Please be upstanding, the Queen is back.

Cate Blanchett is currently in Tokyo to promote her favorite brand of skincare, SKII.

We’ve been picking Armani Prive Spring 2010 wish lists for Cate, but on this occasion she joined Asian celebrities on stage wearing a jeweled red silk Alberta Ferretti Fall 2009 dress.

The colour really pops, and I’m grateful that she opted for the red instead of the black.

The high neckline elongates her even more.

I love the quiff, but I’m a tad disappointed that the split in her dress which revealed the tops of the tights.

This is why I hate tights, they ruin everything. j/k

Later in the evening a dinner party was held in Cate’s honour and it was here she floors me.

The actress was breath-taking wearing a Chanel dress from the Chanel Paris-Shanghai Métiers D’Arts Pre-Fall 2010 collection.

Her black organza gown is exquisite with the gold trims and floral embroidered details.

Gold heels, diamond earrings and simple make-up complete the look.

Between seeing Dita yesterday and Cate in these pictures, I’ve reached my perfection quota for the month.

BDOTW contender. I’m predicting a 3 clothes-horse race.

[nggallery id=311]

Credit: Style.com, Reuters & ent.sina.com.cn

Victoria And David Beckham For 10 Magazine Spring 2010

Victoria And David Beckham For 10 Magazine Spring 2010

Runway To Saks Fifth Avenue's Unforgettable Evening - Taylor Swift In Valentino

Runway To Saks Fifth Avenue’s Unforgettable Evening – Taylor Swift In Valentino

22 Responses to Runway To SKII 30th Anniversary Ceremony – Cate Blanchett In Alberta Ferretti & Chanel

1. Elise January 28, 2010 at 13:19 #

I love the first dress, the color is stunning, even with the tights she looks amazing
    I don’t like the second dress

2. robbie January 28, 2010 at 13:38 #

wow cate does it again, perfection as always probably the only woman to make tights look fabulous. im in awe of the chanel dress. BDOTW for sure FC? ;-)

3. nicky January 28, 2010 at 13:40 #

i like her first look. really amazing. the hair is a bit funky and reminds me of tilda swinton =\

the chanel dress is not appealing on the runway but it looks so elegant on cate!

4. Jennifer January 28, 2010 at 13:41 #

Glorious, glorious, glorious! May the Queen forever reign!

I hadn’t seen the Chanel dress, so thanks for showcasing that too FC. I will now sigh and be very happy for the rest of the day. BDOFTW for certain for me, unless she is at another event that tops this. And that would be like giving me chocolate AND money!

5. shree January 28, 2010 at 13:50 #

Opaques would have looked way better – far edgier ,to go with her hairstyle. She always stands out. She just carries herself so well. Class.

6. Linda January 28, 2010 at 14:02 #

Ummm…WOW! Cate blew me away with that red dress. It makes her look so sexy, modern, edgy. I just LOVE it. The second one, meh. It looks nice, but after seeing the red one with the cut, the details on the shoulder, the makeup and that hair, the second one just can’t compare to me.

7. FashionLover January 28, 2010 at 14:29 #

the picture SKII Anniversary (4) actually looks like its a part of some magazine editorial…Hands down love Cate!

• Ally January 28, 2010 at 15:34 #

Completely agree. That picture (the headshot on the bottom) could be the cover of a magazine. Love the red dress on her.

8. Cheryl January 28, 2010 at 14:50 #

I like how the top of her tights can be seen coz they make her look sexier. On someone else this might seem desperate (M. Fox, anyone?) but Cate just has this innate grace and poise like that of a goddess that allows her to wear even a potato sack and she’ll still lock FAN-FRIGGIN-TASTIC…

9. Pablo January 28, 2010 at 15:25 #

OMG!! Is she giving her Elizabeth DVD as a gift in the second Chanel pic! That would be hilarious!! :)

Perfection as always, in any case!! Sooooo regal!!

10. Vicky January 28, 2010 at 15:35 #

Hail the Queen! The red Alberta Ferretti is amazing on Cate! And I’m not bothered that the top of the thights is showing, it’s sexy since it’s only visual when she’s walking. Pure perfection!
    I’m not blown away by the Chanel dress, I think it’s the lenght that bothers me.

11. Lara January 28, 2010 at 16:11 #

I love Cate as much as the next guy/girl, but I can’t help but notice her hair seems to need a touch-up. I’m not sure its gray that I am seeing, probably just that her blond needs some zip added back. But she does look stunning, and I prefer the red dress

12. Shoshanna January 28, 2010 at 16:43 #

Amazing on both occasions. The Alberta Ferretti outfit reminds me of that Chanel dress she wore a few years back.

13. mol January 28, 2010 at 17:11 #

I’m in the red dress camp – gorgeous, sexy, regal, everything mixed in all at once, which is Cate’s genius….

14. Leo January 28, 2010 at 17:56 #

Can we have both looks for BDOTW? She looks so sexy and powefull in the first and like a true diva in the second. Love both. Cate always brings it.

• Chiara January 28, 2010 at 20:56 #

both looks should be in the poll in my opinion but than…what would i vote for???:-)

15. Ann January 28, 2010 at 19:56 #

Cate is extraordinary ! She’s always stunning.

16. sydneycheapchic January 28, 2010 at 21:55 #

STUNNING!!! Gosh I love her!! I love both looks, both deserve a place in BDOTW .. Although i am leaning more towards the red because it just looks stunning in contrast with her skin…

17. Clover January 28, 2010 at 22:58 #

“3 clothes-horse race”… love it.

I love it when you’re funny FC!

• Fashion Critic January 28, 2010 at 23:32 #

18. Gaber January 28, 2010 at 23:27 #

I LOVE her in Ferretti, but there is no way in hell that I am rewarding those tights with the Best Dressed vote.
    The Chanel on the other hand does nothing for me.

19. Jasmine January 29, 2010 at 09:37 #

Thank goodness for Cate. The red dress is incredible on her. And, although the top of the tights problem was the first thing that I noticed, I still think she absolutely kills of all the BDOTW competition here. As for the Chanel, I agree with others here that the length is a little odd. It should be longer on her (she is tall, of course). Otherwise, though, it’s a daring choice and that suits Cate. And as an actress, I love her.