Runway To “Valentine’s Day” LA Premiere – Jessica Alba In Proenza Schouler

I guess someone had to do ‘edgy’ thing on the red carpet at the “Valentine’s Day” LA premiere, and that fell to Jessica Alba.

Unfortunately – yet again – her hair lets her down.

In an attempt to make it look less mumsy, she gave it the wet look treatment which looks like she ran out of time and opted to towel dry her hair.

The sad thing is I really love her Proenza Schouler sequined and feathered mini dress from the Spring 2010.

It’s so interesting with it’s green feathers, intricate bead work plus the chain and blue rhinestone embellishments.

The dress which comes with a black tank top also has an added feather like detail on the shoulder.

From the neck down this is a winning look. I also love her Marc Jacobs Resort 2010 heels which were a perfect choice with this dress.

[nggallery id=333]

Credit: Style.com, Bauer Griffin & Wireimage

Runway To "Valentine's Day" LA Premiere - Jessica Biel In Oscar de la Renta

Runway To “Valentine’s Day” LA Premiere – Jessica Biel In Oscar de la Renta

Runway To “Valentine’s Day” LA Premiere – Jennifer Garner In Valentino

Runway To “Valentine’s Day” LA Premiere – Jennifer Garner In Valentino

20 Responses to Runway To “Valentine’s Day” LA Premiere – Jessica Alba In Proenza Schouler

1. Linda February 9, 2010 at 13:04 #

This is an awesome dress. I love it! The shoes are so perfect with it too. The more I see the hair in these pics, the less bad it is, but I still don’t get it.

2. robbie February 9, 2010 at 13:13 #

i agree with you from the neck down its a winner.

i just hope that her hair is for a role and not something she actually wanted.

3. Ksenia February 9, 2010 at 13:19 #

God, Jessica looks so pretty. This dress is gorgeous. And she choose right heels and accessories. I even like her hair. Yes, it’s not perfect but not a total mess.
    Btw, make up is flawless.

4. Michael February 9, 2010 at 13:36 #

Hey– The heels are from the current Marc Jacobs resort collection

• Fashion Critic February 9, 2010 at 13:39 #

thanks Michael.

5. Lee-Shay February 9, 2010 at 13:37 #

She looks fabulous! I think this is BDOTW worthy…

6. FF February 9, 2010 at 13:51 #

The hair isn’t great but it’s not that bad. I think she should decide whether to go shorter or grow it out but this in-between length is hard to work without aging your look 10 years.

Great everywhere else though!

7. Jennifer February 9, 2010 at 13:52 #

Like Anne’s shoes, Jessica’s hair really bugs me. Really, really bugs me, when I think she got the color scheme of everything – makeup, dress, shoes – spot on. Why is everyone slightly off at this premier for me? Anne and her shoes, Jessica and her hair…. actually, both Jessica’s and their hair. Hair stylists should be looking for new jobs, but I doubt either of actress reads this blog and would actually fire them.

8. nicky February 9, 2010 at 13:55 #

her hair definitely lets her down. i wish she pulled it back. otherwise, i really love this look. the heels are perfect as you said

9. HM February 9, 2010 at 14:01 #

Is there a new Scooby Doo film in the making, because that’s what her hair looks like?

10. Kimmy February 9, 2010 at 14:02 #

Neck down is a winner and those shoes are gorgeous!

11. Danika February 9, 2010 at 14:12 #

This dress deserved so much better than that hair! It’s really really bad. Plus her make up is very blah. She’s got such a lovely zingy colour on her nails, why couldn’t she mirror that on her lips? From the neck down it’s a great look, but her hair is so bad I can’t tell if this should be on the BDOTW poll.

12. mochababe73 February 9, 2010 at 14:25 #

The dress is pretty, and Jessica definitely looks good in it. I agree aobut the hair. Not her best look.

13. k February 9, 2010 at 14:27 #

I don’t hate the hair at all, I think it works. I agree with Ksenia! (though I admit to a little fan bias, of course.)

14. Leo February 9, 2010 at 16:27 #

Great accessories, love those bangles\bracelets. The dress looks amazing on her, it’s interesting and makes her stand out.

15. Alyazia February 9, 2010 at 16:33 #

Jessica always manages to pull off the tough looks on the red capet, and today wasnt an exception but the HAIR, oh my!! whyyy jessica!!

16. mol February 9, 2010 at 17:34 #

Humm, this look is spectacular, so it pains me to say the hair falls short of that – everything else is so good, especially the color.

17. mari February 9, 2010 at 17:43 #

the dress details and fabric sure look fabulous! Love the color.
    her heir length is a pain. she looks a bit informal, just as some of the other costars. She looks good and her dress is great, I wish she didn’t have posed with her hands like that, to show her dress more, maybe a diff picture

18. Ana February 9, 2010 at 21:01 #

I think she doesn’t look really good after she gave birth her baby, she look too thing and every dress she wears look like 3 sizes more.

19. Kel February 9, 2010 at 21:28 #

I love the hair!

Has a casual element to it that only someone that gorgeous can pull off on the red carpet.
    We’ve all seen her with perfect hair, this less ‘done’ look is an endearing change, like anti pretention – says someone who’s not really an Alba fan.
    The loose dress and hair length remind me slightly of a vintage flapper look.
    Great red carpet change for her.