Runway To ‘Harper’s Bazaar’ Presentation – Nieves Alvarez In Juanjo Oliva

Model Nieves Alvarez arrived at the ‘Harper’s Bazaar’ presentation in Madrid looking gorgeous.

She walked the red carpet wearing a stunning red one-shouldered mini Juanjo Oliva’s Spring 2010 dress.

I love the fold over details which gives the dress exaggerated hips and a beautiful silhouette.

The dress is perfect for her and I love everything about this look excluding the….

You guys know the rest.

Credit: Vogue.es & Wireimage

28 Comments
Narciso Rodriguez Fall 2010

Narciso Rodriguez Fall 2010

Runway To 2010 Goya Awards - Veronica Sanchez In Elie Saab

Runway To 2010 Goya Awards – Veronica Sanchez In Elie Saab

28 Responses to Runway To ‘Harper’s Bazaar’ Presentation – Nieves Alvarez In Juanjo Oliva

1. Jennifer February 18, 2010 at 19:36 #

My jaw dropped looking at her… until I scrolled. And then my head mentally slammed on the breaks and wailed, in the most dramatic tone possible, “Whhhhyyyyy?!?!?!” Not aloud, because my students are taking a test and I’m sure would give me a strange look if I actually did that. But I almost did. Stupid, stupid tights ruining what otherwise was a flawless look.

• Dora February 18, 2010 at 20:54 #

Lol, I guess it is a good thing you didn’t say that aloud.
      And I totally agree with you, the tights ruin her whole look. It’s such a shame ’cause I love this dress.

2. Tania February 18, 2010 at 19:37 #

lol, she does look nice from the hips up.

3. iona February 18, 2010 at 19:42 #

hey FC, don’t u see some kind of resemblance to the one u fall in love in Cayetana Guillen Cuervo (spanish actress in some event u featured?)
    this designer is awesome!

glad u post some spanish events! even i miss ur whole review of the goyas like last year, some girls looked amazing!!

xoxo

iona.

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2010 at 19:50 #

I know I didn’t have the time to concentrate on it like last year because of fashion week.

Will try to add some more though

4. Sonia February 18, 2010 at 19:59 #

I actually think the tights are okay, since without them the dress would be incredibly short.
    The color looks amazing on her and I love the foldover detailing on the dress, keeps it from looking “ordinary”

5. J February 18, 2010 at 20:01 #

I usually agree that tights ruin everything – but this time I love the tights

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2010 at 20:15 #

*faints from the shock* ;)

6. GIANG February 18, 2010 at 20:04 #

I’ve been visiting this site for so long to the point where I looked at the picture and went “Oh no, she’s gonna get slammed for the bottom half.” Hahaha. On the dot as always.

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2010 at 20:14 #

You know me so well :)

7. Carolynn Spies February 18, 2010 at 20:21 #

I like the tights, too. They provide a nice contrast to the dress, which highlights the folds of the skirt. And her legs are so long and slim in those thights! She looks great!

• Beatriz Duarte February 18, 2010 at 21:19 #

Agreed!

8. hache February 18, 2010 at 20:27 #

the dress is perfect i love the colour

9. Linda February 18, 2010 at 20:39 #

Yeah, I actually don’t mind the tights here either because of the bold colour of the dress as well as the length.

10. robbie February 18, 2010 at 20:39 #

gorgeous dress but why? black tights, shoes and clutch. silver accessories would have looked much better.

11. Michal February 18, 2010 at 21:18 #

I love the tights. I don’t know what you have against them. For me, they add sophistication and they are a lot smarter then just bare legs! Tights are one of the funnest fashion accesories.

12. mol February 18, 2010 at 21:32 #

I too love the black tights here, they make the color of the dress really pop and look dramatic. I also like the black shoes, it’s all very sleek and supporting the emphasis on the dress. This could definitely be a BDOTW contender for me, but I know THAT will never happen!!!! (just teasing!)

13. maria February 18, 2010 at 22:25 #

Why??? It looks to heavy on the bottom. How could you possibly do that to that beautiful dress? That color is astounding.

14. Elly February 18, 2010 at 22:43 #

I like black tights with bright dresses, they give the dress a much better contrast than pasty skin.
    I think the colour of the dress pops out so much brighter next to the black than next to the model’s skin.
    I’m an advocate of tights, esp when not all of us have flawless unbruised legs….

• alex February 18, 2010 at 23:20 #

100% agree

15. mochababe73 February 19, 2010 at 02:44 #

A beautifully constructed dress ruined with ugly black tights. I don’t have flawless legs (cheerleading and basketball), but I won’t let that ruin such a pretty dress.

16. Alice February 19, 2010 at 04:00 #

I don’t usually have a huge issue with tights. But this really looks terrible. She would have looked amazing without it, too. Oh well, Spring is around the corner!

17. Dee February 19, 2010 at 05:12 #

I definitely looked at this and thought, beautiful dress, shame about the tights!

And I’m usually not anti-tights (like others have said) but this is not the right outfit for them.

18. Ksenia February 19, 2010 at 07:49 #

This dress is something unbelievable. I’m totally in love with it. But… omg, if she is a model how could she wear black!!! tights. They + clutch + shoes are killing me. It looks like they are from another place. I can’t understand, what is she hiding?
    An unforgivable mistake for a model.

19. Stuti February 19, 2010 at 11:09 #

Yikes! Such a stunning dress, and such a downer.

20. bettybrandenburg February 19, 2010 at 14:13 #

Love the tights. Fashion critic: what’s a girl supposed to do in the winter? Freeze her knobbly knees off??? It’s bad enough they’re not allowed to wear a coat as otherwise you and me wouldn’t be able to gawp at their dresses…. :-)

21. tai'tiana February 19, 2010 at 19:32 #

i personally love the tights with this look, i know how tights can ruin a look when paired with a mini dress, but for this look i think its hot!. the black tights add more drama to the the look without giving it a all over sexy look. i would rock it.

22. FF February 20, 2010 at 13:48 #

I think with her skin tone she could rock it either way but as it is the tights enhance the look with the contrasting colour. Not to mention that the black lengthen her already long legs doesn’t hurt.

This time it doesnt look like someone who couldn’t be bothered which is why it works. I like it!