Chanel Spring 2010 Couture

Chanel’s Spring 2010 Couture show was full of pretty pastels, beautiful bows and touches of silver.

The one thing that struck me about the collection was the lack of Karl Lagerfeld’s usual use of black and white.

Lagerfeld called this his “neon baroque” theme and although the traditional Chanel suit was seen in abundance, there were unusual twists like culotte style shorts and ruched skirts.

Silver was also seen throughout the collection and I love the contrast it brings to the candy colours.

Silver shoe boots along with metallic half gloves and lurex tights brought a touch of the space age to this otherwise soft and pretty collection.

I especially love how delicate tulle was ruched into soft swirls and paired with silver lamé to provide interesting harder edges.

Models wore matching bows in their hair with white streaks throughout their bangs and bouffant updos.

I love how the show ended with Abbey Lee Kershaw and Baptiste Giabiconi dressed as bride and groom and looking like they’d just stepped straight off the top of a wedding cake.

Credit: Catwalking

Diane Kruger 'The Bridge' New York Promo Tour

Diane Kruger ‘The Bridge’ New York Promo Tour

Alexa Chung Front Row @ Chanel's Spring 2010 Couture Show

Alexa Chung Front Row @ Chanel’s Spring 2010 Couture Show

9 Responses to Chanel Spring 2010 Couture

1. Shoshanna January 27, 2010 at 11:03 #

Couture is not as interesting as it used to be, what with Lacroix being no more, Gaultier being inconsistent, Dior continuing to look boring and repetitive…

My only hope was for Givenchy and Chanel. While I really loved some of the dresses at Chanel, I’m sick of tweed already! And while I love Tisci, yesterday’s collection was a big WTF.

2. bettybrandenburg January 27, 2010 at 11:30 #

Odd. They all look like prize poodles.

3. Ansam January 27, 2010 at 12:44 #

I LOVE the tights! I wonder if they have’em here in Kuwait! I WANT I WANT hahaha

4. mm January 27, 2010 at 12:47 #

The collection is very Peter Cottontail.I am not feeling these looks, everything is so matronly. I am very interested to see pieces off the runway.

5. Ally January 27, 2010 at 13:03 #

I hate to say it, but I’m continuing to be disappointed by Chanel. Maybe it is just me, but when I think Chanel, I see Jackie O’ and Jackie would NEVER wear shorts. I’m also not the biggest fan of pastels. They wash out pretty much everyone.

6. Kimmy January 27, 2010 at 14:09 #

I’m loving the hairstyle and big bow on their heads! The 5th dress and the finale bride and groom are my favorite!

Uncle Karl, you did it again.

I noticed that there aren’t any black and white dresses and suits in this collection instead pastels and silver details.

Chanel is love.

7. danniekate January 27, 2010 at 20:33 #

love the iridescent tights, the general wet look mixed with pastels and those huge bows. a definite winner!

8. Rebecca January 27, 2010 at 21:21 #

For Chanel, this is slightly disappointing. It was pretty but it just didn’t reach Chanel’s usual standards. Abbey Lee is one of my favourite models but I prefered Lara Stone’s wedding dress from the Fall 2009 show. Very cute though. :)

9. Leelah January 28, 2010 at 05:33 #

That purple coat is TO DIE FOR!
    Thanks to that, I must now own a lilac coat.