Runway To “When In Rome” LA Premiere – Kristen Bell In Monique Lhuillier

Kristen Bell attended the World Premiere of “When In Rome” last night in LA.

The blonde actress opted for a chocolate brown Monique Lhuillier Spring 2010 gown.

I adore this floor length chocolate brown dress with cut out details and a rope like cord hanging from the midriff.

I’m pleased that Kristen has worn her hair back with minimal make up as I think the details in this dress speak entirely for themselves.

My only complaint would be that I would liked to have seen some heavier gold accessories worn with this rich shade of brown.

Long crystal earrings and a bronze clutch complete her look.

I like seeing this style of cut-out dress on the red carpet. Last year we saw Hilary Swank in a Monique Lhuillier Fall 2009 cut out dress which I really loved.

[nggallery id=312]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Katharine McPhee In Tanya Taylor & Paule Ka - C.H.I.P.S Colleagues Helpers in Philanthropic Service Children's Institute Annual Charity Luncheon

Katharine McPhee In Tanya Taylor & Paule Ka – C.H.I.P.S Colleagues Helpers in Philanthropic Service Children’s Institute Annual Charity Luncheon

Runway To "When In Rome" LA Premiere - Fergie In Michael Kors

Runway To “When In Rome” LA Premiere – Fergie In Michael Kors

19 Responses to Runway To “When In Rome” LA Premiere – Kristen Bell In Monique Lhuillier

1. Shoshanna January 28, 2010 at 16:42 #

Terrible outfit.

2. robbie January 28, 2010 at 16:55 #

i completely agree with you sophie that heavier gold jewelry would have looked great. i really love the rope detail.

3. naff January 28, 2010 at 16:56 #

Love it on her. This gives us a different look because sometimes i get bored to seeing short sleeveless dresses. The color is beautiful and the cutout doesnt make her look thick. I just wished she had worn a chunky necklace like on the runway look. Thanks FC!

4. shaun January 28, 2010 at 17:29 #

i love love love this dress. I slightly agree with you, when you said you would love to see some heavier /stronger accessories, but not gold, to predictable. Would have love to see stones, green/ emerald would have been a nice contrast

5. Lara January 28, 2010 at 17:38 #

I don’t love it. I think this style of dress needs someone taller to really pull it off.

• justme January 28, 2010 at 18:01 #

Mte. I like Kristen’s style but this dress is for tall people.

• Scott January 28, 2010 at 18:15 #

Agreed, I feel she’s too short for this dress. If anything it makes her look shorther than she actually is.

• Juliana January 28, 2010 at 21:28 #

I liked the dress precisely because it didn’t make Kristen look even smaller. By looking at the pictures, I wouldn’t say she’s as short as he is.

• Kaylie January 28, 2010 at 21:22 #

I agree too. The very first thing I thought when I saw this picture is “She is too short for that dress.”

• Lee-Shay January 29, 2010 at 07:23 #

I agree – too short.

6. Leo January 28, 2010 at 17:59 #

Don’t hate this, but don’t love it also. I think someone else could rock this look, but on her it’s not quite right.

7. Naomi January 28, 2010 at 18:14 #

This fabric looks very cheap, almost like a costume. The sleeves and the chest area look very bad as well.

8. eimear January 28, 2010 at 19:27 #

I love it, the chocolaty colour is lovely, woulda looked great on kate hudson in white at the SAG awards.

9. evanthe January 28, 2010 at 20:15 #

i do like the rich dark brown color but she really should have added more blings to cover up rather dull neck area. and like someone mentioned above, the material looks rather cheap.

i would think it would look pretty good on tilda swinton, though it might be a little tight for her stile

10. P. January 28, 2010 at 21:48 #

It’s a big No-No. She is so small, the dress is made for someone taller to pull it of !!!

But, Hilary Swank looks outstanding wearing Monique Lhuillier with cut-out details, she and the dress look much more beautiful, sophisticated and chic than the Kristen and her dress.

11. Nikki January 29, 2010 at 04:20 #

I think she’s not tall enough to pull this dress off. The color, the style, and the material is too much for her small frame. I wish she had worn something else in another color, a lower neckline, and/or no sleeves. The peekaboo is sexy though without showing too much skin.

12. Jasmine January 29, 2010 at 09:26 #

Horrible dress. I’m not liking much I’m seeing this morning.

13. bettybrandenburg January 29, 2010 at 09:32 #

Must say I agree with a few people: she’s too short and blonde to pull this off. It looks … frumpy, almost, despite the cut outs (which are clearly not frumpy). It doesn’t fit properly, either, almost as if she’s put on a dress by her mother.

14. Lizzie January 29, 2010 at 10:46 #

It’s very bland. And I agree, she’s too short for this dress.

Not a good choice for her all in all.