08.02.10

At present it feels like Sandra Bullock has replaced Jennifer Aniston as ‘America’s Sweetheart’.

The actress is cleaning up at award ceremonies and wowing on the red carpet.

At the “Santa Barbara International Film Festival” Sandra Bullock received the “American Riviera Award” looking gorgeous wearing a black L’Wren Scott Spring 2010 fitted dress.

No doubt many of you would’ve instantly recognised Scott’s trademark silhouette which shows off Sandra’s usually hidden figure perfectly.

The dress is decorated with pink velvet embroidery down one side of the dress, which she paired with black peep-toes.

Most of you hated (putting that mildly) Christina Hendricks in L’Wren Scott. How do you feel about Sandra’s look?

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Clotilde Courau In Maxime Simoëns - Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Clotilde Courau In Maxime Simoëns – Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Jessica Alba Sports A New 'Do At The Audi Super Bowl XLIV Party

Jessica Alba Sports A New ‘Do At The Audi Super Bowl XLIV Party

15 Responses to Runway To “Santa Barbara International Film Festival” – Sandra Bullock In L’Wren Scott

1. Vera February 8, 2010 at 17:12 #

I don’t feel anything about Sandra’s look.

I just hate L’Wren Scott.

2. Alice in the Wonderland February 8, 2010 at 17:14 #

She looks good.Like it…:)

3. Chiara February 8, 2010 at 17:17 #

she’s looking great but it’s a little bit boring…

4. maria February 8, 2010 at 17:39 #

shame about the hair. Anyway she doesn’t seem very confortable.

5. Jennifer February 8, 2010 at 17:40 #

Sandra looks great in the L’Wren Scott. The problem I suspect with Christina Hendrick’s look, was the fact that she looked poured into the dress and it easily appeared boring.

I think the problem people have with L’Wren Scott and sometimes even Victoria Beckham is that while the structure is wonderful, and the classic look is nice, that after awhile it gets boring and feels like it’s the same old, same old. Though Victoria is relatively new on the scene, there is still something that is too much the same on occasion, and with L’Wren, I know many people feel that constantly. Nor is it just these two designers alone, but they have the greatest tendency (or at least that’s how I read people’s comments and tend to see their side of things, though I may disagree.)

6. FashionLover February 8, 2010 at 17:47 #

She,Jennifer Aniston & Reese Witherspoon are like the America’s Sweetheart trinity ;P
    what I like about the dress is the detailing put on the side…its very understated but not appropriate to wear to an event where you are being honored…not enough pizazz,it feels like she’s trying to be modest!

7. Elise February 8, 2010 at 18:35 #

I love Sandra, she is a great actress and she is very beautiful.
    But in that dress, she looks just boring. She can do much better.

8. Shoshanna February 8, 2010 at 18:38 #

Boring. I can not believe she’s favourite to win the Oscar, too. Her performance was OK at best. Go Carey or Gabourey!

9. P. February 8, 2010 at 21:37 #

I’m not wowed at all, but the dress is interesting and she looks better than Christina !!

10. Leo February 9, 2010 at 00:35 #

L’Wren Scott as usual, makes her look too strict. She looks like a governess in a 1950s movie.

11. nicky February 9, 2010 at 08:01 #

i think she looks really good. its not an exciting dress but sandra isnt the one to wear risk- taking dresses anyways

12. Harris February 9, 2010 at 15:02 #

I think this dress is horrible. It looks like a moo moo print

13. mari February 9, 2010 at 18:02 #

her body looks great as usual. I think she has one of the best natural bodies in HW and she keeps it perfect, but does not seem obsessed about it.
    In regard of Cristina… it is hard to dress boobs in a way that you do not look heavier or fall into tacky. What Cristina has done so far is OK, and she sill gets criticized!

14. Deb February 14, 2010 at 01:30 #

I was at this event and while many of you seem bored by the photos, she was *STUNNING* in this dress. It was a perfect choice for Santa Barbara, where even a red carpet is casual but classy. Had she worn something flashier, it would have not worked. Shoes were perfect, makeup, everything was just perfect considering how close we are geographically but far, far away in other respects from Hollywood.

15. Ksenia February 15, 2010 at 00:14 #

This is a mature look for even Sandra Bullock, and I think she pulls it off with grace and elegance. It could be frumpy but on her it isn’t.