16.02.10

82nd Academy Awards Nominee Luncheon – Carey Mulligan In Prada

Carey Mulligan attended the 82nd Academy Awards Nominee Luncheon in LA yesterday sporting a new crop and colour.

My immediate reaction was to hate it, but I’m guessing that’s from the shock.

I find it a bit strange and very risky to be switching things up so dramatically in the middle of awards season, but I guess with a crop which isn’t very versatile, a colour change was needed to keep her look fresh.

The ‘do might be new, but the designer is the same – Prada.

The LBD has a keyhole detail and a peplum at the waist which is becoming usual of her nice and nice style.

Black accessories complete the look along with bold red lips.

So how do you feel about Carey’s hair?

Love it or hate it?

Credit: Getty

Carey Mulligan In Alexander McQueen - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' New York Film Festival Premiere

Carey Mulligan In Alexander McQueen – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Runway To The London Critics' Circle Film Awards - Carey Mulligan In Nina Ricci

Runway To The London Critics’ Circle Film Awards – Carey Mulligan In Nina Ricci

29 Responses to 82nd Academy Awards Nominee Luncheon – Carey Mulligan In Prada

1. Dorian Gray February 16, 2010 at 10:15 #

I kinda love it.

2. Terry February 16, 2010 at 10:23 #

I love her pixie haircut and I think she changed hair colour for good.

3. ioana February 16, 2010 at 11:17 #

In my opinion, it’s definitely an upgrade…She’s so cute!

4. rania February 16, 2010 at 11:33 #

Honestly,i love it and she said it’s work in progress so it’s gonna be a different shade.She looks much,much better as a blonde.

5. LeeAnn February 16, 2010 at 12:03 #

Hate it-she looks wrong

6. Elise February 16, 2010 at 12:08 #

I hate her hair but the dress is nice

7. wilwarin February 16, 2010 at 12:18 #

she looks nice as blonde but i think different shade would be much much better,

• mol February 16, 2010 at 15:22 #

I agree, it needs tweaking.

• maria February 16, 2010 at 19:12 #

I agree, she’s horibble with this hair colour

8. Carrie February 16, 2010 at 12:28 #

I think it looks so much better, the brown made her look mousey.

9. Anna February 16, 2010 at 12:46 #

I hate it… Would love her back in her darker shade with rich reds going through to give it more life.

10. Ally February 16, 2010 at 12:58 #

I liked the red better :(.

11. Ally February 16, 2010 at 13:00 #

umm nooooooooooooooooooooo. That’s what I keep saying as I stare at the picture.

12. FF February 16, 2010 at 13:49 #

The only thing wrong with her hair is that the colour gives the illusion of an extended forehead. Maybe an either lighter or darker colour with a longer fringe?

It’s not like it sucks, though, just needs a little tweaking.

13. Laura February 16, 2010 at 13:54 #

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE THE NEW HAIR. in the interview she said that it was a work in progress, so she and her hair stylist will try to get the right color, but she looks much younger as blond. The brown hair was making her look old.

But she is so brave to change 3 weeks way from Oscar.

14. Danika February 16, 2010 at 14:04 #

Not a fan. I think it really washes her out and is just not a good colour for her at all.

15. Janet February 16, 2010 at 14:13 #

Definitely not an improvement, it’s a really odd yellow colour and rather brash for such a sweet looking girl; much chic-er in her natural brown and more audrey hepburn-esque.

16. mochababe73 February 16, 2010 at 14:29 #

The hair cut is cuter than the last one. The bangs were too heavy and long. I don’t like the color. It’s too yellow instead of blonde. But what do I know? I’m an black woman.
    Anyway, that’s a boring black dress. It’s too old-looking for her and looks as though it doesn’t fit.

17. Boeshane February 16, 2010 at 14:38 #

I new I remembered her from before her pixie haircut ! She played in a episode of Doctor Who ! She had long, wavy blond hair ! But it’s not surprising I didn’t reconised her, she looks so different with the pixie ‘do. Anyway, this blond made me remember it.

I definitively like the change. Not becaus it’s better than the red but, like you said, because it might be the only change one can do with this haircut. It’s a change and her look feels freshier, newer like that.

18. Chiara February 16, 2010 at 15:05 #

I think blonde can work out with the pixie cut, but maybe with an heavier smokey eye… Anyway this blonde is not very pretty , looks a little too yellowish to me. Michelle Williams did it right, so I still have faith for her.

19. ullis February 16, 2010 at 15:15 #

its an edgy haircut but she looks more prech in long hair!

The dress is pretty but it doesnt go well with the haircut..

20. Flutterbang February 16, 2010 at 15:36 #

Love love love it, she looks less cutesy-girly-girly. I think it makes her look more sophisticated too

21. P. February 16, 2010 at 16:25 #

It’s a BIG no no !!! Exclusion the hair, Carey looks great
    wearing Prada (so predictable), nice shoes, love her bold red lips. Actually, thinking better, her hair is a mixture of tasteless and laughable !!

22. Ksenia February 16, 2010 at 21:43 #

I don’t like the blond do’. I hate it when hair looked bottled- especially bottled blondes. Blond, for me, doesn’t work for Carey. She is far better as a brunette. I am also bored by this standard Carey Mulligan look. It is FAR too similar to her previous Prada looks and even her Bottega Veneta look. Her Thakoon dress was a hit because it was quite unexpected and fresh. Not the usual Carey.

23. Sharon February 17, 2010 at 01:20 #

I don’t think very short hair is good for Carey. She already has a young face, and the short blonde hair makes her look like a lovely baby doll. I think an ash blonde would look good on her, or a lighter brown than she had before. .

24. eighty February 17, 2010 at 05:55 #

i love it! and it’s rare that i even like it when hollywood chicks do the predictable get-skinny-and-go-blond routine.

lately, Mulligan can do no wrong!

25. Terry February 17, 2010 at 09:05 #

As for the accessories: she wore Prada criss-cross knot platform sandals and a Nina Ricci “Ondine” chain-strap clutch.

26. Livi February 19, 2010 at 15:24 #

When I first saw it, I thought “What are you doing to yourself Carey!?”. But then I saw her on The View and it looks really, really beautiful on her, so I am enjoying it now. It fits her perfectly.

27. Lou February 20, 2010 at 21:06 #

I hate it – I’ve always preferred her with long hair. Check out Bleak House – I know it’s a period drama but her hair looks soooo much better in this!!