Runway To 2010 BAFTAs – Kristen Stewart In Chanel Couture

Kristen Stewart bolted up the 2010 BAFTAs red carpet so fast I only really got to see her from the side and the back.

From the look on her face you’d think she was wearing a smelly dress from a charity shop, not a stunning Chanel Spring 2009 Couture strapless dress with beautiful paillettes on the hem.

Yes it was cold and it rained at times, but throw your shoulders back, do something with that hair and smile for god sake.

Some of us would kill to wear a Chanel Couture dress. Do it some justice girl.

I may get hate mail from Kristen Stewart fans, but it is what it is.

Not good.

She should have swapped with Anna Kendrick.

Kristen’s dress was paired with ivory Roger Vivier shoes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Naomie Harris In Gucci - 2014 BAFTAs

Naomie Harris In Gucci – 2014 BAFTAs

2010 BAFTAs - Kristin Scott Thomas In Louis Vuitton

2010 BAFTAs – Kristin Scott Thomas In Louis Vuitton

53 Responses to Runway To 2010 BAFTAs – Kristen Stewart In Chanel Couture

1. juli February 21, 2010 at 23:58 #

I like Kristen, but I dont know why she looked so miserable. She also looked a bit chubby, but I think it was her horrible posture.

Sigh, sometimes its hard to defend her.

2. Linda February 22, 2010 at 00:01 #

Yeah, this is pretty bad. I wish she hadn’t modified it and I wish she had more confidence to stand up and smile, but I guess she is what she is. It is a nice dress and shoe.

3. eimear February 22, 2010 at 00:02 #

yeah your totally right! She seems like she has such a “couldnt be bothered” attitude, from her posture she could be wearing a bin bag. ugh.

4. Elly February 22, 2010 at 00:03 #

From the pictures I’ve seen so far, Bonnie Wright showed her how its done, absolutely knocked it out of the park. She could learn a lot from her,

5. mol February 22, 2010 at 00:05 #

I agree with Juli and Linda, but also, I am entertained by the idea of Anna Kendrick in this dress, that would have really worked!

6. mm February 22, 2010 at 00:07 #

I like kristen as actress but i really dont like seeing her on the red carpet. Maybe one day as she matures she find a way to show some confidence on the red carpet, until then i wish she would opt out of these events all together.

7. wilwarin February 22, 2010 at 00:09 #

well i almost started crying when i saw this picture.
    1. thing: she needs better pr managment… someone who will work on her public appearance: from body posture, face expression, ability to articualte answers and also better hairstylist… if hairstylist is good miracles can be done even with this kind of hair lenght…
    having said all this i’m really really sad that she ruined such a beautiful dress, it’s not rag, it’s chanel for god’s sake… but i must admit white does look great on her…

8. Christine February 22, 2010 at 00:10 #

It always bothers me how she slouches and looks so unhappy in 9/10 pictures. If she’s not loving that dress, I’ll take it and love it and be verrrrry happy!

9. Beatriz Duarte February 22, 2010 at 00:16 #

I do love Kristen as an actress an person, but couldn’t she a least seem like she isn’t going to chinese torture? The dress is beautiful, but she doesn’t make it justice.

10. Nikki February 22, 2010 at 00:18 #

I love Kristen Stewart but the dress is wrong for her. First, it doesn’t do anything for her at all, especially the silhouette of the dress. Second, it doesn’t suit her personality as she’s a bit more edgy. This dress it too feminine.

Her heels were ok and I would have added a bit more accessories. And she should smile…she’s a pretty girl.

I love her eye makeup, they make her eyes stand out.

11. easyBlake February 22, 2010 at 00:19 #

I think I may have snorted from laughing. And I always try to be so diplomatic with people’s fashion tastes and whatnot, but . . . she just looks so uncomfortable. lol. Plus, she just seems to have a “ah, screw it” attitude about her hair, when Hair Can Make All the Difference in an outfit.

12. Elise February 22, 2010 at 00:42 #

I’m sorry to say that but she looks awful in that dress. The dress is an amazing piece, but on her it looks terrible. her body looks so weird, her posture is (like always) awful.
    She should learn how to pose and smile.

13. Nugget5678 February 22, 2010 at 00:43 #

There are also pics of her smiling and looking good. Why are you always picking out ones, where she looks bad.

• Fashion Critic February 22, 2010 at 00:44 #

please send a full length picture of her smiling. As I couldn’t find a single one from the picture agencies I use

14. Lila H. February 22, 2010 at 00:43 #

She could at least try to look a little less miserable.. Some girls dream of wearing a Chanel HC piece, or even see one up close.

Several hundred hours were spent making that dress. Treat it with a little respect.

15. mari February 22, 2010 at 01:23 #

even when smiling, her posture is bad, and being a not tall girl, she cannot pull the look well.
    Gwyneth paltrow and who else? tom cruise’s wife also slouch a lot, but at least their height make the dress look not bad.
    Kristen is pretty, she just does not care, and it is a shame, she is already there and took the time to dress and all that.

16. FLAVOUR February 22, 2010 at 01:26 #

O MY GOD……SHE ALWAYS LOOK IN A BAD MOOD……POOR ROBERT !!!!!! SHE IS SOOOOOOOOOO BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

17. Thomas Monks February 22, 2010 at 03:56 #

I wish she had done something with her hair and learned some proper posture she always ruins amazing gowns and dresses because she always looks so uncomfortable

18. Annasaurus February 22, 2010 at 04:36 #

I like how you criticize Kristen every single time. And you’re not even subtle about the digs. She doesn’t have to smile all the freaking time, and she must be freezing in the UK. If you’re so jealous of her position and designer duds, I suggest you jump her next time.

• Fashion Critic February 22, 2010 at 12:06 #

Jealous. Are you serious?

Are we in middle school?

Why would I be so jealous of someone who is so uncomfortable in her own skin and miserable to be in her position?

Many people walked the red carpet in the same temperatures and SMILED.

I was on the red carpet longer than her and I was happy to be there had a smile the whole time.

I was also loaned a designer dress for the night so what do I have to be jealous of?

Next time please formulate a grown up response and not a “Bella Fan Club” response.

If you don’t like the site and what I say about her, why come back?

19. Mint February 22, 2010 at 06:35 #

What possessed the Chanel people to let Kristen wear this dress?! She should definitely have swapped with Anna Kendrick. Kristen absolutely ruined this dress for me. It’s a stunning piece of work, but with her awful posture, scruffy hair and obvious discomfort it’s turned into a friggin’ bin liner! There’s something about her figure that doesn’t work for this dress at all. It looks like it’s too high under the arms and too tight in the bust, and doesn’t do her any favours. Maybe if she had worn the little cape she could have got away with it, I don’t know, but THIS is just plain WRONG! *sobs quietly in a corner at the injustice*

20. Nitasha February 22, 2010 at 08:10 #

Pathetic attempt. Pathetic everything. Fail. She should get over herself! She chose to be in the public eye when she opted for an acting career so why does she always look so ungrateful and pissed off? Designers should stop sending her clothes as she ruins everything with her attitude. Most.overrated. actress.ever. She’s not edgy, she’s just unhappy. FC, why shouldn’t you call a spade a spade? Its a fashion blog, not a ‘Lets-fawn-over-Bella’ fanatic fan club!

• Fashion Critic February 22, 2010 at 11:58 #

thanks Nitasha.

21. Terry February 22, 2010 at 08:58 #

I agree with all the comments above of her looking unhappy and uncomfortable…but for some reason I like her. A lot. I think it’s because of her “I don’t care a….” attitude, or because she’s completely different from all the actresses of her generation. She looks like an outcast and I like it!

Her shoes are astounding!

22. T February 22, 2010 at 09:28 #

she doesnt come off as a person who wants to be an actress- even her acceptance speech was lacking – i dont like her at all

23. nicky February 22, 2010 at 09:41 #

who decided to put her in chanel? seriously! it wouldve looked 1000000x better on diane kruger or anna kendrick. kristen looks awkward and uncomfortable. her posture makes everything worst….the hair is also very lackluster.

24. Lizzie February 22, 2010 at 10:20 #

She always looks like she would rather be somewhere else which is a great shame as millions of girls would love to be in her position. I know she is getting a lot of exposure at the mo, because of Twilight, but this may not last – so she should stop the ungrateful, grumpy teenager act and make the most of it now!

I watched the Baftas and she was just as bad when she went to collect her award. You kinda wished it had gone to some one who would have appreciated it more.

• Fashion Critic February 22, 2010 at 11:41 #

I watched her acceptance speech and it was just so very painful to watch.

I think like someone said she should just skip these events until she regains some confidence.

25. robbie February 22, 2010 at 11:02 #

again with the posture, she is gonna end up with a serious back pain in the future if she doesnt sort that out. she could also frickin smile for once it wont kill her.

26. Mel February 22, 2010 at 11:39 #

Her “I dont’t like this industry” attitude is really annoying. As always she is a mess: her pose is riculous, her hair looks dirty, she is destroying a great dress and her makeup doesn’t match the dress. I really don’t like this girl in the red carpet and i think I’ll never do.

27. Angie February 22, 2010 at 12:23 #

Sorry Kristen, you are not Emma Watson to wear Chanel with classy!

28. Flutterbang February 22, 2010 at 12:58 #

Get out of the pot, Kristen, it’s not doing you any favours.

29. Dominika February 22, 2010 at 13:10 #

Ok, I can agree with you that she is not very confident about herself. I can agree with you, she does not do this beautiful dress any justice and about how bad her posture is.
    But I can not agree about her attitude.
    When she was posing or talking to the reporters she was cold and unhappy, but when she was talking to the fans and signing the pictures, she looked as she couldn’t be more happy. Her PR people or whoever they were, tried to hold the umbrella over her head (which she really didn’t care about as she brushed over her wet hair), they were puling her from the fans and even took the pen from her and still she was going back and back.
    Just to be straight – I am not in Bella funclub or anything like that. I just saw what she was doing and I think it was very sweet, so I am trying to defend her a litlle bit.

• Fashion Critic February 22, 2010 at 13:22 #

When I was watching the E coverage, when I face asked to take a picture with her I saw he roll her eyes before agreeing.

Sorry. I don’t get how people keep defending this girl. For me she has a very bad attitude and my opinion of her gets worse every time I see her.

30. Mea February 22, 2010 at 14:27 #

Let’s say the truth: some Kristen’s outfits are really good, but she always ruins them with her sad/upset face. She’s a beautiful girl, but it really seems that she can’t have fun on the red carpet. I’m naturally a girl with “shoulders down”, I don’t know how I can say, but when I’m in public I always try to have a better posture.

31. Lora February 22, 2010 at 14:32 #

Who styles her? Why do they continue to put her in girly girl dresses when she isn’t a girly girl? The best she’s looked is at that MTV awards in a dress and Converse. Not that she looked awesome but she looked comfortable (as comfortable as possible for her anyway). She didn’t look too bad in the Proenza Schouler jumper & skirt on the New Moon publicity trail too.
    Her face makes me so mad though, shes just clearly so ungreatful for the opportunity to wear these amazing designs.
    Also, I can’t believe she won the Rising Star award, especially when she was up against people with actual talent, all she does is play her awkward self in all her films.
    Oh, and, Bonnie Wright for Best Dressed.
    …Glad I got all that off my chest.

32. FF February 22, 2010 at 15:36 #

It is better when she’s smiling but – a moment of truth here – she is worse than Biel when it comes to killing clothes. At least Biel just makes them boring – so that you know someone else can wear it and the clothes will be redeemed – but Stewart just kills the clothes stone cold dead. It’s like, you can’t even resurrect some enthusiasm for them once she’s been in them.

She genuinely does look happier in pants. With that hair cut I don’t know why they didn’t get her to work a masculine look with a suit. Her stylist should just stop trying to iceskate uphill.

33. Fiona February 22, 2010 at 16:00 #

She seemed to have little respect for the couture dress she was wearing, and when she got up to accept her award some of the pailettes were hanging off the hem as she had damaged the dress – poor form. What a waste of Chanel!

34. ~**juDee**~ February 22, 2010 at 16:16 #

Oh Lord, stand up straight darling or don’t walk the red carpet at all. silly little girl

35. ~**juDee**~ February 22, 2010 at 16:36 #

stand up straight darling or don’t walk the red carpet. period

36. JoltOfDavid February 22, 2010 at 18:12 #

Miss Kallon, I completely agree with you on this one.
    She is simply ungrateful.

37. Alicia February 22, 2010 at 18:20 #

FC, you’re hilarious. And the criticism is valid – if she’s an actress, she should be able to pretend that she’s even mildly pleasant.

• Fashion Critic February 22, 2010 at 18:34 #

Riiiiight ;)

38. GossipLicious February 22, 2010 at 18:36 #

Is that a Chanel? Wow. She looks like somebody who trows on anything from her little sister’s closet in, -because it doesn’t even fits well-, spent the whole night partying and the next morning on the way home remembered to go for the bread, so at that precise moment the papparazzi catched her.

39. a February 22, 2010 at 19:34 #

wow her post often generate alot of comments.. i love kristen but this look is wrong :(
    the dress doesnt even fit her well..

40. shaun February 22, 2010 at 23:46 #

she always looks disgusting!!

41. Danielle February 23, 2010 at 02:48 #

I love her and she always wears amazing dresses but her presence make them look akward!!!!!!!!!

42. Yvette February 23, 2010 at 04:27 #

She honestly shouldn’t be allowed to wear the dresses she does to these events. All she does is kill how gorgeous they are.

43. coco February 23, 2010 at 11:48 #

poor fit and bad shoes….

44. claudia July 24, 2010 at 00:49 #

a kristen sem dúvida que já é uma referencia um icone da modA…
    LINDA