Runway To 13th Annual Rising Star Awards – Nina Garcia In Oscar de la Renta

Do you think Nina Garcia has been taking “Red Carpet Posing 101″ lessons from Blake Lively. Because this head tilt pose is Blake’s trademark.

At the recent “13th Annual Rising Star Awards” held in New York the Marie Claire Fashion Director walked the red carpet wearing an Oscar de la Renta Resort 2010 dress.

The navy tulle tweed shantung dress was paired with a different belt to the one presented on the runway.

It’s a great look for Nina, but I just can’t accept those Louboutin ankle boots with this dress.

Oscar’s dresses should never be paired with ankle boots imo.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To Fashion Dinnner For Aids - Natalia Vodianova In Louis Vuitton

Runway To Fashion Dinnner For Aids – Natalia Vodianova In Louis Vuitton

Runway To "Tuan Yuan" Premiere - Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann

Runway To “Tuan Yuan” Premiere – Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann

7 Responses to Runway To 13th Annual Rising Star Awards – Nina Garcia In Oscar de la Renta

1. robbie February 12, 2010 at 12:06 #

this is jaw droppingly bad. ankle boots with such a gorgeous dress. oh hell no come on people strappy sandals would have been much better and more elegant!

2. Linda February 12, 2010 at 12:37 #

Yeah, that pose has got to go for a woman of her age. You can forgive Blake Lively bc she’s youthful and it seems to works for her. I can’t believe a fashion director would put ankle boots with a beautiful dress like that.

3. Ally February 12, 2010 at 12:55 #

LOL. The first thing I thought when this picture came up was “Why is Queen Garcia standing just like Blake Lively?” Love the dress, HATE the shoes.

4. Kimmy February 12, 2010 at 15:38 #

Oscar de la Renta is one of my favorite designers and I agree with you, that ankle boots should not be worn together with his dresses. De la Renta knows a woman’s body so well, and makes dresses that celebrates that femininity. And his dresses deserves to be paired with shoes that compliment that aura.

5. P. February 12, 2010 at 17:50 #

Who would have though powerful Nina Garcia looking bad?
    Oh, I really HATE those ankle boots!

Be careful Anna Wintour, Nina is coming close

6. MJ February 12, 2010 at 20:22 #

Can’t we do something about ankle boots, period? I think they almost never look right. I would lose nothing by starting a boycott. Join me, please.

• Fashion Critic February 12, 2010 at 21:29 #

I will be your co-founding member