Who Wore Thakoon Better? Hilary Rhoda or Iman

Hilary Rhoda first wore this Thakoon Fall 2009 asymetrical mini dress back in May of 2009 to “The Model As Muse: Embodying Faashion” Costume Institiute Gala at the Metropolitan Musuem of Art in New York.

Hilary has chosen to wear this dress in a light gold colour, which I love.

I also love how she has hardened this look by wearing a heavy necklace and peep toe ankle boots.

The ever beautiful Iman then wore this dress in black in October 2009 to the “Keep A Child Alive” Black Ball in New York.

I think that this might rock the style boat a bit but I’m just not loving Iman in this dress.

Her hair and make up is flawless as usual but the tights and plain black pumps put me off.

I’m not sure how many of you will agree but, for me, Hilary wins this one hands down.

What do you think?

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To 2010 The Maxim Party - Lauren Bosworth In Alexander Wang

Runway To 2010 The Maxim Party – Lauren Bosworth In Alexander Wang

New On Net-A-Porter.com Today

New On Net-A-Porter.com Today

14 Responses to Who Wore Thakoon Better? Hilary Rhoda or Iman

1. Teleholic February 10, 2010 at 07:07 #

I like the darker dress on Iman but I agree that Hilary wore this dress much better. The only thing I would’ve changed would be the necklace, it feels a little heavy. For Iman, the tights kill the look.

2. mette February 10, 2010 at 07:38 #

Mainly because of the shoe choice Hilary wins for me

3. Kathleen February 10, 2010 at 08:51 #

Close call. Don’t like Iman’s tights or shoes, but no way I could give it to Hilary as I think the necklace kills the look stone dead. So unneccessary. It’s such a shame because both women wear this dress with such confidence – and look stunning apart from their poor accessory choices. Love Hilary’s shoes though! Keep it simple ladies :)

4. easyBlake February 10, 2010 at 09:17 #

Tights as a trend don’t bother me, but Iman’s shoes are uninspiring. However, I prefer the darker color & I like that the skirt changes directions from the bodice, like the runway version. Iman for me.

• mol February 10, 2010 at 18:26 #

I agree with your comment about the skirt changing direction from the bodice, on Hilary the outfit just lays flat. So even though I don’t like the tights or shoes, it’s Iman for me.

5. robbie February 10, 2010 at 11:21 #

hilary although if iman didnt have the tights she would have won it hands down!

6. mandy February 10, 2010 at 11:56 #

Iman’s lame heels and tights ruined it for me.

7. Matt February 10, 2010 at 12:42 #

Iman wins for me despite the tights and clunky heels. She wears the dress with the attitude it desires.

8. k February 10, 2010 at 14:14 #

I was ready to debate until I saw the final picture of Jourdan Dunn wearing it on the runway. She’s my favorite model so I give her the slight edge! But between Hilary and Iman, I don’t like Hilary’s necklace as much as you, so I give it to Iman.

9. mochababe73 February 10, 2010 at 14:44 #

Iman looks stunning. Her shoes and everything else is simple so that fabulous dress can take center stage.
    That Hilary person is over-accessorized-the shoes and necklace are too much with that dress. And what is going on with the pouf at the top?
    Iman for me-simply class and elegance.

10. Joëlle February 10, 2010 at 14:54 #

Hilary wins this for me, mostly because of her shoe choice

11. rosie February 10, 2010 at 16:42 #

I’m so indecisive usually but Hilary was the clear winner for me, more dimension and pleasing color palette

12. Sara February 11, 2010 at 23:48 #

Ya, the black tights ruined it for me as well. Plus, i love gold :)

13. Ksenia February 15, 2010 at 00:02 #

I love both versions but Iman dam’n tights kill any chances for beating Hilary. Hilary is so well-dressed and poised that she just owns her perfectly complementing dress. Stunning. Sorry my dear Iman.