Who Wore Elie Saab Better? Beyonce Knowles or Dita von Teese

This is going to be tough.

Two beautiful woman with amazing figures wearing the same Elie Saab Fall 2009 dress.

I love how this electric blue Elie Saab dress pops on both of them, and how it pulls them both in at the waist with what appears to be an invisible corset.

Beyonce Knowles wore this dress back in April last year when she made an appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman.

She added a lot of gold to her look pairing her dress a multitude of gold bangles, gold earrings, and a golden pair of Ruthie Davis Odyssey platform heels.

Dita von Teese kept her look very simple when she arrived at the Elie Saab Spring 2010 Couture show in Paris this week.

Sparkling heels and trademark red lips and nails completed the look.

Dita left me breathless in this look, and the colour contrast against her alabaster skin is amazing so she just wins for me.

Credit: Style.com & PA

Runway To Essence Black Women In Music Event - Mary J Blige In Alexander McQueen

Runway To Essence Black Women In Music Event – Mary J Blige In Alexander McQueen

In Kelly Rowland's Closet - Hervé Léger Sequined Bandage Dress

In Kelly Rowland’s Closet – Hervé Léger Sequined Bandage Dress

20 Responses to Who Wore Elie Saab Better? Beyonce Knowles or Dita von Teese

1. Mallory January 29, 2010 at 07:14 #

Dita made me want the dress. Beyonce made me feel like I could never look that good in the dress and I should just hang up the idea of ever wanting that dress waaaay in the back of my closet.

2. chrystelle January 29, 2010 at 07:21 #

your bias is showing.hehe. it is tough so i will say they both look great.their curves do the dress justice.

• Fashion Critic January 29, 2010 at 10:01 #

I did see it in the flesh so I’m bound to be in love with the look :)

3. Stuti January 29, 2010 at 07:27 #

You’re right. This is tough. The dress fits better on Beyonce, her curves are so fabulous! But I like the dress better with black hair and minimum accessories. Yeah, well, Dita wins this.

4. Elisa January 29, 2010 at 07:44 #

This dress is amazing, but I do think that Dita’s twins look a bit uncomfortable! The dress fits Beyoncé so beautifully. I went for B.

5. Alfredo January 29, 2010 at 09:11 #

No fair, do I really have to choose?

Two of the most uber-glam divas who can carry some of the most difficult and bold gowns in the world, yet we see them in such a simple piece.

They both played it to the maximum effect, Beyonce complemented it with a contrasting color, gold, from her skin to her accessories.

Dita did the same, she chose strong bold colors, white, black and red.

It’s hard but I’m going to go with Beyonce, just because she had better shoes to match her accessories.

6. Jasmine January 29, 2010 at 09:18 #

This is the perfect dress on Beyoncés figure. I think Dita has it a lot easier than Beyoncé when it comes to finding things that suit her perfectly so Beyoncé wins for me. Plus she is gleaming in that picture.

7. Alina January 29, 2010 at 09:34 #

Beyonce wins for me.

8. nicole January 29, 2010 at 09:54 #

beyonce for me too

9. Flutterbang January 29, 2010 at 10:01 #

Love them both, but I picked Beyonce because I loved the gold accessories just that little bit more

10. Elise January 29, 2010 at 10:42 #

Dita is flawless and the dress looks amazing against her skin. So Dita win this for me

11. Simon January 29, 2010 at 11:07 #

Ok so i voted for Beyoncé, because I think that for her its not as simple as Dita to look that fabulous, and she is known to makes mistakes, so this is for Beyoncé

(sorry for the bad english again)

• Fashion Critic January 29, 2010 at 11:19 #

please don’t apologize… :D

12. Matt January 29, 2010 at 11:47 #

Dita wins for me, as she always does. I do love ito n beyonce too, They both win but Dita get’s my vote

13. shubby doo January 29, 2010 at 11:56 #

Don’t normally think Dita can be matched…her style is so unique but here (with the accessories, shoes, fitting etc…) for me…it’s Bey (hands down).

14. Lou January 29, 2010 at 14:03 #

Prefer the length of the dress on Beyonce than Dita

15. k January 29, 2010 at 14:37 #

I love it on Beyonce for the way it looks on her lovely skin as well. Plus, I love the accessories and Beyonce’s hair all down. They both look absolutely beautiful.

16. ~**juDee**~ January 29, 2010 at 19:26 #

i think it looks better on beyonce. the colour is amazing against her skin. personally the only downside is the mass of hair extensions coming down each side

17. justme January 29, 2010 at 20:00 #

They both look more than amazing so I voted for the one who wore it first.

18. Shami January 29, 2010 at 20:26 #

I think Beyonce looks better, just because Dita’s girls seem to be a little squished and overexposed