17.02.10

Christian Cota Fall 2010

Christian Cota’s Fall 2010 presentation was inspired by Cubism.

He took organic forms disassembled them and puzzled them back together angle by angle.

This would explain the strong shapes and asymmetrical details on many of the pieces which gave them a futuristic feel.

Some of my favourite pieces were the ones with graphic prints and brush strokes, as well as the shimmering metallic looks.

Christian dresses many celebrities on the red carpet in his short and sassy numbers, and this time he added some floor-length numbers into the mix.

The legwear was by Hue and the shoes were by Aldo.

Anna Wintour was at the presentation for approximately 4 minutes.

I wonder if she was flattered by the Anna-esqe wigs the models were wearing.

Maybe not since they were grey.

Melissa George also in attendance and she was particularly taken by the silver laminated lace drape gown, which was open at the back.

I was fascinated by how Melissa tried to make eye contact with Anna.

Contact was not made.

In Courtney Love's Closet - Miu Miu Lurex Jeweled Shoulder Bag

In Courtney Love’s Closet – Miu Miu Lurex Jeweled Shoulder Bag

Runway To 2010 Brit Awards - Courtney Love In Miu Miu

Runway To 2010 Brit Awards – Courtney Love In Miu Miu

10 Responses to Christian Cota Fall 2010

1. mm February 17, 2010 at 17:03 #

I really like this collection. I believe we will see alot of these dresses, especially the minis on the red carpet.

2. leila February 17, 2010 at 17:53 #

I thought this was a beautiful collection and believe Christian is one of the best designers in the industry right now. Congratulations for a beautiful presentation.

• mol February 17, 2010 at 22:32 #

I agree – I loved this collection.

3. robbie February 17, 2010 at 18:12 #

i feel so sorry for these models, they just have to stand there and hope they dont fall over. did they move at all? i dont understand why he didnt just use mannequins. the collection is gorgeous i really hope some people will wear the pieces.

• Fashion Critic February 17, 2010 at 18:39 #

not an inch

• robbie February 17, 2010 at 20:04 #

wow even more credit to them, and people think modelling is easy work.

4. Char February 20, 2010 at 19:06 #

I thought the collection was beautiful. I think he’s a rising star!

Melissa George was in Vogue last year – so maybe she’s met Anna Wintour before, but who wouldn’t want to make eye contact?

One comment though and I hope you have the courage to allow it to be posted (i mean that’s the idea of comments, right). Love the blog, but why do you feel the need to make so many snipey comments about celebs. You do such a good job with your blog…but is it necessary to take it there?

• Fashion Critic February 20, 2010 at 19:50 #

How was that snipey?

I only wrote what I saw.

You say you “love the blog”, but then you criticize my style of writing which means you obviously don’t.

I’ve been writing in the same manner and sarcastic tone for 3 years now.

I’ve been really hard on Paris Hilton’s style and when I met her stylists this fashion week they told me they love my blog and understand that the comments made are said in jest and not to be taken seriously.

If they can see the funny side of things, why can’t you?

If anything THEY should be offended, but they get it, like most people who read this site do.

5. Char February 20, 2010 at 21:09 #

The reason I like the site is because you do a great job of posting the red carpet looks and the runway shots…as well as covering the magazine shoots. It is fascinating and you really seem to know every look.

It’s a bit weird for you to tell me that I don’t enjoy the blog, simply because of some of the comments…I think I could better judge my overall experience than you. And let’s hope that your sarcasm is not the sum total of what you think you have to offer as a blogger.

But, in my opinion (and that’s all it is), sarcastic is one thing and I get that it can add flavor, but snipey is another. And sometimes your comments are just that. Let’s remember that these ladies are people with feelings. And, sure their stylists may not care…it’s not their picture up there or the their breasts you are saying look saggy (ala Eva Amurri). Maybe just think to yourself…hmmm, would I say this about a friend or my sister, my mom…would you want to read that about yourself…it’s okay to humanize this a bit…as women, we don’t need to tear each other down in such a sarcastic way. You seem too smart for that. Why not keep things authoritive and constructive.

And the who wore it better stuff is just gossip rag stuff.

You seem to be at your best when you are constructive and balanced in your approach…that’s all I am saying. It’s up to you to take the feedback or not. All I was suggesting is that you don’t have to make it mean to be interesting. And you don’t have to get angry when a reader responds with a critical comment for you. I don’t see you writing comments defending these actresses when your readers post mean or critical things about them. And if you are bragging that Paris Hilton’s stylists weren’t offended by your comments, why are you offended by mine to you?

Anyway, thanks for responding.

• Fashion Critic February 21, 2010 at 10:38 #

Oh so you don’t like the WWIB? polls either and you still want to claim you love the site?

Lady at this at point the conversation between you and will stop, because it’s becoming ridiculous. And no I’m not offended by your comments, just tired by your contradictions.

Referring to Paris Hilton’s stylists wasn’t bragging just putting things into context and showing that you getting upset about “snipey” comments is ridiculous.