05.02.10

Sephora South Beach Fragrance Launch – Kim Kardashian In Azzedine Alaia

Forget awards season, it feels like we’re in the middle of fragrance season as Kim Kardashian follows Beyonce Knowles in releasing a fragrance this week.

Kim – sans siblings – debuted her new signature scent at ‘Sephora’ in Florida last night.

Like Beyonce, Kim also wore a red dress to her launch but Kim’s was much more pleasing to the eye.

The reality TV star wore a red Azzedine Alaia flounce dress with a square neckline, which she paired with gold earrings, a stack of bangles and nude pumps.

Kim obviously wanted to look sexy on her big night.  The dress suits her figure and I love this red on her.

The flounce hem stops this dress from looking like another bandage dress, which we have grown long tired of seeing Kim wearing.

I don’t love the look, but I don’t hate it either.

Credit: Wireimage

In Kim Kardashian's Closet - Azzedine Alaia Black Flounce Dress

In Kim Kardashian’s Closet – Azzedine Alaia Black Flounce Dress

In Lauren Conrad's Closet - Nanette Lepore Exotic Plume Dress

In Lauren Conrad’s Closet – Nanette Lepore Exotic Plume Dress

13 Responses to Sephora South Beach Fragrance Launch – Kim Kardashian In Azzedine Alaia

1. chrystelle February 5, 2010 at 15:18 #

wow! who ever knew someone could make an alaia design looks cheap!
    he is my favorite designer out there. i now understands why some designer cringe when they see some people in their creation. kim should stick to hervé leger.

2. Jennifer February 5, 2010 at 15:25 #

I don’t like it… but I don’t utterly hate it. I think it’s hard for me to like almost any of Kim’s style though. I’ve only every really liked was the Peter Pilotto dress that was worn for the season cover.

3. Matt February 5, 2010 at 15:38 #

Ahhhhh, A fragrance by Kim Kardashian, I don’t think it’s that hard to smell like Tapwater and regret. I hate everything about her look, even the fragrance bottle, looks like those awful discount perfume you get for $2.99 at the dollar store

• justme February 5, 2010 at 16:55 #

LMAO @ tapwater and regret.

• mol February 5, 2010 at 22:24 #

Ditto

• robbie February 5, 2010 at 17:49 #

i agree, also the logo is very tacky. i know i use that word alot but this is a prime example to pure tackiness.

4. justme February 5, 2010 at 16:56 #

I think she should’ve worn another bandage dress cause this right here is a tacky mess.

5. robbie February 5, 2010 at 17:39 #

another perfume *yawn* i am still waiting patiently for some “celebrity” to come out with their own birth control range or toilet roll…. although i have a feeling miss hilton might come out with those sometime soon, or maybe even kim.

6. beatriz duarte February 5, 2010 at 18:24 #

I really like the colour, but the dress itself isn’t as elegant as I wish it were.

7. Christina February 6, 2010 at 14:10 #

I love the fact that she promotes it during Super Bowl weekend.

8. mochababe73 February 6, 2010 at 23:27 #

I love Kim so I don’t have anything bad to say about HER since this is a blog about fashion. The dress is a different story. The bottom ruffle should have been another color. It’s not enough contrast with the bodice and it just looks off and faded.

9. JJ February 7, 2010 at 17:14 #

I don’t like the flamenco looking hem, but mainly because of the colour clash, but I agree with you that at least its not another bandage dress

10. Ethne Blist October 1, 2010 at 04:55 #

Out of ALL the Alaia ladylike chic she chose THIS one? I know the “silhouette” is up her alley if you know what I mean, but if she wanted to look sophisticated she should have worn something else.