Runway To Santa Barbara Film Festival – Julianne Moore In Lanvin

Actress Julianne Moore was at the Santa Barbara Film Festival recently, where she attended an event to accepted the Montecito Award.

The award was no doubt for services to acting, but the actress should also receive an award for her constant great style on the red carpet.

Lanvin continues to be one of Julianne’s favourite designers. The clothes seem to love her as much as she loves them.

You may remember Demi Moore tried a one-sleeved Lanvin look which didn’t go down to well, but Julianne pulls off her tomato red shorter version with relative easy.

I love how Moore is just not afraid of colour, be it green, pink or red.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Mia Wasikowska In Valentino - 'Maps To The Stars' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Mia Wasikowska In Valentino – ‘Maps To The Stars’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Runway To 2010 Goya Awards - Maribel Verdu In Nina Ricci

Runway To 2010 Goya Awards – Maribel Verdu In Nina Ricci

16 Responses to Runway To Santa Barbara Film Festival – Julianne Moore In Lanvin

1. Emma February 15, 2010 at 18:19 #

Love the color on her.

But the dress can’t be from spring 2919, ’cause that’s like 900 years from now.

2. Cátia S. Reis February 15, 2010 at 19:21 #

Julianne Moore is definitly on my top 5 when it comes to the way an actress should look whenever she hits the red carpet!

The Lanvin dress is so stunning!

Your blog is one of my daily reads! Love it!

• Fashion Critic February 15, 2010 at 20:50 #

thanks :)

3. Elise February 15, 2010 at 19:25 #

I hate the dress on Julianne, I nearly didn’t recognize it.
    It is a shame because that collection is just amazing, but all the celebrities who wore it ruined it.

4. Linda February 15, 2010 at 19:45 #

The colour is great on her, but the dress looks very different on the model. It looks all loose and bunchy on Julianne, and like there is way mor fabric. The design of the dress is lost on her. Where on the model it looks sexy, on her there is just a lot of fabric draping everyhwere. I find this with a lot of Lanvin dresses, that they look better on the runway.

• Lee-Shay February 16, 2010 at 08:03 #

I couldn’t agree more

5. mol February 15, 2010 at 20:03 #

I love the color, but the dress seems to hang on her – the right arm is just flopping down compared to the model’s, and I do like the shorter runway version – it’s also just kinda flopping at the waist on Julianne, overall, I think the draping genius and resulting directional dynamic of Lanvin is a little bit wrecked here.

6. shree February 15, 2010 at 23:05 #

She is refreshing with colour, but this dress looks like it’s wearing her. And the shoes are not a good look.

7. P. February 15, 2010 at 23:10 #

Julianne Moore + Lanvin = so predictable, so beautiful head to toe !!

8. Jen February 16, 2010 at 00:04 #

I think the sleeve is too long on Julianne, rendering it a little frumpy looking. the sleeve length on the model hangs better. Actually, the hem length on the runway works better, too: just above the knee.

9. Leo February 16, 2010 at 11:40 #

She looks incredible in this colour, and I love how she kept it simple. Amazing.

10. J February 16, 2010 at 11:47 #

I adore Julianne, but I have to insist she always seems to have a problem with fit. That dress should be tighter on her. Not a lot, just a tad bit and it would make a world of difference.

11. wilwarin February 16, 2010 at 12:33 #

i love julianne and this colours is great on her, but somehow she looks lost in this dress.

12. mochababe73 February 16, 2010 at 14:38 #

Another dress that I don’t like on the celebrity or the model. The color is beautiful, and Julianne is stunning as always. However, the dress just hangs there like it’s on a hanger at a department store.

13. Ksenia February 16, 2010 at 21:50 #

I wish Julianne would choose a new hip designer- one we’ve never heard of (like Cheryl Cole) and one we don’t expect from Julianne. Yves Saint Laurent, Calvin Klein, Balenciaga, Lanvin….fresh Julianne, my darling red-head.