Runway To “Shutter Island” New York Premiere – Michelle Williams In Lanvin

Michelle Williams continues to promote her new movie “Shutter Island”.

This time she’s in New York.

At her Berlin premiere not many of you liked her Chanel look when I thought she look beautiful.

On this occasion this Lanvin Spring 2010 asymmetrical ivory dress with a ruffled neckline doesn’t work for me.

It washes her out, the hair and make-up are oh so very plain.

The runway shoes are so very unimaginative, plus I hate that they are black.

Aside from the physical attributes, she totally sucks the life out of this stunning dress which the model makes look so sexy.

Nil points on all fronts for Williams.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Miu Miu Resort 2015 Front Row

Miu Miu Resort 2015 Front Row

Runway To 2010 Brit Awards - Florence Welch In Zuhair Murad, Ashley Isham & Christian Dior

Runway To 2010 Brit Awards – Florence Welch In Zuhair Murad, Ashley Isham & Christian Dior

11 Responses to Runway To “Shutter Island” New York Premiere – Michelle Williams In Lanvin

1. Fella February 18, 2010 at 10:34 #

is it only me or did somebody else also notice a black and white (monochromatic) pattern michelle williams is folowing for the events for this movie…

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2010 at 12:43 #

Now you mention it, yes.

2. Ally February 18, 2010 at 12:49 #

I wish I could disagree with you b/c I normally think that Michelle looks adorable, but it is like she put no effort into wearing this dress. She might as well be wearing sweats.

3. Elise February 18, 2010 at 13:42 #

Again the dress looked amazing on the runway but boring on Michelle.

• Rebecca February 18, 2010 at 17:22 #

My exact thoughts :)

4. mochababe73 February 18, 2010 at 15:06 #

That’s because Michelle’s personality is boring. She is a complete and total yawn. I mean just look at the hair and make up. NO effort whatsoever.

The dress, however, is pretty.

5. Linda February 18, 2010 at 15:28 #

Some Lanvin dresses look sexy and inspired on the runway, but fizzle out in real life, and this is one of them. It looks like it doesn’t fit quite right or like the air was let out of it.

Comparing this pic to the runway pic, there is a huge difference in personality and sex appeal.

Another good example besides Michelle here is Julianne Moore in the tomato red dress at the Santa Barbara Film Festival, which again, is a great dress, but looked way to big on her and lost its structure.

6. evanthe February 18, 2010 at 15:29 #

you know what really puts me off? her slouched back. if she straightened her back, the dress could shine better.

• Vera February 18, 2010 at 17:41 #

Agree.

Secondly, I think she needs a good hairdresser and a cosmetologist – her hair and skin look too way tired. She really needs look after herself.

• Sharon February 18, 2010 at 21:11 #

I so agree, and it’s not just Michelle that’s guilty on this point. The runway models often look better not because they’re stick thin, but because they stand up straight.

7. Katie February 19, 2010 at 14:01 #

The dress is so beautiful ,but the colour really does drain Michelle