Anna Paquin For Marie Claire UK March 2010

“True Blood” actress Anna Paquin features in the March 2010 UK edition of Marie Claire UK.

I love this shoot by Frederic Pinet, which sees Anna looking amazing in an array of fabulous dresses, set in a supermarket.

She is seen wearing an Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 dress, which Camilla Belle has also rocked.

Other designers such as Chanel, Salvatore Ferragamo, Lanvin, Victor & Rolf and Prada are also seen, as well as a Josh Goot dress that Isabel Lucas also wore recently.

Anna talks about her engagement to “True Blood” co-star, Stephen Moyer, plans to have children and the current vampire trend.

On her relationship with fiancé Stephen Moyer: “We’re pretty mundane. We walk our dogs, rehearse lines. But our shared passion for our jobs is a really exciting thing. It’s part of the reason we ended up together.”

On wedding and baby plans: “We’re doing nights on season three now. I have trouble planning anything more than brunch with my friends. But when the time’s right, we’ll do it.”

On the current trend for all things vampire: “I had no idea 2009 was going to be the vampire year. I just love True Blood’s mix of funny, campy and weird.”

On winning an Oscar aged nine: “There were a few weeks where it was odd but the next year someone else wins and everybody stops talking about it.”

Credit: Style.com & MarieClaire.co.uk

Nina Dobrev In Matthew Williamson - Comic Con 2013

Nina Dobrev In Matthew Williamson – Comic Con 2013

Runway To "Santa Barbara International Film Festival" - Sandra Bullock In L'Wren Scott

Runway To “Santa Barbara International Film Festival” – Sandra Bullock In L’Wren Scott

27 Responses to Anna Paquin For Marie Claire UK March 2010

1. Nikki February 8, 2010 at 16:01 #

Love her in McQueen. She looks so much better when she wears colors instead of black. I also like her in Josh Goot, Lanvin, and Victor & Rolf dresses.

2. molly February 8, 2010 at 16:04 #

WOW! This woman can really wear clothing beautifully! Can’t believe this, but she does way more for the McQueen than Camilla Belle did – no trace of ice skating costume here. I wish she looked this consistently amazing on the red carpet.

• Danika February 8, 2010 at 17:18 #

Haha, it looks like we both wow-ed this at almost the same time! What does that say about the shoot?

3. Danika February 8, 2010 at 16:16 #

Wow! She looks much better in the Josh Goot than Isabel Lucas did, that’s for sure. I love the Prada and McQueen shots, and I love that they shot the Viktor & Rolf in profile! I was first disappointed that we couldn’t see the front details, but then I realised that we can see how gorgeous the shape of the skirt is.

4. Cheryl February 8, 2010 at 16:25 #

Argh! She looks amazing! I love her in True Blood. Can anyone tell me what brand shoes she’s wearing in the first photo with McQueen, Goot and Viktor & Rolf outfits?

• Fashion Critic February 8, 2010 at 16:35 #

If you click on the Marie Claire link above you can see all the credits

• Cheryl February 9, 2010 at 13:47 #

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any details on the shoes paired with her McQueen outfit. :(

Any ideas?

5. Snarky Sharky February 8, 2010 at 16:39 #

Surprisingly love her each and every looks here!

6. FF February 8, 2010 at 16:41 #

She looks lovely in these. I’m mystified as to why the shoot is in a supermarket but it actually works with the dresses, oddly enough.

7. Mario February 8, 2010 at 17:05 #

Adorable!
    I really love the clothes choice, although I think they could pick more breath-taking shoes. They’re kinda boring with these gorgeous dresses.
    Get spring McQueens, Balenciaga stripes, V&R flower shoes.. ahh fashion fashion :D

8. Carmen February 8, 2010 at 17:19 #

I’ve just realise i love Josh Goot colection

• Fashion Critic February 8, 2010 at 17:24 #

it is truly amazing

9. Shoshanna February 8, 2010 at 17:19 #

She wears the McQueen better than Camilla Belle, who ruined her outfit with the shoes.

10. Mariazinha February 8, 2010 at 18:31 #

She is gorgeous… And just such an amazing body. It’s a really great shoot!

11. mol February 8, 2010 at 18:55 #

I agree that Anna outshines Camilla in the Alexander McQueen, the proportions are much better on Anna, perhaps because she is (or appears) taller. I also like the Josh Groot dress better on her than on Isabel Lucas. As for the Chanel – I think Diane pretty much nailed that one, although Anna looks great in it too.

This shoot is stunning, the supermarket in the background allows for lots of textural and colorful details to support the clothes, and I like the color filtered sci-fi kinda light that comes from it as well.

12. P. February 8, 2010 at 20:57 #

Nice editorial!!!

13. Pablo February 8, 2010 at 21:20 #

This is absolutely what an editorial should look like!! I’m really impressed!! I’m not very fond of Anna, but have to admit she totally rocks these pieces (although Mr. Pinet has to receive his credit)!! :D

14. Katey February 8, 2010 at 21:44 #

Who made these shoes on the first picture when she wears Alexander Mcqueen ???

15. mm February 9, 2010 at 00:10 #

Amazing in every pic. I am so use to thinking of her as her character on True Blood, that these pictures really shocked me didnt expect this for Anna. Lovin it!

16. Laura February 9, 2010 at 00:32 #

I love her in the Viktor & Rolf dress!Rihanna…take note.Don’t try too hard and let the dress do the talking.

17. Flutterbang February 9, 2010 at 04:41 #

I doubt the shoes everybody is wondering about are these, but they’re similar, and so darn cute with the little fish:

18. Mario February 9, 2010 at 17:31 #

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the shoes paired with the McQueen dress are Prada Spring 2010.

• Cheryl February 9, 2010 at 22:49 #

Oh thank you!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I’ve been dying to find out ever since I first saw them… Sighs. THANK YOU…. :)

• Mario February 10, 2010 at 13:16 #

No problem, glad I could help :D
        I really love the shoes, they’re amazing!

19. Telai February 10, 2010 at 14:26 #

how hot is anna paquin?!?! i didn’t know she could rock high fashion this awesomely! ten thumbs up. especially the mcqueen!

20. Ksenia February 15, 2010 at 00:16 #

Anna is talented, but the shallow part of me is still hating the gap between her teeth. She can afford to get her teeth fixed.