01.02.10

2010 Grammy Awards – Mary J Blige In Gucci & Roberto Cavalli

I’ve been praying for colour from Mary J Blige and boy did she deliver.

The diva wore two different looks at the 2010 Grammy Awards last night.

She arrived wearing a fuchsia pink Gucci gown with cut-out details in the neckline.

I just adore how this dress skimmed Mary’s curves and gave her a stunning silhouette.

The diva later performed with Andrea Bocelli wearing a cobalt blue Roberto Cavalli strapless gown with beaded bodice detail.

I can’t figure out which one I love more.

This is a nice problem to have.

Credit: Getty & Wireimage

Runway To 2010 Grammy Awards - Carrie Underwood in Edition by Georges Chakra

Runway To 2010 Grammy Awards – Carrie Underwood in Edition by Georges Chakra

Runway To 2010 Grammy Awards - Pink In Tony Ward Couture

Runway To 2010 Grammy Awards – Pink In Tony Ward Couture

10 Responses to 2010 Grammy Awards – Mary J Blige In Gucci & Roberto Cavalli

1. Jasmine February 1, 2010 at 14:49 #

I’m so surprised at this post. To me, both dresses are really naff and pretty trashy. I’m surprised they are Gucci and Cavalli and not market and discount store.

I can just about tell which one I dislike more – the Gucci – because the cut outs around the shoulders and bust remind me of Girls Aloud circa 2003 (that’s long before Cheryl went couture, folks, and it wasn’t at all pretty – see here: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music/girlsaloud.jpg and here: http://www.klmtravel.co.uk/images/GirlsAloud_000.jpg).

2. mm February 1, 2010 at 14:51 #

Mary looked great in both looks. I wasnt blown away by her at the awards but i prefer her in the blue.

3. justme February 1, 2010 at 15:22 #

I love the blue dress. I wish she would’ve picked other shoes but she still looks good.

4. bettybrandenburg February 1, 2010 at 15:44 #

For me the Gucci dress does it. The blue dress is very 1980s – and let’s face it, 80s fashion was wrong the first time ’round, there’s no need to repeat it!

5. beatriz duarte February 1, 2010 at 16:00 #

The blue one is beautiful, but the pink… oh, dear Mary, the colour is amazing for your skin, but the details on the bust? Just… no! It would looked better on someone younger and smaller (not that she’s fat, but she has a “body”). And the hair… no! But the earrings, OMG, they are outstanding (only with the blue dress).

6. Lala/S-R February 1, 2010 at 17:23 #

Same here, FC. She looks glorious in both.

7. anna February 1, 2010 at 18:40 #

I think she is BDOTW worthy in the blue. Look at how amazing that dress makes her skin look!

8. Sarah February 1, 2010 at 20:13 #

Blue looks nice against her skin color!

9. P. February 1, 2010 at 22:21 #

She’s great in both looks, but personally I much prefer the blue, because it’s very beautiful againt her skin color!!!

10. Asher February 2, 2010 at 01:11 #

Both are beautiful. I love the blue color on her and the way it drapes over her hips. But, I’m not crazy about the detailing on the chest. It cheapens it a bit for me.

Still a lovely fit though.