Who Wore Marchesa Better? Diane Kruger or Georgina Chapman

Actress and red carpet heroine Diane Kruger first wore this asymmetrical Marchesa Resort 2010 dress in red to the “Inglourious Basterds” premiere in Sydney back in August of last year.

Diane never fails to wow me on the red carpet and this bright red mini dress suits her fair colourings so well.

She has paired this Marchesa dress with Christian Louboutin pumps and a House of Lavande Italian bracelet, which is all the accessorising this dress requires.

I would like to have seen her hair completely off her shoulders though as the having it swept sideways like this throws the look off balance.

Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman then wore this dress in black to the launch of the new designers floor at Saks back in September.

Georgina looks stunning as always and I love hows she’s teamed this LBD with purple peep toes and a similar coloured clutch.

Such a tough decision but I think this one goes to Georgina for a great choice of shoe and wearing her hair off her shoulders.

What do you think?

This dress is available to buy from Net-A-Porter.com

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Jessica Chastain In Mary Katrantzou - 'The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby' Ischia Global Film + Music Festival Premiere

Jessica Chastain In Mary Katrantzou – ‘The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby’ Ischia Global Film + Music Festival Premiere

Runway To “Shutter Island” New York Premiere – Michelle Williams In Lanvin

Runway To “Shutter Island” New York Premiere – Michelle Williams In Lanvin

9 Responses to Who Wore Marchesa Better? Diane Kruger or Georgina Chapman

1. Alfredo February 18, 2010 at 08:12 #

Agreed on Georgina, while I like that the color that Diane has shows off the folds of the dress, the longer length is better for this dress.

2. Rebecca February 18, 2010 at 08:16 #

I don’t think I can choose! I love how they both interpret this dress in different ways and totally own it.

3. Wheaty February 18, 2010 at 08:24 #

Both these women look very scarily thin and fragile. I can’t say either of them look stunningly beautiful in these photos.

4. Lora February 18, 2010 at 11:04 #

For such a cute design, don’t you think the shorter length and the brighter colour works better?

5. advo88 February 18, 2010 at 11:38 #

I voted for Diane because I think the red colour is stunning and suits her very well. I think her shoes and bags are fine, toned down for the dress which seems appropriate. I actually love Diane’s side-swept hair. I think it’s a beautiful hairdo for Diane and I don’t think it’s unbalance due to the asymmetric dress. Furthermore, I actually think the shorter length on Diane is better than the length on Georgina and even the model. The shorter length makes the dress seem more fun and flirty which fits Diane’s youth.

6. Leelah February 18, 2010 at 11:42 #

Weird how I can see so much more detail on the black dress. I don’t think anyone will ever wear Georgina’s designs as well as she does.

7. ImanLover February 18, 2010 at 14:01 #

Gosh…this one’s a toughie…I chose Georgina, but I think a mixture of both their looks would have been spot on.
    That colour of Diane’s would have been divine on G.

8. Linda February 18, 2010 at 15:30 #

They’re both knockouts, but G. wins for the length she chose and the shoes and clutch. Black is s great colour on her.

9. Katie February 19, 2010 at 14:04 #

I can’t believe Diane is so high up on the vote!!!, i think G wins hands down she is so classy and elegant