Runway To DGA Awards – Carey Mulligan In Lanvin

If it’s not Prada it’s Lanvin.

Is Carey Mulligan’s style starting to become predictable?

At the “DGA Awards” this weekend Carey was spotted wearing one of her preferred designers on the red carpet.

Her Lanvin Spring 2010 pink one-sleeved dress was presented in black leather, which I’m glad she didn’t opt for.

The pretty dress was accented with a black stash tied to the waist, as she paired her dress with black strappy sandals and carried a black clutch.

I get a sense of de ja vu with this look, but I think that’s because there’s only so much Carey can do with her hair without looking childish by adding things like bows to it.

What do you guys think?

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Carey Mulligan In Alexander McQueen - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' New York Film Festival Premiere

Carey Mulligan In Alexander McQueen – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ New York Film Festival Premiere

2010 DGA Awards - Lea Michele In Herve L. Leroux

2010 DGA Awards – Lea Michele In Herve L. Leroux

19 Responses to Runway To DGA Awards – Carey Mulligan In Lanvin

1. Neil C February 2, 2010 at 14:29 #

Very predictable

2. mochababe73 February 2, 2010 at 14:33 #

Love the shoes, but the dress is too long on Carey Mulligan. She should have had it shorten. As it is, the dress plus the shoes make her look short.

3. Claire Kelly February 2, 2010 at 14:42 #

It looks better than her SAG and GG dresses. It fits better. I’m not sure why people need to change their look every two seconds (other than this is obviously a fashion website). I think she’s not as fashion forward as other actresses, but I like what she wears generally. I would have worn her streetwear at her age. Some of her red carpet dresses don’t fit quite right, but she is doing quite well for someone who doesn’t seem to have a machine of stylists around her.

• Michelle February 2, 2010 at 18:07 #

She said in a red carpet interview that she does have a stylist.

The dress just seems too much for her. She seems to want to hide her body in extra loose clothes and dresses with no shape. I don’t understand the insecurity.

• Fashion Critic February 2, 2010 at 18:13 #

they all say that LOL

• Laura February 2, 2010 at 18:20 #

I dont know, she has a very “green” look. The kind of look we see celebs in the very beggining of their careers. When you look at Evan Rachel wood you know that there is a team around her, the same with Kristen and Hathaway.

The fact that she didnt use nasty hair extensions says a lot about her. Not many Hollywood darlings would wear such short hair. But I want her to let grow back

• Michelle February 3, 2010 at 07:16 #

True, but why have Didier Malige be your hairstylist and then dress yourself?

On this ocassion, ok it doesn’t seem like it, but the bigger events I’d bet she does work with a stylist.

4. Nikki February 2, 2010 at 15:16 #

It definitely reminds me of her SAG Awards gown — the one shoulder and the color. I don’t like the fit especially the side of the dress with the sleeve. Love her shoes, though.

5. Jessica February 2, 2010 at 15:20 #

looks very boring

6. Raquel February 2, 2010 at 15:50 #

I think she is getting better and I enjoy her style so far. The hair really limits her options a bit, but she looks lovely.

7. Kimmy February 2, 2010 at 15:52 #

Looks like it doesn’t fit her.

8. Laura February 2, 2010 at 16:22 #

The shoes are to die for. And I do love the color. You have to remember this girl was a completely unknown actress before her little film get all those awards, this is her first time in the spot light. She said that before this year she had never wore a long dress of did so many interviews.

Other girls like Zoe Sadana, Kristen Stewart or Evan Rachel wood have years on Hollywood experience. At least she is not wearing black all the time like Aniston or Jolie.

9. BC2DR Brand February 2, 2010 at 17:41 #

I’m liking the red more than the black, the black is, I’m not sure. The red is sexy though.

10. mol February 2, 2010 at 19:59 #

The dress looks wonderful with her coloring and hair, but shorter would have been better. Overall, I have to say that she is undermining herself by looking so timid and uncomfortable, with the end result is that the clothes are wearing her. She is clearly not yet used to the limelight and lacks a certain poise and cleverness that working the red carpet calls for (maybe she should check out Zoe below for tips!), but I do love her work as an actress.

11. e February 2, 2010 at 22:00 #

how old is she? she dresses very “old”. she has such an impish look on her face, but most of her choices look like she’s playing dress up in joan collin’s old dynasty wardrobe. i like what anna kendrick wears – she looks her age, and the clothes don’t wear (or age) her.

12. Kit February 3, 2010 at 13:01 #

Sorry but would you prefer her to wear some nasty Pagentry Marchesa frock? Would that be fashion forward? Sorry, but no. For those of us working in the real fashion world, Carey is quite fashion forward. And more importantly, she wears what she likes, not what is going to make her look “tall” or her body look perfect. And sorry “e” but what Anna Kendrick wore to the Globes was hideous. Hideous. The dress wore her completely, She may well have been dressed in leftover Christmas tree trimmings. Carey doesn’t try too hard and she looks the best of all of the up and coming actresses. And there is a reason why she is consistently on the top of Vogue’s 10 best dress list.

• Robina February 7, 2010 at 05:12 #

Testify, Sistah!

13. Ksenia February 15, 2010 at 00:34 #

This works for Carey yet she is becoming an inch more predictable and I warn you, Carey, don’t become predictable as Miss Swift has.