I’m all about the glamour on the red carpet as you know, but I can fully appreciate Chloe Sevigny’s bed hair and “I just threw this on” style.

Last night at the “How to Make it in America” New York screening her look was still in tune with her usual style, but nice and neat.

With touch of pink to her lips and thick black tights the blonde actress wore a Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2010 dress with embroidered details which gave it plenty of texture.

I just love the neckline on this dress which she paired with Proenza Schouler wedged booties, a wrap belt, and a Proenza Schouler croc PS1 clutch.

I really love this laid back look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Saoirse Ronan In Proenza Schouler - 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' New York Premiere

Saoirse Ronan In Proenza Schouler – ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ New York Premiere

Runway To amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2010 Fashion Week - Cyndi Lauper In Alexander McQueen

Runway To amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2010 Fashion Week – Cyndi Lauper In Alexander McQueen

11 Responses to “How to Make it in America” New York Screening – Chloe Sevigny In Proenza Schouler

1. Shoshanna February 10, 2010 at 18:01 #

I really like it, but I prefer her ‘out there’ looks, haha.

2. P. February 10, 2010 at 18:03 #

Nice look, not sure about those awkward wedged booties, but on Chloe works !!

• Fashion Critic February 10, 2010 at 18:13 #

It always does. She has an incredible knack of making things work.

3. mol February 10, 2010 at 18:06 #

I share your love for this look too F.C., but then I’ve always loved Chloe’s cool look!

4. Lily February 10, 2010 at 19:57 #

She is so cuter with this shorter hair. Very neat! I am loving the look too

5. dressaddict February 10, 2010 at 21:31 #

I like her here, I kind of always like her :) , but I don’t like the way she poses

6. ben February 11, 2010 at 00:25 #

i looove her new haircut, she looks so much younger.
    and it looks like you’ve finally jumped on the chloe bandwagon FC, all it took was some Lacroix and Valentino!

• Fashion Critic February 11, 2010 at 00:45 #

oh no…if I am on the bandwagon it’s only with one foot. I can jump off at any time :)

7. mochababe73 February 11, 2010 at 01:04 #

This is a little “safe” for Chloe. It’s a normal, pretty dress. She’s always so avant garde and different on the red carpet.

8. jill February 11, 2010 at 11:20 #

That’s funny, FC, I thought I was the only one who didn’t get it about Chloe! Altho she does have a good knack for spotting talent (I do get it about Proenze Schoulder). I think for me it’s something about her eyes: they always look hard to me. I gather she’s really nice to the people she likes, but – as a stranger – I simply don’t get it.
    You can’t fail with that dress, & she’s got the accessories down pat.. maybe it’s because she was shot by someone tall, the just looks top-heavy. I like the model better in it, IMHO.
    jCx (polkadot23)

9. Ksenia February 14, 2010 at 23:55 #

I am actually bored. Grey isn’t my favorite on Chloe. Nor are tights.