01.02.10

2010 Grammy Awards – Lady GaGa In Armani Privé

We have all been eagerly awaiting the 2010 Grammy Awards just to see what Lady GaGa would wear, and the singer didn’t disappoint.

Lady Gaga, who is nominated for 5 Grammy Awards, will be dressed exclusively in Giorgio Armani Privé.

The long sleeved corseted dress – which appears to have been designed based on Look 38 from the Prive Spring 2010 presentation – is covered in Swarovski crystals and seems to have a solar system theme, complete with a spiky accessory and her heels have a touch of McQueen about them.

Giorgio Armani created a variety of pieces for Lady Gaga to wear for both the evening’s ceremony and for her special live stage performance.

Giorgio Armani says, “We hear Lady Gaga’s music everywhere we go. It is like a soundtrack of our times. In addition to her formidable songwriting skills, she is a modern fashion phenomenon. I am delighted to be creating these outfits on such an important night for her, the Grammys, and I wish her the best of luck.”

Sharing Mr. Armani’s enthusiasm, Lady Gaga adds, “I am honored to be wearing Armani this evening. The series of pieces Mr. Armani created for me are truly iconic; they represent not only beautiful fashion, but my spirit and essence as an artist. Mr. Armani is a fashion legend, and tonight would not have been the same without his touch, and his wonderful team.”

This is an amazing and surprisingly and unexpected collaboration. I can’t wait to see what she wears on stage.

I love the dress, but the wig is a tad scary.

[nggallery id=315]

Credit: Wireimage

Giambattista Valli Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Giambattista Valli Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Runway To 2010 Grammy Awards – Lea Michele In Romona Keveza

Runway To 2010 Grammy Awards – Lea Michele In Romona Keveza

33 Responses to 2010 Grammy Awards – Lady GaGa In Armani Privé

1. lisa February 1, 2010 at 00:39 #

I think the wig is WAY too much.. would have been perfect with nice makeup and nice hair.. the dress is flawless!!

• felmel February 1, 2010 at 00:56 #

I agree if she had just left the wig out she would have been stuning.But i still love the dress on her

2. wilwarin February 1, 2010 at 00:42 #

i’m not gaga fan, but i really like that she’s having fun with fashion… i aboslutely adore this look… i love the sheos and the dress even the hair is fun, but the make up is definitely one thing that scares me.

3. xocoatl February 1, 2010 at 00:49 #

I love the dress, but the makeup is way out of line… I know Gaga has a flair for the dramatic, but I think she could have achieved that effect with other hair and makeup choices… Because that just ruins the look a little bit.

4. mm February 1, 2010 at 00:53 #

That lace front wig is a disaster. First time i can actually say i like her look

5. Jen February 1, 2010 at 01:06 #

It’s no secret she wears wigs and hairpieces given how often the styles and colours change, but is the edge of this wig ever obvious.

6. Laura February 1, 2010 at 01:17 #

She looks like a futuristic Barbie with the wig. The dress would’ve been Gaga-licious enough without that wig. I am happy she decided to go bigger for the Grammy’s though.

7. Pez Globo February 1, 2010 at 01:21 #

I usually enjoy Gaga’s looks.. but this time it isnt working for me… the dress is such an statement on its own. But she totally ruined with the wig and the make up. I cant help but think of a barbie or a grown up girl playing fancy dresses. Maybe I expected too much from her.

8. Flutterbang February 1, 2010 at 01:35 #

I am truly in shock…I actually like it

9. joshua February 1, 2010 at 01:51 #

reminds me mermaid , i love hair and makeup but not separatly only here it’s not the best makeup , i would love to see her in pastel makeup !

10. MEME February 1, 2010 at 02:12 #

I LOVE it!!!!!!!!……. BEST DRESSED!!!! BEST DRESSED!!! BEST DRESSED!!!!!!!…… That is how you do the Grammy’s…….. make them talk about YOU……… keep the attention on YOU……

11. MEME February 1, 2010 at 02:13 #

The wig is attached to the body suit……….. which makes it even more interesting……. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!…….

12. Thomas Monks February 1, 2010 at 02:14 #

Gaga is sporting an Alexander McQueen bodysuit and Platforms

13. easyBlake February 1, 2010 at 02:58 #

Um. AWE. SOME! And her hair/make up looks like a comic book superheroine. This is worthy of love.

• mol February 1, 2010 at 04:52 #

Exactly!

14. iart February 1, 2010 at 03:23 #

Hummm….
    Look 38 looks elegant and light while this one looks plastiky and cheap. Especially with the strings going around…
    And let’s not talk about the evident colour clash…

15. Teleholic February 1, 2010 at 04:05 #

I loved this dress, even moreso from the side. If she had worn it as a dress rather than an art piece (which it already is) I think it would’ve looked better. Natural hair, good not over-the-top makeup, and without that thing she’s carrying in her hand, this would have been even better. But I applaud her dress choice, I’m completely in love with it.

16. WendyB February 1, 2010 at 04:28 #

Love Love Love.

17. Alfredo February 1, 2010 at 05:14 #

I love it! She pulls it off!

18. Lucas February 1, 2010 at 06:52 #

I’m very suprised, I love this look and I don’t mind the wig. I think she might be one of the Best Dressed of the night for me, this is on of the best she has EVER looked. It was Gaga’s night to shine and she did, I am totally becoming obsessed with all things Gaga!!

19. Barbara February 1, 2010 at 08:03 #

oh my god.cany i say it?can i really say that i love lady gaga´s dress?what happened? :D
    FC?Lady gaga for best dressed :)

20. nicole February 1, 2010 at 08:16 #

hate it all. i just see disaster all over that but i guess thats just me. the hair is more than a tad scary

21. jared February 1, 2010 at 08:20 #

she looks like a barbie to me.

HATE the hair. Everything else is AMAZING!!! this dress is so stunning. her shoes are INCREDIBLE. love everything but the hair.

22. Maddy February 1, 2010 at 08:32 #

The dress and the shoes are Lady Gaga at her best. The wig is so-so, but she gets a pass for giving Taylor a run for her money in the glitzy dress department!

23. robbie February 1, 2010 at 08:55 #

if she left the tranny wig and mae-up it would have been alright, would have been even better without those hideous clunky shoes. i dont know what is worse though the colour of the wig or the fact you can see the line of the wig.

24. Kimmy February 1, 2010 at 14:24 #

Honestly, I’m so tired of Gaga’s antics. I think the dress is great, but the hair and make up ruins it.

25. JJ February 1, 2010 at 16:12 #

I love her, I get her. But the make up and hair have tranny written all over. I even forget the dress and the star, which I love.

26. DM February 1, 2010 at 17:53 #

HORRIBLE! From head to toe: HORRIBLE! I don’t understand how people talk about Lady Gaga’s “style”…WHAT STYLE?! She always dresses up in these hideous getups, calls it “fashion”, and we’re expected to swoon?! As if! :)

What is wrong with the world when you can throw on hideous outfits like she does, attach an Armani label, and be applauded for it? BLAH.

27. Elise February 1, 2010 at 20:36 #

Even if I don’t like Lady Gaga style, I must say that the dress is amazing and the shoes are interesting.
    But the make up and the hair are just awful.
    I am tired of her looks, she always ruins pretty dress.

28. miles luthuli February 12, 2010 at 01:36 #

I gues everybody did what she wanted them to do… to talk about her… the dress is amazing, the shoes,make-up and the hair… the only problem is the fact that you can see the wig line… bt stil like the whole look… trend setter!