Runway To “When In Rome” LA Premiere – Alexis Dziena In Zac Posen

Alexis Dziena was easily the most noticeable on the red carpet at the “When In Rome” LA Premiere.

That’s because she wore a Zac Posen Spring 2010 green geometric knit dress.

This is only the second time a look has been worn from the Zac Posen Spring 2010 collection, which for me is surprising considering the strong bright block colours and sparkling embellishments.

Alexis opted out of wearing the PVC runway mac, but added a pair of gold heels and a white bag to complete her look.

I think she deserves to be considered for BDOTW, but I’m like a magnet to colourful looks.

What do you guys think?

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To "When In Rome" LA Premiere - Rose McGowan In Valentino

Runway To “When In Rome” LA Premiere – Rose McGowan In Valentino

Runway To Essence Black Women In Music Event - Mary J Blige In Alexander McQueen

Runway To Essence Black Women In Music Event – Mary J Blige In Alexander McQueen

24 Responses to Runway To “When In Rome” LA Premiere – Alexis Dziena In Zac Posen

1. Talita January 28, 2010 at 20:11 #

I didn’t like it at all. I don’t think she makes it work. And the accessories look awful.

2. Chiara January 28, 2010 at 20:32 #

maybe she could be considered for bdotw…but i think we have seen many other looks which were definetly better than this one,anyway it’s very nice the geometric print

3. Katey January 28, 2010 at 20:38 #

The only thing I don’t like about this look is the shoes. I rather prefer a black or green pumps for this dress. I don’t like these gold sandals…

4. Katey January 28, 2010 at 20:38 #

But I love this dress on her. And I love zac Posen. This dress is beutiful, interesting, freshing…perfect.

5. perfumeorpoison January 28, 2010 at 20:40 #

I really hate this look. The dress in unflattering on her, and the heels and the bag are just .. horrible.

6. Tara January 28, 2010 at 21:01 #

I love it! And I love how she was potographed infront of the yellow car too! I would have liked it with different shoes though.

7. Elisa January 28, 2010 at 21:02 #

I don’t care for this AT ALL. The dress looks like a really bad second hand-thing, the shoes are bad. The purse is blah as well. I am not a fan. :-)

8. adrien January 28, 2010 at 21:09 #

Don’t like it either…
    Thoses shoes are not the best thing…
    I would’nt put her as BDOTH just because she won’t get that many votes… Save the spot for someone else, like reese witherspoon…

• adrien January 28, 2010 at 21:09 #

BDOTW sorry…

9. P. January 28, 2010 at 21:31 #

*sighs* BDOTW ? Seriously ? Is this a joke ? I don’t like the dress, and the accessories are misplaced. Ohh, what I can say about these shoes ? FRIGHTFUL !

10. Yaas January 28, 2010 at 22:14 #

I like the runway version, that one works for me, but not this one, sorry! :)

11. Alicia January 28, 2010 at 22:22 #

I love this dress, but don’t like the way the bodice fits around her bust. It looks like it’s gaping around the arm holes, although that could just be the way she’s posing.

• Claire Kelly January 29, 2010 at 04:32 #

I agree with you. It pancakes her. She looks like she isn’t wearing a bra, which is strange because it’s one of the few dresses that can be worn with a non-strapless bra.

• Danika January 29, 2010 at 11:48 #

I think she looks terrible! The shape just makes her look really thick and misshapen, which I’m sure she’s not otherwise. Plus I think her accessories are awful. It might be a pet peeve, but when celebrities carry bags with straps on the red carpet and just dangle them like that, it always looks daft.

12. mol January 28, 2010 at 22:41 #

She doesn’t seem to have the right look for this outfit….I would love to see someone like Jennifer Carpenter in it, or even Kirsten Stewart…..

13. Naomi January 29, 2010 at 00:35 #

I’m also not a fan of this look.

14. anna January 29, 2010 at 02:41 #

I don’t like those shoes with the dress. I think they make the whole outfit too busy. And I really, really wish she had dones something more interesting with her hair., preferably pulled it back but a style of SOME sort would have been welcome. Pull her hair back, and change the accessories and maybe she becomes a BDOTW contender. The dress is certainly an amazing one.

15. Linda January 29, 2010 at 03:06 #

I think she looks really fresh and pretty. She has my vote as a BDOTW contender. The colour of the dress looks great with her hair.

16. nicky January 29, 2010 at 08:25 #

agree tht the accessories are a bit of a mess. i dont love the shoes either. the dress is really cute and i like the colour contrast with her hair

17. Ling January 29, 2010 at 11:34 #

I really like this look. I think she looks fresh, young and cute. Plus the colour of the dress really makes her eyes pop.

18. DY January 29, 2010 at 11:54 #

Love the colour but it doesn’t seem to fit around the bust and shoulders and makes her thighs look a tiny bit chunky (when I’m sure they aren’t)

19. Caroline January 29, 2010 at 12:36 #

didn’t like the heels…

20. Lou January 29, 2010 at 14:06 #

Include it… its a great dress and she looks good in it, though I too would have prefered different shoes

21. Jess January 29, 2010 at 14:30 #

the dress is gross. I’m having a hard time seeing it look good on anyone, but the colour would probably look way better on a darker skin tone