Runway To 2010 BAFTAs – Romola Garai In Erdem

“Atonement” actress Romola Garai walked the red carpet at the 2010 BAFTAs tonight as she was presenting the award for ‘Make Up and Hair’.

With her hair tightly pulled back she wore a strapless Erdem Fall 2009 sweetheart neckline mini dress.

For such a pretty winter floral dress, the shoes were very boring.

She was very honest on the red carpet when we asked her about her dress.

She said, “I wanted to wear British and I just saw it was like I want to have that, so if I wear it that might mean I might be able to have it.”

Smart girl.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

2010 BAFTAs - Anna Kendrick In Emilio Pucci

2010 BAFTAs – Anna Kendrick In Emilio Pucci

2010 BAFTAs - Tom Ford In Tom Ford

2010 BAFTAs – Tom Ford In Tom Ford

9 Responses to Runway To 2010 BAFTAs – Romola Garai In Erdem

1. robbie February 21, 2010 at 22:26 #

love the dress hate the rest, especially her hair.

• mm February 21, 2010 at 23:53 #

I agree, the vibrant colors captured me, but i dont like the rest of this look.

• Linda February 22, 2010 at 00:12 #

Yeah, that’s a good summary. I really like this dress with the blad runway tights and shoes.

2. wilwarin February 21, 2010 at 22:33 #

dress is adorable, shoes correct but this dress screams for red shoes or something more vivid…

3. Shelli February 21, 2010 at 22:56 #

Just watched her on Masterpiece Classics Emma…hope to see more of her. I drool over Erdem…wonderful colors

4. mol February 21, 2010 at 23:52 #

Such a cute dress, but the hair and shoes half kill it!

5. Louise February 22, 2010 at 08:34 #

I think she’s a great actress … loved her in I Capture the Castle.
    Anyway, this dress is fab, but I agree with other comments re. styling. The hair is a bit too prom for my liking, and the shoes are boring.

6. bettybrandenburg February 22, 2010 at 09:59 #

I thought she was the one of the best dressed ladies that night: she took a bit of a chance by wearing something fresh and colourful, with an edgy cut, which was age appropriate and she didn’t smother it by wearing too much jewelry. I think the shoes go very well with the dress, as they don’t take away from it – with a dress like that you don’t really need anything else… (moreover she looked like she could walk in her shoes which can’t be said for some of the others…)

7. ~**juDee**~ February 22, 2010 at 16:27 #

personally, i think the colours are a tad too bold. it makes me think of a washing machine when you’re doing your colour wash.
    i’m not really a fan of the length of the dress either and the way it looks against her skin. maybe it looked better in person but in the picture the ensemble doesn’t look so great imo