded dress which she paired with leggings and Be&D Garbo lambskin studded grommet satchel.

En route to LA Cheryl changed before exiting LAX into this Missoni Everest knitted track top, which she paired with J Brand Skinny denim jeans and burgundy YSL Trib Two’s.

Speculation has been growing that Cheryl is dating dancer Derek Hough.  That reached fever pitch when she was spotted dining with him at Katsuya in LA wearing a stunning chocolate brown Chapurin Spring 2010 mini dress.

Cheryl seems to love this designers work as she’s worn Chapurin to the 2009 Pride of Britain Awards, and week 9 of the X Factor.

My favourite look was what she wore to a recording session in Santa Monica.

Her fitted McQ Gingham cotton-blend shift dress is gorgeous, as are her Burberry Charm-detailed leather sandals.

Tres chic Chezza.

Credit: NYmag, Fame Pictures & Bauer Griffin

Irina Shayk In Azzedine Alaia - Extra

Irina Shayk In Azzedine Alaia – Extra

In Kristen Stewart's Closet - Burberry Prorsum Knot Skirt

In Kristen Stewart’s Closet – Burberry Prorsum Knot Skirt

18 Responses to Cheryl Cole (Soon To Be) Single And (Always) Fabulous!

1. Frances February 24, 2010 at 10:14 #

FC – by any chance do you know the black jacket Cheryl Cole wore yesterday when she arrived at Heathrow? She wore it with black jeans and a Trilby. Thanks x

2. robbie February 24, 2010 at 10:30 #

she looks arligt still very chavvy as usual especially in that weird hoodie.

i was more surprised when this was one of the main stories on sky news. surely there are more important things in the world sky news should be covering.

3. wilwarin February 24, 2010 at 10:40 #

i’m not huge fan of cheryl, there’s some vibe that’s off with here… but i must admit she knows how to dress…

4. B February 24, 2010 at 10:44 #

The one good thing about the paps following her around more than usual is we get to see every outfit!

5. Davor February 24, 2010 at 11:37 #

Cheryl is amazing and I’m happy for her ‘new beggining’ without her husband. She deserves so much better. As far as her style is concerned, well, she simply is born with it. She is not afraid to make ‘fashion experiments’ and she always plays with clothes. That’s what fashion is all about. I look on her like I’ve looked on Victoria Beckham 5-7 years ago.
    P.S. Look at the last photo (from Santa Monica): her bodyguard looks like a giant in compare with her… Ha, ha…

6. Leo February 24, 2010 at 12:38 #

I know you really like her, and I try to understand it. To me she has no appeal, anc chic is the last word on my mind to describe her. I find her tacky, trashy and try-too-hard. And the hair she needs to do something about it.

7. anu February 24, 2010 at 13:50 #

but why is she wearing her wedding ring? :s

8. mochababe73 February 24, 2010 at 14:02 #

She looks impeccable and polished. It’s refreshing to see someone dress this way without always trying to put an “edge” to it.

9. Emma February 24, 2010 at 14:05 #

The bag in the first 4 pictures looks like the Be & D Garbo satchel.

Great Blog by the way, and I can’t wait to get my hands on the March issue of Vogue to read the article (northern Europe is way behind when it comes to Vogue ).

Btw have you seen the pictures where Paris Hilton wears a Preen dress

• Fashion Critic February 24, 2010 at 15:22 #

thanks Emma.

I wouldn’t have seen it myself if I wasn’t in New York when it came out.

Yes I’ve seen Paris.

I’m catching up today, so will post it soon

FC x

10. Pry February 24, 2010 at 14:11 #

I love her style and I’m happy she is leaving her husband , maybe now she will try international career.

11. SarahV February 24, 2010 at 15:56 #

The last look is indeed very pretty ;)
    I’m happy for her she’s finally rid of that loser.

12. mol February 24, 2010 at 16:16 #

I adore that Chapurin dress!

13. Elaine February 24, 2010 at 16:23 #

What a brave woman – looking so stylish under the circumstances, If that was me im sure I would want to hide under a rock.

Instead she braved the media and looked super stylish in the process – Ashley what were you thinking?!

2 big thumbs up Cheryl – we are all rooting for you, you deserve so much better :-)

• Fashion Critic February 24, 2010 at 16:52 #

I agree. So dignified especially as this is the second time this has happened

14. MJ February 25, 2010 at 03:59 #

Look #2 is amazing! I want a Missoni track suit. Look #4 also great.

15. stars&lilies March 2, 2010 at 05:07 #

she reminds me of VB in those aviators/YSLs

but i LOVE the Chapurin mini. amazing.