18.02.10

Marchesa Fall 2010

Marchesa’s Fall 2010 collection as you would expect was mind-blowing.

I arrived just before Rachel Zoe who arrived with Brad, her husband and a film crew. I was trying to take a picture of a gown when her film guy bumped into me. Being the sweetie that she is, she apologized.

I was glad to see Rachel there because the off-the-shoulder white gown with the ruffled detail and black sash tied to the waist has Anne Hathaway’s name written all over it.

The presentation was an even mix of mini dresses for the likes Kristen Bell, tuxedo dresses which I think would look amazing on Blake Lively and Oscar worthy gowns.

The colour palette included blush, white, black, petrol blue, fuchsia and striking red.

Details on the dresses were exquisite from embroidered roses, cascading swirls and pleats.

Feathers were applied to many pieces for cute whimsical feel and the metallics shimmered.

March 7 can’t come soon enough.

Celebrity attendees included Melissa George and Kelly Rowland.

[nggallery id=348]

2010 Brit Awards Red Carpet

2010 Brit Awards Red Carpet

Who Wore Marchesa Better? Diane Kruger or Georgina Chapman

Who Wore Marchesa Better? Diane Kruger or Georgina Chapman

33 Responses to Marchesa Fall 2010

1. N February 18, 2010 at 01:34 #

AMAZING AS ALWAYS. LOVE EVERYTHING!

2. Kiana February 18, 2010 at 01:35 #

the black lace barely there top with the ruffled white skirt says Rihanna to me…

• Flutterbang February 18, 2010 at 09:33 #

Oh please god no. If that piece was worn by someone with class it could look sooo amazing

3. mochababe73 February 18, 2010 at 01:47 #

I have always loved Marchesa. Their garments are so girly and feminine. Some of us enjoy being girls and don’t need girly and edgy. Feminine and modern are more my style.
    Being a teacher is a noble profession, but I wish that I could afford one of anything that Marchesa has!

4. Elise February 18, 2010 at 01:54 #

I love Marchesa, everything is always just perfect, the dress are amazing but for me the collections always look the same.

5. Jennifer February 18, 2010 at 02:00 #

*sighs in happiness* Oh FC… thank you for bringing us all the beautiful looks of New York Fashion week, and in particular Marchesa… it’s so gorgeous and I can’t wait to see more. I love Georgina, I wonder which design she’s going to be the ambassador for first…

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2010 at 04:55 #

My pleasure.

I would have walked a 1000 miles for this collection

6. mol February 18, 2010 at 03:26 #

We could put Anne H. in dress #1 and really have some fun, no? Anyway, I’m glad to see that it’s not all rococo frills and fuss in this collection – there’s some pretty baroque bold in there as well with those big pinwheels of tulle (as in #1 and 4), and I personally adore the petrol blue one shoulder mini in tier 2 (4th over). Very entertaining, and p.s., I love the way you scroll down to the feet – the masochist in me likes watching for the models to subtly shift their weight to ease the pain of those shoes!!

7. candice February 18, 2010 at 03:31 #

ok, i’ve been trying to resist marchesa for a while now..not wanting to like them. but man…georgina has outdone herself with this collection. really loved the feminine textures..whimsical but wearable. i can’t wait to see the feathered renditions on the red carpet.

thanks C for this beautiful post.
    p.s. exciting u saw mrs. zoe as well! i die!!

CC

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2010 at 04:55 #

I love her too.

We have the same love for red carpet fashion

8. candice February 18, 2010 at 03:55 #

hmm the more i look atthis collection, the more i realize why i like it so much. many of these designs i’ve seen before in other designers’ work.

i see some chanel, alexander mcqueen, ben de lisi, lanvin..the list goes on..

CC

9. maria February 18, 2010 at 04:08 #

Everything looks lovely, but it all seems too familiar.

10. mm February 18, 2010 at 04:20 #

It is sickening how gorgeous everything looks. I am speechless, LOL, everything is so beautiful. The nude one shoulder gown with the bow will be on someone at the oscars, i just feel it.

11. naff February 18, 2010 at 04:39 #

I agree with Elise.. The pieces are beautiful but the collections always have the same theme what she had from previous collections. It feels like weve seen it over and over and right away we know that its the trademark of marchesa. i dont know, its pretty but i feel like it needs to change because for me it starts to look like a costume of a Figure Skater. do you guys agree?

• Leelah February 18, 2010 at 06:58 #

I totally agree, as much as I think it’s stunning, it’s too predictable. The designs are amazing though.. so I guess Marchesa has a style and sticks to it, and why wouldn’t you when everyone loves it.

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2010 at 12:46 #

that’s exactly how I feel about it. If it ain’t broke….

12. Alfredo February 18, 2010 at 05:34 #

I love the use of the pleated ruffles! Specially on that Black ball gown. The tuxedo dress as well, theres something about the delicacy/sheerness of the ruffles that really gets to me, such a wonderful effect.

13. Camilla February 18, 2010 at 06:58 #

I am with those who are all a little bored. While I appreciate the collection, the same details are being picked out. Do a Jason Wu on us please, Marchesa!

14. rach February 18, 2010 at 08:32 #

I can imagine Diane Kruger in everyone of them dresses, gorgeous!

15. ullis February 18, 2010 at 09:23 #

OhEmGee! Amazing collection.

16. Flutterbang February 18, 2010 at 09:36 #

I think one of my favourite parts of this collection is the adorned stockings – just gorgeous

17. Rita February 18, 2010 at 10:59 #

This is one of the most beutiful collection ever.I love it. I just keep wathing these gowns, I hope that we’re going to see these dresses in the oscars

18. Thomas Monks February 18, 2010 at 11:53 #

Marchesa is stunning as always but what happened to the handbag/clutch collection last season they were stunning and everyone used them on the red carpet i was sure id see more with this collection but no its sort of sad because i did really love their designs for them

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2010 at 12:42 #

I did wonder about that too.

19. robbie February 18, 2010 at 11:54 #

i love georgina and karen they create beautiful gowns but nothing looks new here, they just look like the same stuff they make every year. ruffles, feathers, sparkles, mesh, lace and huge corsage details.

i do love the louboutins with the mesh and crystals in your picture. oh FC i dont know how you could handle being in a room with such gorgeous shoes without being tempted to steal them from the model.

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2010 at 12:41 #

Ha…they were gorgeous shoes, although I felt a bit sorry for the models who had to stand still in them for 1 hour. The relief on their faces when they took them off at the end was priceless.

20. Tania February 18, 2010 at 12:41 #

Thanks F.C for this post the dresses are beautiful and you got to see Rachel Zoe I love her so happy for you x

21. Ally February 18, 2010 at 12:53 #

So jealous that you met Rachel and Brad, even if briefly! This collection is stunning and I’m sure we’ll see every piece on the runway. So tough to pick a favorite, but I really love the hot pink dress. That’s the kind of thing that Leighton Meester should be wearing.

22. sienna February 18, 2010 at 14:14 #

love this collectioion!
    the red dress and the blue/green short one are my favourites…but the whole collection is divine…the first fall 2010 collection i love

23. Shoshanna February 18, 2010 at 16:49 #

I really can’t share the same enthusiasm with everyone else. Marchesa is one of my least favourites because it just seems like a long line of pretty dresses, nothing more. There’s no coherence or themes. Why should someone be praised for over embellishing dresses and ripping off high end fashion designers?

24. Sharon February 18, 2010 at 21:42 #

What a beautiful collection. And I too thank you, FC, for focusing on some of the shoes. What a treat. Ann Hathaway in the white dress with black sash would be the reincarnation of Audrey Hepburn in “War & Peace” — wonderful. I will be looking at these pictures over and over and waiting to see some of the gowns on ‘real’ people..

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2010 at 22:56 #

the shoes were delicious

25. Jen February 19, 2010 at 00:32 #

I prefer the short feathered version of that white gown with the black sash. The long gown version looks too bedroom-ie.