Runway To 2010 BAFTAs – Carey Mulligan In Vionnet

Carey Mulligan was the one person I was desperate to see on the 2010 BAFTAs red carpet tonight.

She was rushed to the top of the red carpet to ensure her picture was taken early, but when walked back down the carpet to talk to the media and fans.

Had I placed bets on her wearing Lanvin or Prada I would’ve lost my money, because she arrived wearing a stunning Vionnet Pre-Fall 2010 custom made gown with a black sash tied to the waist paired with YSL heels and Fred Leighton jewels.

She was easily one of my favourites of the night. Her gown was different, elegant and I can’t gush enough about her new do.

My only criticism was the print on the front of the gown. It kinda feels like a piece of material was wrapped around her waist.

I wish the floral print flowed more freely.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

2010 BAFTAs - Tom Ford In Tom Ford

2010 BAFTAs – Tom Ford In Tom Ford

2010 BAFTAs - Kate Winslet In Stella McCartney

2010 BAFTAs – Kate Winslet In Stella McCartney

16 Responses to Runway To 2010 BAFTAs – Carey Mulligan In Vionnet

1. wilwarin February 21, 2010 at 22:59 #

so far best dressed on the red carpet, and i think this shade of blonde is perfect on her :)

2. Jarrold February 21, 2010 at 22:59 #

I love this love She looks marvelous! The print is great and teh shoes work well. Loving the blonde on her as well.

3. Vera February 21, 2010 at 23:00 #

I’m in love with.

And many points to Carey for her love to Vionnet – the brand has just relaunched and she’s giving them a great support.

10 of 10.

But… I like her new haircolour, but I’m afarid it won’t let her to play with colourful pieces.

4. juli February 21, 2010 at 23:02 #

At first I was shocked by this dress, but it won me over. It was so diferent, oh how I want to see her style in 2010.

5. Nikki February 21, 2010 at 23:12 #

I’m glad that she wore something different tonight but I was a bit disappointed with this look. I think this gown just aged her, from the color/ print to the the style. I think this would be something I would expect from someone older, even my grandma. The hemline is interesting though, quite unique.

Congratulations to her on winning best actress.

• mm February 21, 2010 at 23:50 #

I agree with you. Interesting gown but it is too mature for her.

6. Sonja February 21, 2010 at 23:23 #

She is always a breath of fresh air on rc. Loving it!

7. Talita February 21, 2010 at 23:36 #

The dress is gorgeous, just think Carey should have a better posture, that hunch doesn’t suit her.

• easyBlake February 22, 2010 at 00:29 #

This. The model has a playful pose, the dress is pretty, she just needs to channel some of that energy!

8. mol February 21, 2010 at 23:43 #

She looks very pretty and interesting, so it feels true to her personality and it’s done in a way that she would feel comfortable – I love it!

9. Linda February 22, 2010 at 00:10 #

I like this a lot. The print is gorgeous and the dress is daring. 10 out of 10.

10. Naomi February 22, 2010 at 07:42 #

What an amazing dress!
    I do wish she’d have left the flowy fabric thingy at home, it seemed a bit out of place.
    I also think it would have been nice if she had a mustard colored accessory or shoes to match that one flower on the dress and put in some more color to her look.

11. LeeAnn February 22, 2010 at 09:11 #

The dress made her look very wide from the back-alsp shade of bonde is just wrong.

12. nicky February 22, 2010 at 09:46 #

i felt tht the dress was too mature for her. i also didnt like the different lengths in the front…looks weird. love her hair though

13. ioana February 22, 2010 at 12:30 #

OMG !!! the most beautiful dress I have ever seen!!! It’s STUNNING!!

14. pipsqueak February 24, 2010 at 03:28 #

It’s a beautiful gown, but not appropriate for Carey’s age, height or personality. I really like her as an actress. I think, with proper styling, she can be the contemporary Jean Seberg in “À bout de souffle” (Breathless).