Runway To “When In Rome” LA Premiere – Rose McGowan In Valentino

Actress Rose McGowan wore a shortened version of this Valentino Spring 2010 frill trimmed dress to the premiere of “When In Rome” in LA.

Chloe Sevigny recently wore the runway version of this rose coloured dress to the 2010 Golden Globes.

Although we named her one of the best dressed stars of the night, a lot of you didn’t agree and found her look too busy.

I can’t decide how I feel about Rose’s take on this dress. I think that by shortening it she has lost a lot of its drama.

I also think she’s quite pale to be wearing this colour – it washes her out slightly.

What’s your take on this dress? Do you prefer it to the longer runway look?

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Rose McGowan In Marc Jacobs - 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

Rose McGowan In Marc Jacobs – 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

Runway To "When In Rome" LA Premiere - Alexis Dziena In Zac Posen

Runway To “When In Rome” LA Premiere – Alexis Dziena In Zac Posen

18 Responses to Runway To “When In Rome” LA Premiere – Rose McGowan In Valentino

1. Leo January 28, 2010 at 18:07 #

The sort version looks so much better than the gown. And iI adore how Rose wore it, the colour against her skin make an interesting combination.

2. Naomi January 28, 2010 at 18:10 #

I loved the look on Chloe Sevigny. Here? Not at all. Also, her lipstick shade is just wrong. I think something more burgundy would have been better.

3. mark January 28, 2010 at 19:01 #

Much prefer the runway version too FC !

4. Alfredo January 28, 2010 at 19:23 #

I don’t like either version of the dress, the design is uninspiring, but the short version looks better, there are less ruffles to down whoever wears it.

5. carla G. January 28, 2010 at 19:34 #

Love Chloe’s much more than Rose’s

6. Lauren January 28, 2010 at 19:45 #

I prefer the shorter version! It does loose some of its drama but I think that helps improve the dress rather than ruins it! And I actually quite like it against her skin tone! Though I do not like her choice of lipstick and I would have liked to have seen her with her hair pulled back!

7. Dani January 28, 2010 at 19:50 #

I prefer it short but I wish she had worn some kind of belt and changed her lipstick!

8. Chiara January 28, 2010 at 20:39 #

definetly longer!you’re right it losts its drama!

9. Rita January 28, 2010 at 20:49 #

runaway version is way better that short looks just odd.

10. Shoshanna January 28, 2010 at 20:51 #

For me, Chloe was one of the best dressed at the Golden Globes (I wish people would appreciate a risk once in a while).

Rose just looks a mess.

• Linda January 29, 2010 at 03:11 #

I completely agree with you. I LOVED Chloe in her dress. I thought she just glowed in it and looked so feminine and floaty, and yes, took a risk, unlike so many others.

For me, it’s up there with Michelle Williams in the infamous mustard yellow Vera Wang from a few years ago.

This shortened version looks pretty terrible on Rose, unfortunately.

11. Tara January 28, 2010 at 21:00 #

Not going to lie, I wasn’t a fan of it on Chloe, and I’m not liking it here either:/
    It looked good on the runway but, IMO, it has yet to be done justice on the red carpet.

12. P. January 28, 2010 at 21:25 #

In shorter version, does loose some of its drama , but I really don’t like the runway version, because it’s very conceptual, the shorter version, wore by Rose McGowan is so much more wearable than the longer verson, and I like her in this Valentino and don’t think it the colour of th e dress washes her out slightly !

Xo

• P. January 28, 2010 at 21:37 #

Are those Brian Atwood nude ankle strap heels ? If not, they appear to be the same shoes wore by Rachel McAdams with Doo.ri dress on Letterman show

• Lou January 29, 2010 at 14:18 #

I agree – have to admit that the ‘waves’ at the bottom of the runway gown are beautiful but there is something about the overall look that doesn’t work for me… maybe its the neckline when the wearer/dress is in motion. Much prefer the shorter version

13. SkirtTheIssue January 29, 2010 at 00:04 #

I’m still not a huge fan, but i prefer the shorter version on Rose- much less fussy

14. Nikki January 29, 2010 at 03:25 #

In general I’m not a fan of this design. The ruffles make the wearer look shapeless and I’m not sure if wearing a belt would have made it better. Also it looks like they’re drowning in the dress especially with the high (ruffled) neckline. But I do prefer this to the runway version as it looks less busy and the cut
    /silhouette hugs Rose McGowan’s curves. The color looks good against her skin and red hair. Although it would have been better if she had worn another lipstick color as this was too retro.

15. Jasmine January 29, 2010 at 09:22 #

I agree with Nikki. The dress is just not very nice in the first place and the high ruffles on the neck make you want to walk up to them and wipe the mess of their chest.