Runway To 2010 Elle Style Awards – Carey Mulligan In The Row

Most Conservative Award
After giving us several different looks, Carey Mulligan opted for something more conservative at the 2010 Elle Style Awards last night.

The British actress was front row when the Olsen twins presented their first collection at New York Fashion Week for ‘The Row’, so we shouldn’t be surprised that this look caught her eye.

Carey opted for a blue python jacket which she wore over a black dress both from The Row Fall 2010 collection, which she paired with YSL shoes.

Although I liked this look, I would’ve liked something with a bit more pizazz for this event.

Carey’s very petite in person – for some reason I expect her to be taller – and she’s beautifully well spoken.

That crop gets better everyday.

YES. I’m obsessed.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Carey Mulligan In Alexander McQueen - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' New York Film Festival Premiere

Carey Mulligan In Alexander McQueen – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Runway To 2010 Elle Style Awards - Alexa Chung In Chanel

Runway To 2010 Elle Style Awards – Alexa Chung In Chanel

35 Responses to Runway To 2010 Elle Style Awards – Carey Mulligan In The Row

1. Monica February 23, 2010 at 13:07 #

She looks good, but I don’t think there’s anything special about ut though…

One question, why didn’t you show Livia Firth’s look from the BAFTA awards? I think she looked amazing in Leila Hafzi. :)

2. Talent Watchers February 23, 2010 at 13:11 #

Wow that’s a simply incredible dress and she’s such a beautiful, talented girl. She has such poise too, not something you see in young, american actresses, who all slouch. It must be an english thing.

3. Terry February 23, 2010 at 13:15 #

I think she would be the best testimonial for The Row clothing line, because she perfectly embodies its effortless chic idea. I love when she’s wearing Prada, Lanvin and Chanel, but here she’s so simple and elegant!

4. Boeshane February 23, 2010 at 13:16 #

I think her clutch is Louis Vuitton.

• Terry February 23, 2010 at 14:59 #

Yes, it totally looks like the gold-trimmed clutch designed by Sofia Coppola.

5. justme February 23, 2010 at 13:17 #

I tried to love her style but I can’t, she dresses like a 45 y-o.

6. ude February 23, 2010 at 13:22 #

she is my new rihanna/camilla bell

7. Nikki February 23, 2010 at 13:30 #

Carey Mulligan’s really cute and pretty so I don’t understand why she wears clothes that make her look really mature. I wish she had worn something more playful / youthful as this is the Elle Style awards and not a luncheon with the Queen or Prime Minister.

8. mm February 23, 2010 at 13:30 #

too mature, just grandma

9. Alfredo February 23, 2010 at 14:14 #

I just can’t get into her, I’m trying but I’m failing miserably. :(

10. mochababe73 February 23, 2010 at 14:26 #

She looks matronly and dowdy. She’s young so I don’t understand why she is wearing that below the knee pencil skirt. The jacket is too big. Fortunately, she managed to put on some slamming shoes.

11. juli February 23, 2010 at 14:36 #

this look is wayyyyy to old, I hated. But I am so jealous that you met her in person, she seems so sweet.

I liked her BAFTA look better.

12. LeeAnn February 23, 2010 at 14:59 #

Being an owner of a crop I can say they do get better a few days after the cut but her colour has too much orange and not enough cream-sorry
    I do like the outfit but she needs to make it look more relaxed-it is wearing her

13. dressaddict February 23, 2010 at 15:24 #

Carey is 5 ft 6 in (168 cm). That’s a normal height, not very tall, but not very petite either. Kyle Minogue is very petite, 5 ft 0 in (152 cm).

• Fashion Critic February 23, 2010 at 15:31 #

!?!!!??!!???

Thanks for the stats, but I saw her with my own eyes and to me she was petite.

I’m 5ft 11in – 6ft 4in in heels, so to me at 5ft 6 she would been shorter than me therefore petite.

Petite refers to frame and height.

• dressaddict February 23, 2010 at 16:56 #

I get your point :) because i am 170 cm and a couple of friends who have 160 cm tell me all the time “yes, you can wear this or that because you are so tall”
        lol

• ullis February 23, 2010 at 21:41 #

hm…5ft 6 is more tall than short…but yeah a person can be petite without being particularly short…even though I wouldnt say that someone who is 5 ft7 is petite, no matter their frame..

• justme February 23, 2010 at 17:50 #

Last time I checked 5’6 was short but let me stop lol.

• dressaddict February 23, 2010 at 19:05 #

Well, i guess you live in the Scandinavian countries, because in other part of Europe, where i live, 1,68 – 1,70 is not short at all. Add to that the height of a YSL shoes and you will be quite tall for a chick, i assure you…

• justme February 23, 2010 at 19:30 #

I live in France, I’m 1m74 and I (& others) consider myself normal, not particularly tall. Being under the 1m70 bar is being short imo. There’s nothing wrong with being small though, that’s just the way I see it.

• Vera February 23, 2010 at 20:14 #

She can’t be 168 cm tall.

It is impossible.

• Vera February 23, 2010 at 20:20 #

I can’t believe.

She’s same height as Keira, they are both on heels.

OMG.

• Fashion Critic February 23, 2010 at 20:45 #

link didn’t work

• dressaddict February 23, 2010 at 21:19 #

Carey, how tall are you ? :) :)
          But how tall is Shia LeBoeuf? They seem to have almost the same height.
          Tall or short, she’s a darling, I really like her style and ultra cute features!

14. juli February 23, 2010 at 16:30 #

she is 168 cm? wow, I thought she was much shorter, she does looks petite.

FC- was she polite and nice when you talk to her?

• Fashion Critic February 23, 2010 at 16:49 #

very polite.

She was so nice. I love her even more now.

15. DY February 23, 2010 at 17:04 #

I think this looks frumpy. Sorry.

16. rosie February 23, 2010 at 17:32 #

I don’t mind that she’s covered up on top but I would have loved to see her in a black mini, she would have been able to maintain a similar look only much more youthful

17. Vera February 23, 2010 at 20:17 #

She looks plain.

This snake-skin jacket is the wickest thing from The Row collection, I’m sorry.

18. Beatriz Duarte February 23, 2010 at 20:48 #

I rather like it, but unfortunally she looks so old for her age and the colours are too serious and dark. The skirt is a little too long, maybe if it was a mini she would have looked younger than she does… Even so, the jacket is beautiful and her hair, oh, so cute and simple.

19. Linda February 23, 2010 at 21:09 #

This is not my favourite look for C. Mulligan. Thumbs down because it’s too conservative and boring looking.

20. dressaddict February 23, 2010 at 21:57 #

Anyway, she doesn’t look old to me, she looks like going to office or for an interview for a job, but is still fine to me!

21. lauren February 23, 2010 at 23:43 #

i think the skirt a little shorter, jacket a little smaller and shoes with no ankle straps?? then i would say ‘me likey’ but right now im saying ‘me no likey’! congrats FC on doing such a great job at the baftas and elle awards! so jealous! xx

• Fashion Critic February 24, 2010 at 09:14 #