Rihanna was the Best Dressed at the “Salute to Icons Honoring Doug Morris” event last night.

I really love her in this Viktor & Rolf Spring 2010 tulle corset dress, which is not an easy dress to pull off.

The pastel pink and baby blue add a softness to the look, plus I love how she picked simple Louboutin pumps to complement the dress and not compete with the dress.

She doesn’t get too overwhelmed by the voluminous asymmetrical neckline which must have been difficult to manage.

The dress appears to be slightly modified from the runway, with a piece of the pink tulle missing from the hip where Rihanna rests her hand to pose.

The singer wore some interesting blackened gold and white diamond feather earrings from Georgina Chapman’s Garrard collection.

If she was going all out at this event, I wonder what she has in store for us tonight at the Grammy Awards.

Check back later to find out.

[nggallery id=314]

Credit: Style.com & Bauer Griffin

Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event - Keri Hilson

Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event – Keri Hilson

Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event - Taylor Swift In Collette Dinnigan

Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event – Taylor Swift In Collette Dinnigan

27 Responses to Runway To Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event – Rihanna In Viktor & Rolf

1. Laura January 31, 2010 at 15:27 #

Viktor & Rolf pieces aren’t easy to pull off, but Rihanna’s workin it. She looks awesome.

2. justme January 31, 2010 at 15:28 #

I don’t like the dress but if I had to wear it, I would wear it like Rihanna did. Light make-up, not a lot of jewelry and simple shoes.

3. wilwarin January 31, 2010 at 15:32 #

i’m not crazy about Viktor & Rolf dresses on the red carpet… i find them pieces of art that are more suitable for the editorailas, artistic photos… that said i must admit Rihanna does look great in this dress, although i completely adore upper part of the dress, but down part not so much, it’s too much in my opinion (without those peachy pink part’s it would perfect) … and it’s first time i really really like how Rihanna’s hair looks…
    in the end i will agree with you FC that so far seen she’s best dress on this event… she’s different, fierce and doesn’t wear anything bling-bling (there were really beautiful sparkly dresses but after almost every single person wearing something sparkling it becomes boring)…

4. mm January 31, 2010 at 15:35 #

Rihanna looks great. I am actually excited to see what she wears tonight. I hope she is not performing though.

5. Shoshanna January 31, 2010 at 15:45 #

“Oh my god, I’m so edgy because I wear Viktor & Rolf! Look at me and my botched hairdo!”

• Chiara January 31, 2010 at 16:49 #

I agree with you even if I wouldn’t say it so bluntly…

• Ruben January 31, 2010 at 18:24 #

“Oh gracious, at least this woman tries to be different and succeeds flawlessly, I envy her so much, I will just hate on her.”

6. Pez Globo January 31, 2010 at 16:03 #

wow! I love how the the colours fo the dress complement her skin tone. And I even like her hair here. Cant wait to see what she’s wearing next!

7. Linda January 31, 2010 at 16:27 #

Now, this is a really good use of a simple pump! I LOVE this look on her, best dressed for sure at this event, and the best I’ve seen her look in I don’t know how long. The hair is looking good too.

8. Jimmy January 31, 2010 at 16:28 #

She always looks like she is playing dress up in someone else’s clothes. I just think she trys to hard to be edgy and most of the time it doesn’t work ,but who really cares what I think.

9. catarina January 31, 2010 at 16:32 #

I’m sorry! I don’t know anything about fashion comparing to you (Fashion Critic), but looking at Rhianna with this dress only one word comes to my mind: RIDICULOUS! It’s only my opinion, but the dress is hideous…the dresses from this collection are works of art, no doubt, but…I don’t know…they look like costumes…

• Fashion Critic January 31, 2010 at 16:43 #

LOL…one man’s meat is another man’s poison.

10. Melinda January 31, 2010 at 16:59 #

Rhianna is hit or miss for me. But I do think if she’s going to try to “push the envelope”, I do prefer her going very editorial vs just shocking (like many of her other outfits.). So yes, to the dress – I like it!

11. Annie January 31, 2010 at 17:52 #

Rihanna looks STUNNING!!! She’s just a beauty!!! I love this whole look!! Definitely a HIT!!!!!

12. robbie January 31, 2010 at 17:58 #

i wish she kept that bit of tulle at the hip it just doesnt seem “complete” without it. but apart from that she looks amazing.

• Claire Kelly February 1, 2010 at 05:18 #

I agree. I think the modifications really take away from the look. I liked the striped fabric which broke up an already broken up look. The solid black is boring in comparison.

13. Jen January 31, 2010 at 20:18 #

I love it, and her hair goes perfectly with the look.

14. MEME January 31, 2010 at 21:35 #

Once again Fashion Critic….. I’mma have to disagree wit’ you…… LOVE Viktor & Rolf…. but I would rather see this in an editorial than on a Red Carpet…..

15. Taylor January 31, 2010 at 21:41 #

Great look for Rihanna …everything works – over the top dress, simple shoe, simple jewellery and just right make-up

16. Michelle January 31, 2010 at 21:44 #

Rihanna has to be one of the most overrated “fashionistas” in a long time. Her manufactured “style” sucks. I’m sorry, she’s a pretty girl but a fashion icon she is not.

17. danniekate January 31, 2010 at 21:47 #

she looks great! she’s the only person bar apphia michael and katy perry i’ve seen in the new V&R and for once i really like how rihanna looks. hair and makeup great too!

18. mochababe73 January 31, 2010 at 22:37 #

Some dresses were meant to be left on the runway, and this is one of them. Rhianna has an edgy style, and I don’t find it edgy. It’s just un (dirty word) believable.
    However, the shoes are cute. I would wear those.

19. Ally January 31, 2010 at 23:30 #

If anyone is going to be able to work one of these crazy dresses, it is Rihanna. It’s off the wall, but I like it. You have to give it to someone who moves outside of the prom dress box.

20. Laura February 1, 2010 at 00:39 #

As usual she tries TOO hard.So Unoriginal.

21. mol February 1, 2010 at 05:08 #

I hate those dyed to match my bridesmaid dress shoes, they pretty much kill the whole look for me – committ to the look or don’t do it!

22. Robina February 7, 2010 at 05:35 #

Dear RiRi,
    1985 rang. They want their dress back.

23. Ksenia February 15, 2010 at 00:38 #

I love the dress. I would wear it. I am glad Rihanna chose subtle pumps with this dress, those I do wish she chose not so matchy matchy pumps. Yet I remain pleased for once with a Rihanna look.