Who Wore Christian Siriano Better? Kat Deluna or Rihanna

Kat Deluna arrived at the Scott Barnes’ “About Face” Book Launch Party last month wearing a stunning Christian Siriano Spring 2010 marine print strapless dress with an asymmetrical detail.

At the time I thought that Kat was too short for the dress at 5ft 4in.

My belief was confirmed when I saw Rihanna – 5ft 8in – wearing the same dress.

Rihanna was still in Miami this weekend when she was spotted wearing the Siriano dress to the “Pepsi Refresh Project Kick Off Party at LIV”.

She paired her dress with gold Jimmy Choo sandals, diamond earrings and a stack of bracelets.

For the shoes alone Rihanna would win this, but she also wins because she’s not overwhelmed by the dress like Kat was.

Credit: NYmag.com, RedEyeProductions & Wireimage

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Who Wore Reem Acra Better? Katherine Heigl or Carla Gugino

Who Wore Reem Acra Better? Katherine Heigl or Carla Gugino

18 Responses to Who Wore Christian Siriano Better? Kat Deluna or Rihanna

1. Hannah February 8, 2010 at 07:07 #

No Contest…Rihanna all the way

2. nicky February 8, 2010 at 07:48 #

rihanna did justice to tht dress

3. Symon February 8, 2010 at 10:39 #

taller = better . Yes rihanna win this OF COURSE. Kat is ridiculous in this dress. btw good for Christian Siriano !!

4. MN February 8, 2010 at 10:49 #

Rhianna looks awesome in that dress and kudos to Christian for such a coup! Woo hoo!!

5. mandy February 8, 2010 at 11:41 #

Oh my god. The day has finally arrived. The day where Rihanna wears something “normal” and absolutely spectacular. Wow.. now that i came to think of it, I actually hated EVERY SINGLE PIECES of outfit that she wore ever since she became “edgier”. This is totally BDOTW worthy!

• mike February 8, 2010 at 15:36 #

I agree. I use to love everything she wore in her umbrella days. But, not lately. Sometimes she tries too hard. This is what I love seeing Rihanna in. She still looks good w/o being over the top.

6. lee February 8, 2010 at 14:42 #

I’m so glad you posted this! When I saw this picture of Rihanna somewhere else, I immediately thought of you FC, and how you (hopefully) would love it. It fits her so well, and the colors go well with her eyes and.. her hair!

• Fashion Critic February 8, 2010 at 14:44 #

Aww..how sweet.

It’s a great look. I think she’s finding the right balance

7. mike February 8, 2010 at 15:33 #

Is this a serious question? LOL. Rihanna all the way.

8. mochababe73 February 8, 2010 at 15:38 #

I was just going to write that she was too short for this dress. The garment should have gone to tailor so that it could be shortened and tightened. As it is, I think that the dress is actually too big.

9. mike February 8, 2010 at 15:38 #

Kat is too short to wear this dress. You have to wear things that flatter your body type.

10. beatriz duarte February 8, 2010 at 16:23 #

Christian Siriano is such a amazing designer. I prefer Rihanna because of her body type, hairstyle and her shoes.

11. scarletta February 8, 2010 at 16:50 #

I think this look was a personal best for Rihanna. Very flattering to her beautiful figure, eyes, and skin tone. Kat needed something less serious, less mature. She looks like she’s playing dress up and not just because she’s short.

12. JJ February 8, 2010 at 16:58 #

I love the way designers work to keep the print exactly the same as the runway version. Rihanna’s girls (boobs) seem a bit squished but other than that she works WITH the dress to create a spectacular vision!

13. SarahV February 8, 2010 at 17:30 #

I voted Rihanna, obviously, but I don’t like how crushed her boobies look here!

14. P. February 8, 2010 at 21:34 #

OMG, who would have though Ri-ri wearing this beautiful dress ? Not me, however she looks out-friggin-standing and her shoes are to die for !!!

15. Weber from Brazil February 9, 2010 at 12:57 #

Kat, with this hairstyle, reminds me of Rihanna in 2006 , with this curly hair and extensions…. RiRi needs a new haircut…

16. Katie February 10, 2010 at 15:21 #

Kat is totally swamped by the dress, Rihanna looks amazing love the colour