14.02.10

Edition by Georges Chakra Fall 2010

I always look forward to Georges Chakra’s presentation during Fashion Week, as I expect many red carpet looks.

On this occasion the looks weren’t as dramatic as usual. It wasn’t until half way through the collection that I saw a single embellishment or sequin. So is Chakra toning down the drama?

No, because the last few gowns really had a lot of wow factor.

From the blood red gowns with thigh-high splits to the shimmering silver gowns with stunning star details cut into the back, high-end red carpet glamour is still Chakra’s focus.

I loved the back-to-front tuxedo dress, which was more sophisticated than the one Celine Dion wore the 1999 Oscars.

I’m not sure if it was because it was a Fall collection, but I was baffled by the tights paired with the thigh-high split gowns.

It wasn’t all about gowns. Cocktail dress, off-the-shoulder tops, lace pant suits and day dresses were presented in this collection.

Credit: Getty

Emmy Rossum In Carolina Herrera - 'Persol Magnificent Obsessions: 30 Stories Of Craftsmanship In Film' Opening

Emmy Rossum In Carolina Herrera – ‘Persol Magnificent Obsessions: 30 Stories Of Craftsmanship In Film’ Opening

Adam Fall 2010

Adam Fall 2010

10 Responses to Edition by Georges Chakra Fall 2010

1. ullis February 14, 2010 at 11:30 #

Stunning collection. Absolutely adore the red gown!
    Quite impressive and innovating backs to the dresses :) I like the last one a lot!

I hope ur enjoying urself!! :) I quite envy you for attending so many fashion shows, but u totally deserve it tho!

As they say, work hard, play hard.

• Fashion Critic February 14, 2010 at 11:42 #

that’s that saying I love by…yes hard work but i’m lovin it :)

2. wilwarin February 14, 2010 at 11:46 #

i absolutely adore the red dress… it’s really to die for.

• mm February 14, 2010 at 13:14 #

I so agree with you

3. Crazyfashionaddict February 14, 2010 at 11:55 #

I am not going to say what actually happened when I saw this collection , otherwise you will ban me from your site. That red dress was divine…I was just about to ask if you were having fun, and then I saw your response. I live in mid town,nyc for 6months of the year and the atmosphere is A-M-A-Z-I-N. Have a blast F.C you deserve it

• Fashion Critic February 14, 2010 at 12:24 #

LOL..now I want to know.

Truly having a blast even though I’m up at around 5am every morning. My body’s still on London time.

• Crazyfashionaddict February 14, 2010 at 19:47 #

Think Samantha ,sex and the city sitting on the patio looking at her neighbour taking a shower.

4. Symon February 14, 2010 at 15:02 #

I wish to see Beyoncé in that red gown !!!!! STUNNING ! but without the tights .

• kath February 15, 2010 at 01:17 #

I was thinking the red would be perfect on diane kruger at the oscars!

5. mol February 14, 2010 at 18:51 #

I read that Chakra was inspired in this collection by the painter Lucio Fontana, who is known for his slashed canvases which made me curious so I looked at more of the presentation and man, I really do like those gowns which have the slashes at the neckline area with netting in the opened panels; they are simple and dramatic and also, they, like many other of his gowns, look fab both coming and going, which i am starting to realize (duh, i’m slow!) is what really makes a red carpet gown memorable and stunning. I enjoyed this whole collection. Also, his use of fabrics was unique, as in some cocktail dresses made out of a double faced linen that was treated to look like a crinkled multicolored mosaic – I so envy you being able to see all those details up close as the photographs always flatten things out a bit.