Runway To Allan Border Medal – Lara Bingle In Michelle Jank

This fashion week I’ve been introduced to many Australian designers like Michael Angel, Kit Willow and now I can add Michelle Jank to that list thanks to Lara Bingle.

The Cricket WAG arrived at the “Allan Border Medal” ceremony in Melbourne with fiancé Michael Clarke.

As usual she looked A-Friggin-Mazing wearing a very simple, but incredibly sexy white Michelle Jank Spring 2010 gown with padded shoulders.

The gown draped deliciously off her toned tanned figure.

Instead of wearing jewels, Lara opted for temporary Chanel tattoos of draping necklaces and multiple bracelets which we saw presented in the Spring 2010 collection.

Credit: Sergio Dionisio, Catwalking & Getty

Isabel Lucas In Christian Dior - Christian Dior Sydney Boutique Opening

Isabel Lucas In Christian Dior – Christian Dior Sydney Boutique Opening

Runway To "Food Inc." London Screening - Stella McCartney In Stella McCartney

Runway To “Food Inc.” London Screening – Stella McCartney In Stella McCartney

17 Responses to Runway To Allan Border Medal – Lara Bingle In Michelle Jank

1. Flutterbang February 16, 2010 at 19:30 #

Lara Bingle has your typical WAG rep here with scandal after scandal, so unfortunately I still can’t see her as anything but cheap.

2. juan February 16, 2010 at 20:12 #

very creative!, but the tan ruined the tattoos efect

3. perfumeorpoison February 16, 2010 at 20:37 #

I have to say, I don’t really like the tattoos. I mean it was a good idea to do something rather unusual but I dislike this idea in particular.

• Martin February 17, 2010 at 11:48 #

Yeah, I’m not sure about the tattoos either. I’m thinking that they were only intended for the runway (even though they are being stocked in Chanel boutiques in Australia from next month) – there’s a tack factor there that I’m just not comfortable with. I thought Chanel was supposed to be the last bastion of prestige and luxury?

4. Christy February 16, 2010 at 21:33 #

I love it when you feature our Aussie girls on your blog! Lara has copped a bit of a pasting in the Australian press for her Chanel tatts which I personally think looked great. She looked a mile above all the other wags at the event and it was a bonus that she’s broken her prada obsession :-)

• Fashion Critic February 16, 2010 at 21:43 #

I was shocked by no prada too.

• sydneycheapchic February 17, 2010 at 11:52 #

I have to agree.. i like that she’s finally supporting Australian Designers.

Although still not a Lara fan.. I think there are other Aussie girls that are just as likeable as they are beautiful

5. Ariel February 16, 2010 at 22:10 #

BDOTW contender?

6. danielezka February 17, 2010 at 02:09 #

in her the dress looks much cheaper. i don’t like it.

7. ben February 17, 2010 at 02:54 #

BDOTW please, someone took a chance and someone didn’t wear tights. this deserves recognition.

8. Julia February 17, 2010 at 05:05 #

Thanks for featuring this FC, glad you’re being introduced to Aussie designers! I love this dress but I’m a little undecided on the tattoos. I like that she dared to be different and I don’t mind the bracelets but I think she could’ve done without the necklace. Oh, and Michael was wearing a Prada suit so the obsession isn’t fully broken!

9. Piyusha February 17, 2010 at 08:05 #

Once again thanks for mentioning Lara in your lovely blog.I love Lara in thisdress.The dress was very simple still she turned heads cause of those tattoos.Amazing!!!!!!

10. Someone February 17, 2010 at 08:43 #

Fine feathers do not make fine birds in her case. No matter what she wears, she still looks like what she is – a suburban skank, trying to be someone else.

11. N February 17, 2010 at 08:56 #

i’m not sure if you know but christine centenera is lara’s stylist (she has been featured on this blog) and lara’s style has become edgy and amazing in the last 2 years because of her.

• Fashion Critic February 17, 2010 at 10:56 #

Yes, someone informed me of this a few months ago :)

12. T from Sydney February 17, 2010 at 11:45 #

she looks like kate bosworth here

13. Katie February 19, 2010 at 14:09 #

I think Lara looks far sexier than the model