Runway To 2010 BAFTAs – Vera Farmiga In Marchesa

When I saw Harvey Weinstein at the 2010 BATFA’s tonight I was excited in the hope that Georgina Chapman would also walk the red carpet in one of her self designed Marchesa gowns.

She didn’t but Vera Farmiga did.

The “Up in the Air” actress opted for a white asymmetrical Marchesa Spring 2010 gown which had an origami shoulder detail and a black sash tied to the waist.

As hard as I tried I didn’t love this gown on Vera.

I do like it, but didn’t love it and I still can’t quite put my finger on why I didn’t love it.

Maybe it was the hair, maybe a pop of on her lips would’ve made all the difference, maybe I’m just asking for too much.

Her look was paired with Asprey jewels.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

2010 BAFTAs - Kate Winslet In Stella McCartney

2010 BAFTAs – Kate Winslet In Stella McCartney

Runway To 2010 BAFTAs - Rebecca Hall In Gianfranco Ferré

Runway To 2010 BAFTAs – Rebecca Hall In Gianfranco Ferré

15 Responses to Runway To 2010 BAFTAs – Vera Farmiga In Marchesa

1. Nikki February 21, 2010 at 23:29 #

Gorgeous gown, but first thing it made me think was “bridal” . It was a good thing there’s a black belt.

I think the color washes her out. Stark white is too harsh on her delicate coloring. I love the shoulder details though and she is a beautiful woman.

2. Thomas Monks February 21, 2010 at 23:31 #

this dress is to much for her and its sad cuz this was my fav piece of the spring 2010 line and the hair is wrong and the makeup us blah. Anne Hathaway should have worn this gown.

• Fashion Critic February 21, 2010 at 23:36 #

it was a bit too much for her, at some points she gathered it up and carried down the red carpet. Actually maybe that’s what put me off.

3. Talita February 21, 2010 at 23:32 #

For me it’s not perfect due to the color of the gown. I’m not a fan of black and white dresses… x

4. wilwarin February 21, 2010 at 23:33 #

this time i have to disagree with you FC, i think she looks amazing, this is kind of dreamy dress so i think dreamy make up is perfect for it…

5. mm February 21, 2010 at 23:48 #

I like the look, love the dress! But some red lip color was needed. She need a pop of color somewhere

6. Linda February 22, 2010 at 00:05 #

I think she looks good, but not stunning. Something is missing to make the look come alive.

7. mimi February 22, 2010 at 04:12 #

I love her look. I think she was one of the best dressed ladies of the night.

8. nicky February 22, 2010 at 09:43 #

i agree- too bridal.
    the dress is overwhelming her as well. she is gorgeous on the other hand!

9. Ally February 22, 2010 at 11:54 #

I think she looks gorg.

10. Mario February 22, 2010 at 13:40 #

Idk why but I really love this. I usually don’t love Marchesa gowns with updos and earrings on the red carpet cause they seem boring, but this is really gorgeous.
    The train is amazing. So is the top.

11. ~**juDee**~ February 22, 2010 at 16:19 #

Oh my gosh, when I was literally mesmerised by her beauty when she was being interviewed. two words: girl crush! i loooooved her look. i think its very pretty and ethereal

12. Sheena February 22, 2010 at 16:30 #

I love it! I think the hair and makeup are subtle and beautiful and it goes really well with the dress IMO.

13. ellen February 22, 2010 at 18:58 #

i loves it!

14. Ondo Lady March 3, 2010 at 20:45 #

I agree, the dress was stunning but just did not look good on Vera. At first I thought the dress was too young for her but when I think about it, I think it was her hair. Her hairstyle style was too frumpy for the dress. It looks amazing on the model though.