22.02.10

2010 BAFTAs – Gabourey Sidibe In Tadashi Shoji

Gabourey Sidibe walked the red carpet at the 2010 BAFTAs last night looking very confident.

When we asked her who was she wearing, she just smiled and waved.

We asked one of the PRs to chase her down the red carpet and ask her.

They told us she was wearing a custom-made Tadashi Shoji gown.

The gown is pretty, but I would’ve liked it more with long sleeves.

Credit: Wireimage

2010 BAFTAs - Claire Danes & Saoirse Ronan In Burberry

2010 BAFTAs – Claire Danes & Saoirse Ronan In Burberry

2010 BAFTAs - Edith Bowman In Willow

2010 BAFTAs – Edith Bowman In Willow

12 Responses to 2010 BAFTAs – Gabourey Sidibe In Tadashi Shoji

1. mol February 22, 2010 at 01:07 #

Agreed – long or even cap sleeves. She does have an infectious personality and comes across as very down to earth and confident.

2. Linda February 22, 2010 at 01:54 #

She looks good. The design and colour complement her skin tone and body.

3. Lala/S-R February 22, 2010 at 02:49 #

I admire her confidence! Longer sleeves would have been ideal though.

4. nicky February 22, 2010 at 09:38 #

i love this colour as well. she looks happy. i agree with the long sleeves though, she must have been freezing

5. robbie February 22, 2010 at 11:00 #

this is a really unflattering dress. love the colour on her skin though.

6. Pry February 22, 2010 at 12:59 #

I think she must have a great stylist. This dress is amazing.

7. biskachoo February 22, 2010 at 13:05 #

That’s her body, and she’s fabulous showing off her arms! No need to hide it with sleeves! Love her. :)

8. Matt February 22, 2010 at 18:53 #

She has more stage presence than that twilight girl, I love it.

9. Danielle February 23, 2010 at 02:47 #

I think she looks amazing but how she is posing is making the dress look unflatering!!!!!

10. Anthony February 25, 2010 at 16:41 #

It’s a pity that you only have one picture of this up and coming star,she’s walked at least 4 award shows around the world and I have seen her in at least 3 other colours,much like Queen Latifah or Jennifer Hudson no one was prepared for these larger than life women.Arms covered or not she’s confident in who she is,sadly the media and fashion world will try to diminish and force her into a smaller size rather than embracing her as another facet of womanhood that in reality exists,she looks great and is a beacon for all the younger women that are out here,maybe the fashion and media world need to start addressing their industries from a real place and open up doors rather than blocking them,they may well attract a new and exciting group of talented women rather than living in denial,lets live in hope that someone out there gets it.

• Fashion Critic February 25, 2010 at 16:55 #

Anthony. Be that as it may, but you have no idea the amount of horrible messages I have to delete when I do a post on her.

If I do post her I get horrible messages.

If I criticize her, I’m being horrible because of her weight.

If I don’t feature her, it again because of her weight.

It’s a NO win situation.

Personally I’ve only liked one thing she’s worn.

She doesn’t dress well regardless of her weight

It more a issue of lack of practice.

11. Charlotte March 1, 2010 at 01:06 #

I agree that long sleeves would have finished this dress perfectly as her arms are not her most flattering body part (as is the case for a lot of larger ladies…………me included!). The colour is amazing on her and I adore the feminine, glamourous split at the front of the gown.
    I agree Anthony, the media do love to shout down the bigger, curvier girls…………………..but what right do they have??? She has more talent in one chubby little finger than some of those actresses that are only famous for their ability to wear a dress with as much presence as the coathanger it fell off. Go Gabourey!!!