Runway To 2010 Elle Style Awards – Leona Lewis In Alexander McQueen

Best Black Award
Leona Lewis walked the red carpet at the 2010 Elle Style Awards wearing a black Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2009 dress with a keyhole detail.

Unlike Claudia Schiffer and Claire Danes, she opted to break up the black by adding nude heels and a dash of red to her lips.

Even though we’ve seen this look before on Leona at a book signing last October, I still really like the look.

On this occasion she adds more accessories to the look.

It feels like she’s got more attitude and it also feels like she’s in character.

I love the hat, but I may have lost the fingerless lace gloves.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Runway To 2010 Elle Style Awards – Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Christian Dior

Runway To 2010 Elle Style Awards – Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Christian Dior

18 Responses to Runway To 2010 Elle Style Awards – Leona Lewis In Alexander McQueen

1. robbie February 23, 2010 at 02:32 #

wow rupaul looks amazing, oh wait no thats leona *rolls eyes* she should just give up already. the hat and gloves is just too much she tried way too hard and its rather tragic.

2. Rock February 23, 2010 at 02:37 #

Robbie why are you so hateful towards her? Its like you were waiting for a post on her

• robbie February 23, 2010 at 03:19 #

because thats what i thought about her outfit, the fact she tries way too hard to be edgy and have a personality bugs me. but we all have our own opinions.

• kath February 23, 2010 at 04:10 #

I totally agree with Robbie

• shubby doo February 23, 2010 at 10:27 #

lol…was expecting some sort of tranny from croydon comment… i think the rupaul one is actually way too kind…

dont understand why she’s recycling this exact look…plus putting that thing on her head takes her so far away from french sophistication….it hurts my eyes *sighs*

3. stilettolover91 February 23, 2010 at 02:53 #

She looks like she’s going to a funeral……

4. Linda February 23, 2010 at 03:00 #

I really like this dress. Lose the gloves, big time. I think I like the hat. I don’t care for the neutral shoes with a black dress, at least not in this case.

5. mol February 23, 2010 at 03:14 #

I don’t feel that critical, I kinda like it all.

6. Jackie February 23, 2010 at 05:29 #

Her head looks like a peanut. The shoulders on her dress and hat makes her head look even smaller. And her stance makes her look about 2 feet tall. She needs to take some advice from Mrs. Beckham. Shame on her/her designer/both.

7. nicky February 23, 2010 at 08:31 #

i wouldve been liking this if it wasnt for the hat, gloves and length of the dress. i dont know what to say about leona’s style…its always a miss for me

8. Regine February 23, 2010 at 10:27 #

Haven’t she almost wore this dress?

9. SarahV February 23, 2010 at 10:37 #

I hate this!
    Stop trying so hard Leona…

10. Leo February 23, 2010 at 12:09 #

I kinda like it, but it does look like costume.

• Ally February 23, 2010 at 12:59 #

Yeah, the hat AND gloves take it into Cabaret territory. I just want to hand her a cane and let her start singing “The Money Song”. Take them both off and it would have been a winner; even with just the hat it would have been much less costumey.

11. Alfredo February 23, 2010 at 14:11 #

Wow this girl can’t win anyhow, if she does the same thing people will say “Oh How Boring” if she tries something new, “Oh She’s Fake”.

Personally I think she looks good, to upgrade the look I would change the shoes to something a bit more interesting,the nude heel isn’t doing much for her and replace the gloves with some bracelets. Her eyes and lips are stunning.

12. Matt February 23, 2010 at 18:00 #

Well she might as well have completed the look and walked with the cane. So edgy [/ssarcasm]

13. MEME February 25, 2010 at 18:13 #

Didn’t Leona Lewis wear this when she got punched in the face at that Book Signing????????…..