31.01.10

Jennifer Hudson squeezed her lady lumps into this purple leather dress with voluminous sleeves when she attended the “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” event in LA last night.

I do love this dress, but I really hate the blunt cut of her bangs.

At this same event last year, Jennifer gave everyone on the red carpet shoe envy wearing a gorgeous pair of Balenciaga gladiator heels.

This year her shoes are less interesting, as she opted for a humble hair of black suede pumps.

If it weren’t for the bangs and shoes I would’ve loved this look.

Credit: Bauer Griffin

In Mary J Blige's Closet - YSL Tribtoo Grey Heels

In Mary J Blige’s Closet – YSL Tribtoo Grey Heels

Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event - Ke$ha

Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event – Ke$ha

9 Responses to Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event – Jennifer Hudson

1. wilwarin January 31, 2010 at 12:37 #

i agree with everything you said FC… i love the dress asks for more interesting shoes… and bangs well they don’t look bad on her but still they are too blunt for my liking.

2. mm January 31, 2010 at 12:46 #

I love Jennifer in this dress. The hairstyle in not my favorite, but it will probably be different tonight. I am not sure most people will be watching the grammys in the USA the Pro Bowl (american football) is also on tonight.

3. Linda January 31, 2010 at 14:29 #

I agree with FC on the shoes. They have so much to choose from that you’d think a plain pump in any colour would be a rare sight. I love the dress on her and I don’t mind the bangs terribly, but they are awfully big and blunt. They seem to work okay with the dress, though.

4. Laura January 31, 2010 at 15:35 #

The bangs take the futuristic look too over the top. But I do like the dress on her.

5. Gaber January 31, 2010 at 15:58 #

I saw her and I said to myself how much I love the hair and HATE the dress!
    Well, I guess even FC can’t always be right!
    :p

6. robbie January 31, 2010 at 16:17 #

it looks like someone stuck a bowl on her head and cut her bangs that way.

she does look great from the eyebrows right down to the ankles. the shoes are breaking my heart.

7. mochababe73 January 31, 2010 at 22:42 #

Her bangs are heavy. But, friends don’t let friends wear ugly, purple leather dresses.

• Lee-Shay February 1, 2010 at 10:30 #

LOL – I agree.

8. Ksenia February 15, 2010 at 00:39 #

This is unflattering- no offense, but I don’t think leather is usually too flattering on heavy(heavier) women. This look for Jen isn’t working for me.