Whether we get it or not Ciara is Riccardo Tisci’s current muse.

The singer attended the Givenchy Spring 2010 Couture presentation in Paris this week, so it was not a surprise to see her wearing a look from the collection to the “Salute to Icons Honoring Doug Morris” event last night.

I’m not sure if muse = wearing a head-to-toe runway look, but that’s exactly what Ciara opted for.

Whenever I see something this feathery Big Bird immediately springs to mind.

Ciara’s look consisted of a nude feathered jacket with short sleeves and a chiffon ribbon, paired with black shorts and thigh-high boots.

This is an interesting look for Ciara, but I would’ve preferred to have seen her wearing Look 6 or Look 8 or even mix up her looks to show off some creativity.

I’m starting to believe the term muse is being used very lightly these days.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Lady Gaga In Versace - 2013 American Music Awards

Lady Gaga In Versace – 2013 American Music Awards

Runway To Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event - Fergie In Zuhair Murad

Runway To Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event – Fergie In Zuhair Murad

15 Responses to Runway To Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event – Ciara In Givenchy Couture

1. Elise January 31, 2010 at 17:21 #

She doesn’t look good at all, I hate that look on her, it is too much

2. Amelle January 31, 2010 at 17:31 #

Ciara looks fantastic! Love it:)

3. Laura January 31, 2010 at 17:36 #

I understand that this look has a spot on the runway show. But on the carpet, I can’t imagine this look being flattering on even the skinniest of women. Her top half is all kinds of unflattering. If there was a Worst Dressed of the Week, she’d be in serious contention.

4. robbie January 31, 2010 at 17:53 #

oh wow i dont know what i worse the fact it is a straight from the runway whole look, or the fact she looks like a bird has eaten half of her.

5. Jess January 31, 2010 at 18:14 #

too fussy! would have looked way better with simple, slim fitting black trousers, or even leggings.

6. Terry January 31, 2010 at 18:20 #

For some twisted reason, I actually love this outfit on her. She was beautiful, her make-up was flawless, so, all in all, I think she pulled the Big Bird look off.

7. Linda January 31, 2010 at 18:34 #

Look 6 is lovely! I totally agree it would have been a better choice either with the feather skirt or the shorts from number 8. When you have that kind of stuff to choose from to translate to red carpet, her choice is surprising.

8. Mallory January 31, 2010 at 18:47 #

Can’t put my finger on why, but I like this look on Ciara. She used to have the typical rough edge R&B look. I’m enjoying her progression into couture fashions and hope she finds her way. And I agree, Looks 6 and 8 would be good choices.

9. Katey January 31, 2010 at 18:52 #

How could she choose this one??? I think It’s horrible and yeah she looks Like a big bird…

10. Sally January 31, 2010 at 19:02 #

Ciara and Givenchy is the most bizarre pairing. As it is one of my favourite labels it constantly makes me sad thinking about it. She doesn’t have the strength to pull this off at all.

11. princess January 31, 2010 at 20:39 #

i think Ciara looks stunning! yes it’s a VERY diffferent look and many wouldn’t dare wear it for fear of being called out but she took the risk… and somehow pulled it off! so kudos!

I can see why she’s Givenchy’s Muse. she’s beautiful.

12. Taylor January 31, 2010 at 21:43 #

The look on her face says it all…”what was I thinking?”

13. Lala/S-R January 31, 2010 at 22:06 #

I don’t think this look worked in her favor. We’ve seen many muses in T2T looks before. Haven’t we? Her face looks beautiful.

14. mol February 1, 2010 at 05:04 #

Thumbs up to the big bird look – I think she looks beautiful and groovey!

15. Ksenia February 15, 2010 at 00:37 #

Hideous. Too Rihanna like. Tacky.