Runway To ‘Harper’s Bazaar’ Presentation – Leona Lewis In Stella McCartney

Oh no.

Leona Lewis attended the Harper’s Bazaar presentation held at the Casino de Madrid last night in Spain.

The first thing I that came to mind when I saw her was, “You can’t pull this off”. A line delivered by Christina Applegate to Jennifer Aniston in “Friends”.

The caped crusader wore a black Stella McCartney Pre-Fall 2010 dress, with tights and black pumps.

To complete the look she piled her hair high on her head and added bright pink lipstick.

From looking fabulous at the Brits, Leona does a complete 180.

Although I’m loving the change in direction from the predictable uninspiring gowns she used to wear, there’s nothing I like about this look.

She doesn’t even come close to pulling this off. As hard as she tried.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Who Wore Emilio Pucci Better? Constance Jablonski or Ciara

Who Wore Emilio Pucci Better? Constance Jablonski or Ciara

Runway To ‘Harper’s Bazaar’ Presentation – Nieves Alvarez In Juanjo Oliva

Runway To ‘Harper’s Bazaar’ Presentation – Nieves Alvarez In Juanjo Oliva

29 Responses to Runway To ‘Harper’s Bazaar’ Presentation – Leona Lewis In Stella McCartney

1. B February 18, 2010 at 17:28 #

I may be delirious here, but I think she is actually doing an alright job of it?! I know there are other people that could do it better..but still..I am on board with the dress. The hair..not so much. But I am loving the whole edged up thing going on here, and I could handle so much more of this sort of thing compared to seeing a waist belt again…

2. shevelle February 18, 2010 at 17:34 #

You know i have to disagree, i think she pulled this off! Hate the hair would have been better if it was less styled like a loose pony, but i think she is doing miles better in the style stakes and you have to give credit where credit is due!

• Dora February 18, 2010 at 17:56 #

I agree with you, she could have done sth else with her hair. But she pulled it off. Could have been so much worse.

3. mm February 18, 2010 at 17:36 #

I just dont like this dress. I dont think i would like it on anyone. “Cape Crusader”-hiliarious

4. Bego February 18, 2010 at 17:40 #

the only positive thing about this is that now we have Harper’s Bazaar in Spain! :D

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2010 at 17:55 #

lol :D

5. ullis February 18, 2010 at 17:41 #

The real problem is that the dress itself is blah, however, imo Leona pulls it off and looks the best you can do in that dress which is just awful!

6. Lara February 18, 2010 at 17:43 #

I actually like it on her! I would have lost the tights and done a different shoe, but I think it works otherwise! Not just because it is out of the box, for her…

7. Mario February 18, 2010 at 17:45 #

Actually I love the look, I just don’t think she should repeat this Rihanna copycat hair. Otherwise I think it looks very good.

8. Ally February 18, 2010 at 17:59 #

Pull the hair back in a ponytail instead, ditch the pink lipstick and tights, add interesting (but small) earrings and she would have looked just fine. So close, just styled wrong.

9. kate_ February 18, 2010 at 18:01 #

i don´t like it neither. But spanish model Nieves Álvarez was amazing!

10. Linda February 18, 2010 at 18:06 #

I agree with FC on this one. My first thought was also Oh no, and as I scrolled down it got worse. I think this is terrible all the way around.

11. Leo February 18, 2010 at 19:40 #

That tragic hair, the weird look on her face, the akward posing and that mess of a dress all together gives me the impression that this is a sci-fi bad girl halloween costume.

12. shree February 18, 2010 at 19:43 #

No….don’t like it. Do you think a corset belt would have improved it? ( Ha ha)

13. Matt February 18, 2010 at 20:30 #

I don’t know where to start, her makeup, her hair, her dress, those tights or her awkward social graces.

14. robbie February 18, 2010 at 20:42 #

seriously who the f*ck is she taking style advice from rupaul? yet another tranny gone wrong outfit and croydon facelift. god sake leona stop asking like your edgy cause your not, you just look like a drag queen.

she has strong facial features, like SJP so having her hair pulled back so tight is doing her no favours at all.

15. Jess February 18, 2010 at 22:45 #

aww I quite liked it actually. The hair/make-up and shoes all seem a bit off, but the dress itself if nice. I thought she looked like a butterfly when I first saw her in it.

16. Shoshanna February 18, 2010 at 23:16 #

She wears the dress really well. It’s just the hair.

17. chanel February 19, 2010 at 00:46 #

I think she looks great. i think she pulls of this dress very well. i think the model doesnt look good in it! the curves hit all the right plsces in the dress. look again and im sure ull change ur mind!

18. mochababe73 February 19, 2010 at 02:46 #

This butterfly dress is not working for me. Take off the wings and switch the fabric, and that would be one fabulous dress. Make it some colors, too. Also, it fits her well too.

19. shubby doo February 19, 2010 at 08:23 #

No…no…no… she does not look great…where to start…from the tights, to the hair…bloody hell the make up is simply wrong too …dark eyes + that lip colour = vamp. yet her expression is one of …blah…

this isn’t her…i think that’s the problem…she needs to evolve into something…x factor’s leona has been around for a while and she still needs a persona…
    I wonder if her stylist is the same one as rachel adedeji…because to me, this just screams rihanna wannabee

she should have asked for this to be modified….she should have lost the cape…heck to be honest she should just not have worn this

20. nicky February 19, 2010 at 10:42 #

i think this look was better than her previous. she should loose the cap and hair though!

21. Danika February 19, 2010 at 14:05 #

It’s not a total disaster, it’s just very boring. Bad hair, and the tights were not a good idea.

Has anyone else noticed that she really has a thing for that soft pink shade? Like her shoes last time, she almost always does a matte pale pink lip. Mix it up, Leona!

22. bettybrandenburg February 19, 2010 at 14:15 #

I think the dress is ugly, nothing she could do about that (except having a word with her stylist about why that was chosen in the first place).

23. Clancy from Dallas February 19, 2010 at 15:04 #

Love the dress but I would love to see it on Beyonce… is Leona Lewis trying to be the brit beyonce? next thing you know people are gonna be calling hear ‘lion-a’ hahhahahaha .. but i thank her for not keeping those damn bubble gum pink shoes on.. ugh. she’s so beautiful.. she needs to take style tips from ……………. ? alicia keys? classy? whatever.. better today than yesterday!

• Fashion Critic February 19, 2010 at 15:17 #

I think she’s confused on what direction to take.

24. eighty February 19, 2010 at 16:12 #

whoa – i think just the opposite. she was an utter mess at the Brits and this is MUCH better… not great, but better

25. FF February 20, 2010 at 13:56 #

Seems to be part of the ‘I’m wearing this dress because it looked good on someone else and if it looks good on me I’m not entirely convinced’ brigade – and it shows.

The trying to ‘edge’ it up just exaggerates the effect. Just find stuff she likes and then locate glamourous versions off but I wish people would stop trying to imitate looks their personality is in complete opposition to or devoid of.

26. Elizabeth Lee February 21, 2010 at 08:05 #

I also think she looks great. I hate the hair and lipstick, and I kind of think it lessens the effect; but the dress is cool and she looks so much better in it than the disgustingly thin model…