31.01.10

Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event – Ke$ha

Am I the only one who doesn’t see what the big deal is in Ke$ha?

The only thing particularly interesting about her in my opinion is the way she spells her name.

She has one-hit-wonder written all over her, but then I thought the same about Katy Perry so what do I know?

For someone who sings an annoyingly catchy pop tune, it looks as if Ke$ha is going the rather predictable “edgy” route.

She paired a black asymmetrical dress with long leather fingerless gloves with an embellished detail with chunky cut-out ankle boots and a large statement necklace.

Tres dull and unoriginal.

Credit: Bauer Griffin

Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event - Jennifer Hudson

Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event – Jennifer Hudson

Runway To Grammy Awards’ “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event - Carrie Underwood In Jenny Packham

Runway To Grammy Awards’ “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event – Carrie Underwood In Jenny Packham

19 Responses to Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event – Ke$ha

1. wilwarin January 31, 2010 at 13:05 #

it’s huge lol… i really don’t know what she wanted to show whit this look, that she’s so different or something… well hun time to face the truth (and mirror too) like FC already said there’s nothing original in this look…

2. Katey January 31, 2010 at 14:33 #

I agree with you FC. I don’t think Kesha is interesting and I don’t like her music at all…

3. Flutterbang January 31, 2010 at 14:52 #

She looks as ridiculous as her music sounds. I hope she is a one hit wonder so that she goes away soon!

4. Lisa January 31, 2010 at 14:58 #

I couldn’t agree more FC, she’s just another “edgy” pop star, a dime a dozen these days

and for the record, Katy Perry should’ve been a one hit wonder, her 2 follow-up songs were awful and she can’t sing for the life of her…
    just saying.

• Fashion Critic January 31, 2010 at 15:13 #

I tend to agree. Katy should’ve been a one-hit wonder and can’t sing for toffee

5. justme January 31, 2010 at 15:33 #

I’m with you FC. Ke$ha is ridic.

And a memo for all these entertainer wannabes out there, if you can’t sing, can’t dance, can’t play an instrument, can’t perform… basically if you can’t entertain, at least be cute.
    It looks like she did her hair and make-up a week ago and hasn’t showered since. And the outfit is just as sad.

• robbie January 31, 2010 at 16:14 #

lmao the
      “And a memo for all these entertainer wannabes out there, if you can’t sing, can’t dance, can’t play an instrument, can’t perform… basically if you can’t entertain”

bit made me think of miley cyrus.

6. Laura January 31, 2010 at 15:34 #

The only difference between Katy Perry and her is that Katy at least attempts to sing. Ke$ha talks for a few minutes and it’s a hit? Not seeing it.

But at least Katy’s got an individual style. Ke$ha’s look says nothing more than “I’m Ashlee Simpson 2.0.” And I doubt she’ll mature like Ashlee’s seemed to. This girl’s just too freakin weird for me.

7. Karen January 31, 2010 at 15:47 #

I agree. For someone who wants to be ‘edgy’ and ‘different’ this is completely predictable.

8. Shoshanna January 31, 2010 at 15:48 #

Well her album has been pretty successful in the US, so I don’t think she’ll be a one hit wonder. She’s pretty much like Katy Perry…I enjoy listening to their music, but definitely not because they are lyrical geniuses, haha.

9. robbie January 31, 2010 at 16:13 #

oh god whenever i see her i think skanky ex drug addict, she will hopefully be a flash in the pan and soon fizzle out. she needs a frickin wash even listening to her songs make me feel dirty, not into a sexual way just actually unclean haha.

it actually hurts me to say it though i am kinda liking tik tok although the whole going from high pitched to deep during the song drives me nuts.

10. Matt January 31, 2010 at 17:34 #

Don’t worry, how many times can she wake up feeling like P. Diddy.

11. Miranda January 31, 2010 at 18:14 #

She needs to fix her hair, she looks like a stoned Taylor Swift

12. Gabbi January 31, 2010 at 20:50 #

The only reason why Lady GaGa isn’t a one hit wonder is because of the way she dresses. Perhaps Ke$ha should take a few pointers.

13. Islandista January 31, 2010 at 21:12 #

Wait, wait… first thing – Katy Perry has a second hit?

I’m not being facetious – the only Katy Perry song I can think of is ‘I kissed a girl’. Since then I thought the rest of her fame was for being Russell Brand’s girl and Rihanna’s friend…

As for Ke$ha – bless her heart, she is trying so hard to show how ‘different’ and ‘edgy’ she is – and not doing so well.

14. Lala/S-R January 31, 2010 at 22:10 #

“Am I the only one who doesn’t see what the big deal is in Ke$ha?” FC, OMG, I was wondering who agreed with me since this fraud is everywhere!!! Thank you, thank you! She’s almost as contrived as RIhanna. Actually Rihanna is more believable. You should have seen her shortly before her record deal. Just another Malibu looking girl. All of a sudden this. Just another label created exhibitionist.

15. mochababe73 January 31, 2010 at 22:41 #

Never heard of this chick so I am having a hard time understanding why she is even on the blog. This dress is ridiculous and looks like she lost a bet. I am so sick of women trying so hard to be edgy. They end up looking stupid and like they got dressed with their eyes closed.

16. LisaM February 1, 2010 at 06:04 #

Katy Perry has two hit songs–I Kissed a Girl and Hot ‘N Cold. The latter is actually a good song. But I hate Tik Tok and I can’t believe it’s a hit. How can she be invited to the Grammys only 3 weeks after her song became a hit?

17. beatriz duarte February 1, 2010 at 16:38 #

It was a halloween party? This isn’t stylish, it’s ugly and messy, unshophisticated, dirty and weird. The hair is horrible and the make up is strange!

Tik tik is kinda cool, but Ke$ha? Omg, she isn’t!