02.02.10

2010 DGA Awards – Lea Michele In Herve L. Leroux

Lea Michele appears to be the official “Glee” representative.

The actress has graced the red carpet at nearly every high profile event over the past few weeks from the Grammy Awards to the DGA Awards this weekend.

The star looked breath-taking in this nude Herve L. Leroux gown.

It really gives her an amazing sleek silhouette, but I can’t help but think she would’ve look so much better in navy, forest green or even black.

I’m guessing she opted for a bright pop of red on her lips to prevent her seeming too washed out or one-tone.

I wanna fall head-over-heels in love with this look, but some thing’s holding me back.

Credit: Wireimage

Runway To DGA Awards - Carey Mulligan In Lanvin

Runway To DGA Awards – Carey Mulligan In Lanvin

Vanity Fair's Hollywood Issue March 2010

Vanity Fair’s Hollywood Issue March 2010

29 Responses to 2010 DGA Awards – Lea Michele In Herve L. Leroux

1. Nat February 2, 2010 at 15:21 #

I think it’s the hair and lack of accessories

2. robbie February 2, 2010 at 15:23 #

the only thing that bugs me is the bright red lipstick i think something a little softer would have been nice, and perhaps an up do.

3. Raquel February 2, 2010 at 15:48 #

I think it is is the lack of a smile or any evidence that she is enjoying herself?

• Fashion Critic February 2, 2010 at 16:31 #

she’s probably tired the poor thing

4. Jennifer February 2, 2010 at 15:50 #

I think it’s definetely the color. I don’t think the nude color of the dress works, she needed an actual color that made her glow. So like you, I want to love it, but don’t.

5. Chloe February 2, 2010 at 16:12 #

I too would have liked to see the dress in a different color!
    But the silhouette it gives her is gorgeous!

6. Shemah February 2, 2010 at 16:18 #

I agree with robbie.. even if she wanted to do red lips I think a deeper red might be better.. that’s just too bright. And yeah, the gown is exquisite on her but would prefer it in jewel tones.

7. Sonia February 2, 2010 at 16:28 #

I think she looks gorgeous but that color washes her out. She would have looked better in a darker color. And her hair looks kind of messy, perhaps an updo would have looked better.

8. Aicha February 2, 2010 at 16:57 #

I just love this. What everyone else said makes sense. The gown is maybe too nude, and the lipstick a little jarring. But it’s that strangeness of this look that I love – it caught my eye and took me by surprise. And that silhouette is amazing.

9. Lala/S-R February 2, 2010 at 17:18 #

What could be holding you back, FC?! WHAT!!? I fell in love from first glace! She looks phenom! The red lips are just the perfect pop of colour for this look.

• Kath February 3, 2010 at 02:52 #

I agree. Love it. Best dressed of the week for me ;)

10. mol February 2, 2010 at 17:34 #

I agree on the idea of a deeper red lippie, but otherwise I do love this – I actually think the nude color makes a dramatic statement against her skin tone and lustrous dark hair….so overall, I’m on board with this.

11. BC2DR Brand February 2, 2010 at 17:37 #

i agree, something is just not there. The red lips are just to bold and out there for that outfit, everything is taken off her and attention straight to the red, and I’m not talking about the carpet.

12. Ally February 2, 2010 at 17:52 #

I think she looks stunning (although, I agree that I wish it were a bright color…dark green, navy or plum). I think it is the lack of sparkle in her eye that is letting the look down. But this is like the 4th time in two weeks that she has had to get super primped and stand in front of cameras. As glamerous as it seems, I’m sure it gets a little old.

13. Shami February 2, 2010 at 23:08 #

She needs some jewelry… I think that would make her look much better!

14. nicky February 3, 2010 at 07:30 #

the hair isnt working and neither is the bold red lipstick. the nude dress colour definitely washes her out…it isnt the right colour shade!

15. shree February 3, 2010 at 12:52 #

She needs a slim belt and large earrings.

16. FASHIONPRIEST February 3, 2010 at 18:09 #

neck down i think its perfect . the reason you and most of us are kinda holding it back is because of the make-up and hair. if the hair had a little bounce and parted to the center instead of a flat side part i thing it would hve given a breath of movement to this almost nude dress. and the foundation is alittle too oily and reflective and the red lips too shiny. if she opted for a more natural looking foundation and a matt red lip she would hve made the dress….. THE dress
    xx

• Fashion Critic February 3, 2010 at 18:16 #

All very good points. Thanks FashionPriest

17. Anissa February 3, 2010 at 20:45 #

Have you seen any pictures or have an information on the green dress Angelina wore to the DGA’s? It looks like a great dress for her (though still safer)…

Oh just found that it was an “elegant one shoulder sea foam green gown from Elie Saab, earrings by Ofira Schwartz, and shoes from Stuart Weitzman.”

• Fashion Critic February 3, 2010 at 20:54 #

Yes we’ve seen the pictures, but they are only from the shoulder up.

• Anissa February 3, 2010 at 22:00 #

Ah, I’ve only found from the waist up myself. It appears some sort of jeweled accent or belt was added.

• Anissa February 3, 2010 at 20:55 #

According to the Elie Saab website it’s from the ’09-10 Autum Winter line, and I think it might be look 35 from the Ready to Wear collection…

18. mochababe73 February 4, 2010 at 16:02 #

The first thought that popped in my head was “wow”. I really like her in this nude. It’s different. I am such a color person that I surprised myself by liking it.

19. lovelea February 5, 2010 at 20:53 #

This is not merely a woman in a dress, but a modern fashion recreation of a famous painting – Botticelli’s “Birth of Venus.”

The broad verticals in the shell and spreading rays at the feet of Venus are mirrored in the creases in Lea’s dress and the pattern it creates on the floor. The skin-beige and lack of any adornments are absolutely crucial to maintaining the sense of the original. The tonal match between skin and dress parallel the tonal match of the shell, both in the bright and darker areas, to the respective areas on the nude body of Venus. Even the curvature of the posture in the upper torso and legs are similar. (The photographer should have asked for a tilted head.) I think it’s fantastic, even though I barely recognize Lea in the face.

20. Robina February 7, 2010 at 05:02 #

She looks perfectly devine! I wouldn’t change a thing

21. Kel February 9, 2010 at 21:02 #

I really love this, the colour helps show off how amazing that figure is.
    Only the hair lets this down, in between sleek styled locks and tussled, not one or the other and not working. Stunning from the forehead down, scroll down a bit to see, much better!
    With that classic make up, a smooth, waved, 40′s style like Veronica Lake would be perfect.

22. Katie February 10, 2010 at 16:33 #

I think the style of the dress is fab, but imagine it in red

23. Ksenia February 15, 2010 at 00:34 #

I really can’t like this at all. The color is boring and it doesn’t even work with her coloring at all. Why the color? The color is the killer here.