Runway To “Valentines Day” London Premiere – Demi Moore In Marchesa

Demi Moore was in London last night with her husband Ashton Kutcher to promote new movie “Valentine’s Day”.

The stunning actress walked the red carpet wearing a Marchesa Spring 2010 dress.

She paired her black strapless dress which was decorated with white organza flower appliqués with black peep-toes heels and a Roger Vivier clutch.

I love the dress, especially the sequined embroidered floral details on the side of the dress, but I can’t get excited about it on Demi because of the feeling of de ja vu.

Black dress, black shoes, black clutch. It’s becoming a red carpet uniform.

I don’t hate this look, but I’m missing the wow factor from Demi.

You may remember that Kerry Washington wore the gown version of this dress last year.

[nggallery id=344]

Credit: Style.com, London Features & Getty

Runway To "Tuan Yuan" Premiere - Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann

Runway To “Tuan Yuan” Premiere – Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann

“Valentines Day” London Premiere – Jessica Alba In Prada

“Valentines Day” London Premiere – Jessica Alba In Prada

18 Responses to Runway To “Valentines Day” London Premiere – Demi Moore In Marchesa

1. robbie February 12, 2010 at 12:08 #

*yawn* she managed to make this gorgeous dress go from fab to drab. an up do would have been nicer and much more elegant.

2. Martin February 12, 2010 at 12:13 #

This feels done to me as well. The appeal of Marchesa is wearing off for me personally – I can’t remember the last time I saw one of their gowns on the red carpet and exclaimed “Wow!” There’s a certain sameness about them all.

• Linda February 12, 2010 at 12:32 #

That’s exactly how I feel about them, the sameness. Also, Demi’s hair is always the same and she’s just boring.

3. Terry February 12, 2010 at 12:22 #

Her fabulous clutch is by Roger Vivier.

• Fashion Critic February 12, 2010 at 12:26 #

thanks I forgot to add that :)

4. robbie February 12, 2010 at 12:33 #

found out who her shoes are by, salvatore ferragamo.

5. Elise February 12, 2010 at 12:35 #

She is so beautiful, but I don’t really like the dress.
    and there is too much black on that look

6. Ally February 12, 2010 at 12:48 #

The gown version is a thousand times better. But how cute is Aston in his coat and scarf. Lucky boys getting to bundle up and still look cute.

7. Harris February 12, 2010 at 13:11 #

i’m soooo bored by her hair.

• rosie February 12, 2010 at 15:33 #

I know! She would look so fresh and chic with an angled bob just above the shoulders…show off that beautiful face!!

8. molly February 12, 2010 at 13:45 #

The gown IS a thousand times better. I didn’t even recognize it as the same style. The white “flowers” look more coherent cascading down the gown. To me, this version looks like they’re just kind of stuck on in random places – like the dress was too boring so they pinned these on at the last minute. Too bad because the structure of the dress is truly beautiful. As is Demi, of course. And totally right about the unfairness – look at how Ashton is dressed versus Demi out there with nothing on top, nothing on legs – these ladies must be profoundly miserable out there. Add in the stilettos and clearly this red carpet thing is an occupational hazard, not any fun!

9. LeeAnn February 12, 2010 at 14:54 #

I’m sorry but to me this dress looks like people threw used tissues at her and they stuck.

10. bettybrandenburg February 12, 2010 at 15:34 #

Origami gone horribly wrong…

11. Jess February 12, 2010 at 16:05 #

looks too much like discarded tissues on her dress. the gown was executed far better

12. mochababe73 February 12, 2010 at 16:14 #

I’ll have to be in the minority on this one. That dress is ugly. I don’t like it on the model or on Demi. I am hoping that RZ didn’t pick it out. If she did, maybe she should bring Tay-Tay back because the other two are failing miserably.

• RBB December 16, 2010 at 10:51 #

It wasn’t RZ herself that pulled the look, but an intern and an assistant from her team. They’re fairly inexperienced and as Rachel was in NY stressed over some fashion show, I don’t think she would have had the time or energy to give them any guidance on the look. That being said Demi surely has some say in what she wears and could have done something nicer with the other options the RZ team pulled for her.

13. P. February 12, 2010 at 17:40 #

I really like the dress and her on dress, I actually prefer the dress than gown. *sighs* The real problem is her shoes .*cry* Why Demi ? Always black pumps, black peep toes, black clutch too. I’m tired of her hair also, sounds a bit messy. Like on the post: It’s becoming a red carpet uniform.

cross your finger: pickups – coming soon !

14. Ksenia February 14, 2010 at 21:43 #

Demi wears BLACK BLACK BLACK. It ages her. That is the last thing she needs. You were so right about Demi losing her wow factor. Blakc clutch and shoes, Demi get over black.