Runway To The London Critics’ Circle Film Awards – Carey Mulligan In Nina Ricci

I knew my initial feelings towards Carey Mulligan’s new blonde ‘do was a shock reaction because I now love it.

So much so that I can’t even picture her hair colour before.

The actress walked the red carpet at “The London Critics’ Circle Film Awards” last night looking very elegant wearing a Nina Ricci Pre-Fall 2010 gown.

The black gown with an elasticated waist was accented with a floral detail on the shoulder.

I’ve been going back and forth with my feelings towards Carey’s red carpet style recently, but this look I really like.

It’s chic, elegant and for a refreshing change it’s not Prada.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Front Row @ New York Fashion Week

Front Row @ New York Fashion Week

Runway To "The Yellow Handkerchief" LA Premiere - Kristen Stewart In Azzaro

Runway To “The Yellow Handkerchief” LA Premiere – Kristen Stewart In Azzaro

11 Responses to Runway To The London Critics’ Circle Film Awards – Carey Mulligan In Nina Ricci

1. Linda February 19, 2010 at 18:00 #

This is a great look. I love the new hair too, it suits her so well. I saw her on the View and she looks more mature on camera than in photos and very attractive. She said she hates picking things to wear, but has people who help her. I love this on her.

2. Laura February 19, 2010 at 18:02 #

I love this blond SO MUCH, its looks much better and softer than her Oscar Luncheon hair. She is so brave to change her hair so close to the Oscars.

I am not crazy about the dress, but its very elegant and chic.

BTW she said that the reason she wears Prada so much is because she is very botton heavy and the Prada dresses fit her better. She doesnt wear short dresses because she thinks she has chubby legs.

3. Willa February 19, 2010 at 18:34 #

I just never really like anything she wears. I think it mostly has to do with the fact that he always looks slightly uncomfortable, no matter where she is or what she’s wearing.

4. juli February 19, 2010 at 19:01 #

The new hair is stunning, she is looking much younger. I love the dress and love her

5. mol February 19, 2010 at 19:20 #

I love this new direction and, IMO, the Nina Ricci dress is a perfect choice for her.

6. justme February 19, 2010 at 19:23 #

It’s the 1st time I think she looks good. The dress is gorgeous, the blonde actually goes with her crop and her makeup looks flawless. Finally I can feel the love lol.

7. mochababe73 February 20, 2010 at 04:43 #

This is a very pretty young lady. This dress just makes her look old.

8. Ankita February 20, 2010 at 07:49 #

something looks a little off to me, i love the dress, but i don’t how I feel it look on her,

9. Nikki February 20, 2010 at 09:58 #

Lovely!

This is the Carey Mulligan I wanna see on the Red Carpet. I hope she doesn’t disappoint at the BAFTAs and Oscars.

• Fashion Critic February 20, 2010 at 15:30 #

Let’s hope not. Fingers crosssed

10. Ksenia February 21, 2010 at 16:43 #

I wish she had a sliver chain belt. It is too shapeless. Definitely a silver chain belt!