19.02.10

Naeem Khan Fall 2010

Fall 2010 Fashion Week is my 3rd season and of all the shows I’ve attended, I’ve never seen a standing ovation were EVERYONE was on their feet.

This is what happened at the Naeem Khan Fall 2010 presentation yesterday – and it was well deserved.

Taylor Swift, Emily Blunt, Carrie Underwood and Beyonce Knowles are going to lose their minds like I did when they see this heavily embellished collection.

I loved the rock and roll feel of this collection from studded biker jackets, to the models punky hairstyles to the rock classic by AC/DC, Guns N’ Roses and the Rolling Stones which played in the background.

Some of the models were so heavily embellished it was more like they were wearing jewelry rather than stunning dresses.

My favourites were the long sleeved silver tunic dress and the lightly feathered gown.

This was most definitely my favourite presentation of fashion week.

Here’s the finale, which also includes Khan’s standing ovation and an interview with Brooke Shields who was gushing at how much she loved the presentation.

Credit: Style.com

Gwendoline Christie In Giles & Peter Pilotto -  Comic-Con 2014 & Entertainment Weekly's Annual Comic-Con Celebration

Gwendoline Christie In Giles & Peter Pilotto – Comic-Con 2014 & Entertainment Weekly’s Annual Comic-Con Celebration

Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti Fall 2010

Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti Fall 2010

12 Responses to Naeem Khan Fall 2010

1. Linda February 19, 2010 at 15:46 #

Wow, this is awesome! My favourite is the gold long sleeve with the circles all over it. Now, that’s a dress I would love to see someone rock at the Oscars!

2. gg February 19, 2010 at 15:58 #

overly ‘blingy’ for my taste.

• Marvel February 19, 2010 at 19:35 #

Same but Taylor Swift will go gaga for this collection

3. Ally February 19, 2010 at 15:59 #

Ooo so sparkly! These dresses are stunning, but I don’t even want to think about how much some of them weigh!

4. mm February 19, 2010 at 16:06 #

Like a cat i would be ready to pounce on everything shiny here. Awesome collection. The finale gown was one of my favorites. He deserved the standing ovation.

5. bettybrandenburg February 19, 2010 at 16:51 #

Very 80s (wrong the first time ’round….)

6. Rebecca February 19, 2010 at 17:25 #

It didn’t even occur to me to look at this collection when I was on Style.com, but after seeing this, I most definitely will. Can’t resist all that bling!

7. themouse February 19, 2010 at 23:15 #

love the collection- especially love the jewelry by ranjana khan- SO AMAZING!!!

8. shree February 20, 2010 at 13:27 #

this took my breath away. I’m not so fond of the hair and hardness of the look, but the clothes are stunning.

9. tai'tiana jackson February 20, 2010 at 21:34 #

I like this collection. I see that it takes its inspiration from the furs along with the trend of lights materials such as chiffon. My favorite look is the metallic red gown….It reminds me of lava….love it!

10. Namrata March 9, 2010 at 06:38 #

Isn’t he the brother of the famous Indian Designer “Äzeem Khan”…… his clothes are as stunning and awesome too…… i guess it runs in the family… wow

11. Erin September 6, 2010 at 01:53 #

This collection is GORGEOUS! Does anyone know where to find his vintage pieces? I’ve only been able to find a few online. This one on Etsy would be perfect, but it’s way too small for me: