Newly single Reese Witherspoon showed no signs of the ‘break up blues’ as she walked the red carpet at the Saks’ Unforgettable Evening Benefiting EIF’s Women’s Cancer Research Fund at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel last night.

I love the Jason Wu Pre-Fall 2010 dress with a beautiful black lace overlay and black satin belt, but I prefer the length of this dress on the runway.

In saying that I couldn’t see Reese sporting such a short dress, so the dress works very well for her and the length is event appropriate.

What I would’ve liked to have seen was a different hairstyle. It feels like she’s hasn’t changed it since her break up with Ryan Phillippe.

An up do would’ve worked well with this look.

Lengthening the dress. Was that an upgrade or downgrade for Reese?

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To Saks Fifth Avenue's Unforgettable Evening - Taylor Swift In Valentino

Runway To Saks Fifth Avenue’s Unforgettable Evening – Taylor Swift In Valentino

Runway To "When In Rome" LA Premiere - Kristen Bell In Monique Lhuillier

Runway To “When In Rome” LA Premiere – Kristen Bell In Monique Lhuillier

12 Responses to Runway To Saks Fifth Avenue’s Unforgettable Evening – Reese Witherspoon In Jason Wu

1. Elise January 28, 2010 at 15:04 #

I love her she is so cute.
    The dress looks stunnig, I love the lace. I think the lenght is perfect for her.

2. Ally January 28, 2010 at 15:31 #

If it allowed her to leave the tights at home, then it was a definite upgrade! I think it is a fine length for her.

3. Megan January 28, 2010 at 16:45 #

I think Reese is a shorty like me (5’1) so I wonder if it’s not lengthed but just instead not shortened. I like it as it but think it would be cute shorter too. At least her peep toe shoe choice enlongates her legs a bit, a nude pump might have been a good option too.

• Tara January 28, 2010 at 21:02 #

“I think Reese is a shorty like me (5′1) so I wonder if it’s not lengthed but just instead not shortened.”

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

4. Leo January 28, 2010 at 17:55 #

She looks great and sophisticated. There is no problem with the length of the dress, too short would not be very much her style.

5. Emma January 28, 2010 at 19:46 #

I love the dress but not the hair.

Btw have you seen Leighton Meester in the March issue of In Style UK, she wears some very pretty clothes, one Valentino Spring 2010

6. Tara January 28, 2010 at 21:05 #

I don’t think the length has been touched to be honest, the model was probably a good 6 inches taller that Reese.
    I would only take it up an inch on Reese. Because, if worn without tights, it wouldn’t loook right on her. I don’t mind this length either to be honest.

7. Juliana January 28, 2010 at 21:33 #

I do think it was at least slightly modified. By looking at the pictures, I see a different bodiceXskirt bodice on both pictures (maybe my eyes are playing a trick on me). But I also think it wasn’t to much of a lengthening, maybe an inch or two, as Reese is really petite.

What I love about this look is how it combines sexy, sophisticated and soft/romantic…

A different hairstyle would be nice, thought. Maybe some waves?

8. P. January 28, 2010 at 21:43 #

Personally, I like the both looks, but on Reese I like the length version, because it’s more sophisticated and chic, two qualities of Reese.

9. elizabeth January 28, 2010 at 22:17 #

this is an entirely appropriate length for real life. those supershort lengths look okay in fashion magazines but i think in the real world look try-hard. i hated gwnneth paltrow’s super short mini dresses she wore during the iron man promotions – they were just TOOOOO short. i’m not a prude, but reese looks elegant and glamourous here, not like a try-hard teeny starlight anxious to nab some red carpet coverage.

10. Sally January 28, 2010 at 23:33 #

BDOTW! BDOTW!

11. Lizzie January 29, 2010 at 10:49 #

I think the dress looks good on her but her hair doesn’t!

It looks untidy and a bit lifeless. A neat chignon would have been so much better.