Who Wore Osman Yousefzada Better? Mischa Barton or Sarah Brown

Mischa Barton arrived at the British Academy Television Awards held at The Royal Festival Hall in London last April wearing a Osman Yousefzada Fall 2009 navy blue gown.

I fell in love with gold embellished turtle-neckline when I first saw this gown, so I wished at the time Mischa had worn her hair back to show off that detail to full effect.

The Prime Minister’s wife Sarah Brown has been front row at many shows this London Fashion Week, so she’s been taking in a lot of style tips.

At the 2010 Elle Style Awards last night she wore the same gown as Mischa Barton.

We thankfully got to see that stunning neckline with Sarah’s shorter hair, but unfortunately this picture is not doing her much justice as she looked much better in real life.

For taking a chance and experimenting with fashion and because everyone is bound to vote for Mischa, Sarah wins this for me.

Credit: NYMag & Wireimage

Runway To 2010 Elle Style Awards - Dannii Minogue In Lisa Ho

Runway To 2010 Elle Style Awards – Dannii Minogue In Lisa Ho

Runway To 2010 Elle Style Awards - Kristen Stewart In Emilio Pucci

Runway To 2010 Elle Style Awards – Kristen Stewart In Emilio Pucci

11 Responses to Who Wore Osman Yousefzada Better? Mischa Barton or Sarah Brown

1. LeeAnn February 23, 2010 at 10:10 #

Sarah Brown looks like an extra in the Da Vinci Code !

2. bdress February 23, 2010 at 11:01 #

wtf???? Sarah looks like a nun. My vote goes to Mischa Barton.

3. bettybrandenburg February 23, 2010 at 11:03 #

FC, I salute you for supporting Sarah Brown here (as did I!) I think she looks lovely (and warm) and the colour suits her, AND it’s flattering. I mean you can throw anything at somebody who’s model-thin like Mischa Barton and it would look good. Voters. show a bit more imagination!

4. robbie February 23, 2010 at 11:28 #

sarah wins for me. i love that she is getting more into fashion, i guess michelle obama has rubbed off on her.

5. Ella February 23, 2010 at 11:37 #

I gave my vote to Mischa. I feel like when somebody with her age and figure wears this dress it looks demure – it’s an unexpectedly classy look.

I guess with Sarah I feel like it’s expected that somebody her age would wear a dress like this so it just has a whiff of dowdy. I’m not suggesting that she should have worn a low cut mini-dress – i’m sure nobody wants to see their first lady in that – but perhaps some colour would have been nice, or even a dress that showed a little lower leg

6. Maria February 23, 2010 at 13:06 #

I think this dress ages Mischa. Maybe if she’d worn her hair tied back it would look nicer?

7. Jane February 23, 2010 at 13:13 #

I love the versatility of this dress, it works really well for both of them. I really like what it does for Sarah’s body, very flattering and quite a sleek look which I must say I wouldn’t have expected of the PM’s wife not so long ago.

• Fashion Critic February 23, 2010 at 13:37 #

Pre-Obama I don’t think she would never have dared wear something like it.

I thought she looked fab

8. mochababe73 February 23, 2010 at 14:30 #

Neither. The model rocked it!

9. Jasmine February 25, 2010 at 09:45 #

I saw Sarah Brown in real life the other day and you’re right, she is far slimmer and far more attractive than pictures ever show.